BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

Spurs would be foolish to sell Berbatov, even for £40m. The Champions League money is worth much more than that and Berbatov is good enough to carry them there - he's truly special.

When I've seen Berbatov he has impressed me a lot but then I came accross this stat on another forum. Here are the teams he has scored across in the league this year...

Sheffield United.

2 against Wigan.

2 against Boro.

3 against Charlton.

2 against Fulham.

Newcastle

West Ham

None of these are in the top 10! He's also contributed a lot of assists too to be fair but it looks as though he could be a big game bottler?! I hate to go on about media bias, etc. but it's ridiculous all the hype about him (given the stats above) when our no 10 doesnt get a look in.

but it's ridiculous all the hype about him (given the stats above) when our no 10 doesnt get a look in.

Ring MU and tell em that 39 mill will seal a bid for Benny! We could have Bellamy, Saha and a white elephant next to the River Darwen in one fell swoop!

Spurs would be foolish to sell Berbatov, even for £40m. The Champions League money is worth much more than that and Berbatov is good enough to carry them there - he's truly special.

You'r kidding are'nt you?

1. Champions league money is not worth more than that.

2. They've had him all season and not made the CL so what makes you think that they will break the cartell next season?

3. And anyway what say have Spurs got in all this? There is prob a sell clause over 15 mill or so and anyway if Berbatov wants to go then Berbatov will go! Simple as, we've seen suchlike time and again since Bosman.

Berbatov is simply too good a player to waste away at Spurs only aiming for Europe and Champs league every season, if he has any amibition he'll join united in the summer, plus Jol would more than likely waste that cash he gets anyway. He's looked as impressive as Henry was at his peak in the premiership. As we see Spurs as one of our rivals for Europe, It certainly will help Rovers European aspirations if United get Berbatov!, because without him this season Spurs would be in the bottom half of the table.

He has 9 Assists in the Premiership btw.

Hold head in hands and weep.

What? Hes a great finisher like Benni, and has more pace. Hes done well in a awful side this season, scoring 12 goals. At least he can control a ball and is a good finisher unlike Roberts.

Berbatov is simply too good a player to waste away at Spurs only aiming for Europe and Champs league every season, if he has any amibition he'll join united in the summer, plus Jol would more than likely waste that cash he gets anyway. He's looked as impressive as Henry was at his peak in the premiership. As we see Spurs as one of our rivals for Europe, It certainly will help Rovers European aspirations if United get Berbatov!, because without him this season Spurs would be in the bottom half of the table.

Comparing him to Henry in his prime (who at the time was probably the best player in the world) is far, far over the top. People are being drawn in by the media a lot with Berbatov, he's been good, but not that special.

Edited by Eddie

no disrespect you as a person - but saying something like that is not right. Henry is on a different level - a true legend. He shouldnt be compared to one good season (a good season for Berbatov aparantly is equal to a mediocre or bad Henry season if you compare stats btw)

ah well - back to Benni. Lovely player in my book. And never mind the alleged lazyness. He is doing what it is all about - scoring goals!

Benni is a lazy sod, but can put away enough goals to forgive him. With an energetic, stong and quick strike partner, like Roberts perhaps, we can get the best out of him.

As for Berbatov, he has only been bigged up because he plays for Spuds, a media favourite.

I've been blessed, admits McCarthy

Benni bigging up his team mates.

I think he is a brilliant character and we need him to stay this club.

Although after what happened with Bellamy I am almost half expecting him to leave

I love Benni's positivity, its great to hear someone willing to come out and lift the spirits. I would take it with a pinch of salt though, he has clearly stated that he would like to play for one of the big four if they are interested, and there's no reason why he shouldn't either being an ambitious individual.

What we have to hope for is that no one comes in with a serious offer for him and that he recognises that if he did go he would become a bench player.

Get a grip, he was only disagreeing with you. No need to be abusive.

He's been banned more times than he's had a wash. Obviously Axesfirsttouch/WakefieldRawks cant take people disagreeing with him.

Hopefully the final word on the Benni "Is there/isn't there a clause?" debate.

Sparky (in today's LT)

"Benni's not going to be sold and there's no clauses in his contract."

"There will always be people checking (if he's available) but he's not available. Full stop."

You'r kidding aren't you?

1. Champions league money is not worth more than that.

2. They've had him all season and not made the CL so what makes you think that they will break the cartell next season?

3. And anyway what say have Spurs got in all this? There is prob a sell clause over 15 mill or so and anyway if Berbatov wants to go then Berbatov will go! Simple as, we've seen suchlike time and again since Bosman.

It's his first season in the Premiership; most foreign players struggle in their Premier League debuts. He's only going to get better, and he's hardly been shoddy this year.

Champions League money is worth £10m a year - so they're getting an initial investment, but losing out on the potential gravy train for the forseeable future. It'd be a mistake to do that.

I have no idea about any clauses. I didn't draw up his contract.

we're going to lose him and the Axe (possibly Samba as well) when the African nations kicks off next january

For some reason I get the impression McCarthy aint too fussed about his International career and may pull out to play club football.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.