BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

Surprised to read some of the vitriol on this thread toward McCarthy. He played well for you, scored some important goals and helped to maintain your Prem Status. Now he wants to move for what he sees as a better opportunity, why would you begrudge him the chance to advance his career with a bigger club during the last few years he has playing football professionally?

Give up longsider, you're struggling to understand the strength of Blackburn Rovers. :tu:

Just watch and learn!

Comment from that story

I'm not surprised Karren Brady proposed changing the name of her new club to West Ham Olympic last week.

She christened Blackburn 'Welshpool Rovers' when I left Birmingham for there in 2005, inferring that I'd only moved because I wanted to be alongside countrymen like Mark Hughes and Mark Bowen.

Wrong. Maybe I just wanted to work for a chief executive who didn't have daft ideas

Sullivan has just been on SSN saying that the Bennie deal is 99.9% going to happen by Monday and they are going to sign a Brazilian as well, you have got love how West Ham do buisness, live on sky tv, he goes on to say at the end that they need to change the whole side oh no I mean just a few players! What a winner!

Sullivan has just been on SSN saying that the Bennie deal is 99.9% going to happen by Monday and they are going to sign a Brazilian as well, you have got love how West Ham do buisness, live on sky tv, he goes on to say at the end that they need to change the whole side oh no I mean just a few players! What a winner!

First game for Bennie will be against the Dingles at the Turd.I wonder what sort of a welcome will he get from our neighbours. :D

No there are two people to blame- Benni AND Sam.

Sam waged a war on Benni over the last two months to make sure he left.

It seems that he had written him off some time ago and needed him out and money in to bring new faces in.

Q. Do you think he'd still be here if Mark Hughes had stayed? He was being troublesome then and Hughes and his team had a very professional attitude regarding training and fitness.

Sam on Benni from here

While Allardyce may have been less than impressed by the way the veteran South African missed training in an effort to force through the move, the Rovers boss feels he can still do a job in the Premier League. "He is a hugely talented player that can play well and play his best football in the final third," said Allardyce.

"However, Benni is not getting any younger so when you're not getting any younger the legs are not quite as good, but the talent is still there. If you can get other players around him to do the work load then he will use the talents to get you chances and score you goals. I think based, on his career, he will be really, really good when he comes to the club because he generally is the best he is when he first goes to any new club.

Edited by John

"This is a great club. The reason why I am happy that it has finally happened is because about five years ago I had a disappointing experience when I thought I was going to be a West Ham player until Porto pulled out and I had to go back.

"I would have loved this to be my first Premier League club, I went to Blackburn instead but West Ham kept on pursuing me and eventually I am here."

http://www.whufc.com/articles/20100201/mccarthy-a-happy-hammer_2236884_1951301

Good riddance Benni!

First game for Bennie will be against the Dingles at the Turd.I wonder what sort of a welcome will he get from our neighbours. :D

Maybe shake a few hands knowing they will be playing each other next season in the championship. Unless the creditors come in first.

I liked Benni despite his problems. However the way he's handled this combined with today's statement has made me think differently.

One season wonder. Glad he's gone, but on the other hand it looks like we aren't going to replace him. So we've been short-changed... Again.

From a hammer on the bbc site:-

I think McCarthy will be good for us. He scores goals. He steams in not affraid to go in for a 50/50 tackle.

I really dont think this guy has watched him play. :D

I think he's got him mixed up with Mick McCarthy. Well about the steaming in bit anyway :D

Edited by booth

Sorry if it has been already mentioned but on the official West Ham FC site, Benni says this:

McCarthy, his country's all-time leading goalscorer with 32 goals in 77 internationals, was thrilled to finally sign on at the Boleyn Ground. He said: "I am very pleased and extremely happy.

"This is a great club. The reason why I am happy that it has finally happened is because about five years ago I had a disappointing experience when I thought I was going to be a West Ham player until Porto pulled out and I had to go back.

"I would have loved this to be my first Premier League club, I went to Blackburn instead but West Ham kept on pursuing me and eventually I am here."

http://www.whufc.com/articles/20100201/mccarthy-a-happy-hammer_2236884_1951301

Edited by bennyboyt11

Overweight/unfit/lazy/frustrating whatever. He was an entertainer and I'll miss watching him. Like Tugay he stood apart from the rest and proved a diversion for us from the ordinary and the mundane. Giving us the opportunity to see such worldwide talent at Ewood Park is a privelige and lasting legacy of the Walker years.

But it was time for him to go and so thats that.

• Like 3

Overweight/unfit/lazy/frustrating whatever. He was an entertainer and I'll miss watching him. Like Tugay he stood apart from the rest and proved a diversion for us from the ordinary and the mundane. Giving us the opportunity to see such worldwide talent at Ewood Park is a privelige and lasting legacy of the Walker years.

But it was time for him to go and so thats that.

For once, I agree entirely Gord.

Just been past McDonalds at Ewood and the lights were almost completely out.

I could just make out the silhouette of the manager sat at one of the tables with his head in his hands.

sad-man-silhouette.jpg

It's gonna be tough from now on. Poor guy. :unsure:

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.