BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

Nonda the 15th most efficient player in europe!

and McCarthy is number 18 on the same list.. Only players that have scored 7 or more goals in the big european leagues are taken into account, the article is on norwegian but you will find the list at the bottom of the page! Nonda is better than Pongolle according to this statistics ;)

the list is provided by Opta and was made before the easter games.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting that despite hitting 5 goals in 6 league games we still can't bring ourselves to praise benni :blink:

to his critics (lazy lazy blah blah), why don't you stick his 21 goals up your @rse?

If we can get Bellers back we can afford to get big money for Benni whilst his reputation is high. I don't believe we can play the two together as both need to feel they are the stars of the team and would each probably resent the other.

Just my opinion.

Great player. However i hate his lazy tendancies! I think his days of sprinting for the ball for 90 minutes are over. Even thought he has bagged 21 goals this season, i still think that Bellamy is and was the better player when he was here. However, if we could get the two in a partnership then Bellamys speed would make up for Bennis lack of it.

I honestly think that if McCarthy were given the opportunity to join Chelsea, he would turn them down. He must realise that he is not going to be first choice at Chelsea and that, even if he were, he'd likely be replaced within a season as soon as a better striker became available.

He hated not being first choice at Porto and regretted not joining the Premiership when he was younger. I doubt he'd waste his peak years on the bench at Chelsea.

Money might come into it, but his attitude is fantastic and he seems more interested in the playing side of things. He has ambition, but that seems to lie in getting our small club into Europe.

For the record, I don't think Chelsea will go for him.

I honestly think that if McCarthy were given the opportunity to join Chelsea, he would turn them down. He must realise that he is not going to be first choice at Chelsea and that, even if he were, he'd likely be replaced within a season as soon as a better striker became available.

He hated not being first choice at Porto and regretted not joining the Premiership when he was younger. I doubt he'd waste his peak years on the bench at Chelsea.

Money might come into it, but his attitude is fantastic and he seems more interested in the playing side of things. He has ambition, but that seems to lie in getting our small club into Europe.

For the record, I don't think Chelsea will go for him.

tcj, i pray your right! :brfc:

What's medium priced for Chelsea anyway? Surely they wouldn't want to admit they couldn't match Spurs price for Berbatov or pay what Liverpool paid for the strikers they bought last season. Even if we bumped McCarthy's price up a bit from what we paid for him we couldn't ask much and I doubt Chelsea would like it to be thought they needed to buy players on the cheap even if they've proved to be rather good in the prem.

An interesting comparisson made by the Guardian:

51 players with more goals than Shevchenko

Premiership scorers 2006-07

19 Didier Drogba (Chelsea)

16 Cristiano Ronaldo (Man Utd)

15 Benni McCarthy (Blackburn)

13 Wayne Rooney (Man Utd)

12 Kevin Doyle (Reading), Yakubu Aiyegbeni (Middlesbrough), Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool)

11 Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Nicolas Anelka (Bolton), Obafemi Martins (Newcastle), Darren Bent (Charlton), Bobby Zamora (West Ham), Robin van Persie (Arsenal), Andrew Johnson (Everton)

10 Thierry Henry (Arsenal), Mark Viduka (Middlesbrough), Nwankwo Kanu (Portsmouth)

9 Peter Crouch (Liverpool), Brian McBride (Fulham), Emile Heskey (Wigan), Dimitar Berbatov (Tottenham)

8 Gareth Barry (Aston Villa), Louis Saha (Man United), Robbie Keane (Tottenham), Gilberto Silva (Arsenal), Matthew Taylor (Portsmouth), Mikel Arteta (Everton), Rob Hulse (Sheff Utd), Gabriel Agbonlahor (Aston Villa), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham)

7 Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (Man Utd), Shabani Nonda (Blackburn), Emmanuel Adebayor (Arsenal), Leroy Lita (Reading), Craig Bellamy (Liverpool)

6 Paul Scholes (Man Utd), Salomon Kalou (Chelsea), Gary Speed (Bolton), Henri Camara (Wigan), Hameur Bouazza (Watford), Joey Barton (Man City), Jermaine Jenas (Tottenham), Kevin Davies (Bolton), Morten Gamst Pedersen (Blackburn)

5 Carlos Bocanegra (Fulham), Michael Ballack (Chelsea), El Hadji Diouf (Bolton), Benjani Mwaruwari (Portsmouth), Park Ji-sung (Man Utd), Tim Cahill (Everton)

Incidentally, the following is in the Sun so is DEFINITELY NOT TRUE:

Meanwhile, Rovers boss Mark Hughes says he is not interested in using Morten Gamst Pedersen as bait to re-sign striker Craig Bellamy from Liverpool.

He said: “I won’t be letting Morten go, that’s for sure. He is not going anywhere.”

Edited by philipl

:rover: I think if he stays for a while he can become a legend at Rovers. He had a small blip this season but got back on track in the best way possible; scoring a brilliant winner against Arsenal. That shows his quality, it was not a fluke but pure genius instead. I'm a massive fan of McCarthy and hope he finishes his career with Blackburn.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.