BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

in this case its dowm to the club, if the player leaves, everyone has there price and no doublt MH has a price for him, however its down to blackburn rovers this time, so MH will do want is best for the club, and to date he has done a very very good job, so relax fellow members have a great summer and leave it in MH hands

I just hope we can screw a damn good price out of team X for Benni. Then we might have a chance of a decent replacement, maybe two. drop the interest in Nonda, and bring in 1 quality signing like Benni or Bellamy, and one player from the lower leagues.

These are from two-three different interviews. After the first interview hit the press Skysports news also did a short interview with him which I saw and he more or less said exactly the same things. And now there appears to be a latest one from the Nuts Awards.

I too like John think that Hughes will be angered that he attempted to put to bed the interview only for Benni to then come out and say the same things a couple of days later.

Edited by Somerset Rover!

Gutted with what i have read about what Benni has been saying - however our club is bigger than any 1 player!

So lets move onwards and upwards! He will learn - just like Bellamy, he should listen to Savage!

IF he goes then the absolute minimum has to be £10 million.

And to think some people on here have criticised me for having the temerity to say that I did not like Benni's attitude, not his playing form or ability, just his attitude. I have always suspected his attitude right from day one when I saw his first interview, and I have been proved right. Believe me people, I have seen it all before so many times; the symptons are easily recognisable when you know what to look for.

Having said that; I take no pleasure at all in this situation. It makes me both very angry and very sad to see our beloved Rovers once again being treated with such utter contempt by an overpaid and ungrateful footballer with a huge ego. I have already said in earlier posts some time ago what I believe Rovers and MH should do about it, and I am gratified to read now that MH has taken a very similar approach to the situation that I would have done in his position.

Not suprised, have to say.

Having said that Sparky holds more of the cards this time and I trust him to do the best for Rovers. He won't sell unless its in Rovers interest. He didn't bend in the Lucas Neil saga and I'm sure he won't with Benni even if he throws a strop. If he refuses to play then he simply tarnishes his own reputation.

He will probably end up else where if thats his want, but don't expect Sparky to order you a Taxi Mr McCarthy !

And to think some people on here have criticised me for having the temerity to say that I did not like Benni's attitude, not his playing form or ability, just his attitude. I have always suspected his attitude right from day one when I saw his first interview, and I have been proved right. Believe me people, I have seen it all before so many times; the symptons are easily recognisable when you know what to look for.

I'd say that it was just a lucky shot on your behalf. His interviews have been very standard, "I'm happy to be here in the PL, I like the club, I want the club to do well" etc, he has also highlighted that he's been getting very well on with the likes of Roberts. He has been professional in his way of thinking "Rovers will decide my fate". Not a foul word has come from his mouth, until this weeks antics which are a tad disrespectful.

How you could've come up with this from the get-go I'm sorry to say I have a hard time believing. This new Benni is something entirely different from before, and though I think most of us aren't really shell shocked that he wants to play Champions League footy, the new comments made by him are surprising. They are extremely surprising if you look at what he said in that interview in The Citizen I believe, only days before The Sun story came. I agree that this type of thing has occurred time and time again, but no one could've predicted this before it happened and have the right arguments for saying so. All I'm saying is that this is not science.

However, if you have some insider knowledge on the subject I'll kiss your feet for as long as you please :).

Edited by HairwayToSteven

If he wants to play in the champions league and no longer wants to play for Rovers, let him go. We dont want players here whos hearts really arent here anymore and they have one eye on the top four big clubs. So be it. Its happened before, it'll happen again. No one player is bigger than Rovers.

Speaking of Big clubs, does anyone think Birmingham will come in for him now? :ph34r:

I have it on very good authority that Chelsea have approached Rovers to ask about McCarthy's availability. There will be a board meeting early next week to discuss the situation. Deja vu?

It'll be a big blow losing Benni, and getting Bellars back is not excactly in the bank either. From a Rovers marketing view we'd lose a STAR. To get a top striker will be very difficult to say the least, we'll be competing for scraps (Viduka-style), as we've done for a long time. Also now there will be a lot more clubs competing for those scraps - and they'll be willing to dosh out far more than us, in terms of both transfer money and wages. We could have 10 million for him, but in the end, the players that are of McCarthy's quality costs more than that (look at Berbatov), and would not come to Rovers if their lives depended on it. We'd also lose a major selling point for Sparky in trying to persuade suitable targets to come to our beloved club. We don't have the crowd, we don't have the lights of London, Manchester or Birmingham and we don't have mega $$$.

Losing Benni would mean we look ambitionless and how Sparky would fume, losing arguably his most prized asset for the second season running. He'll soon be touting himself for bigger and better things if this continues much longer. There is no point of staying with us if he keeps losing his best players. He's spent countless hours to bring them to the club - then again spent countless more making their careers blossom - then countless more constantly fending off other clubs - only to lose them. Another point is that Sparky has said that Benni isn't going anywhere, and if the board lets Benni go, Hughes will not be a happy camper.

I'd probably make Benni stay, as it is the only sensible thing for a club that wants to grow, I believe he is instrumental in making us grow further. He is under contract, and he should honour that. It is also worth a thought to say no to bullies. IMHO, mind you :).

I have it on very good authority that Chelsea have approached Rovers to ask about McCarthy's availability. There will be a board meeting early next week to discuss the situation. Deja vu?

As Chelski's going rate for 30 year old players seems to be 30m (Shevcenko) and Benni has 3 years left on his contract I would advise them he is NOT available unless they are prepared tostump up said sum of 30m.

Over to you Roman.

''The striker cheekily says he has repaid his £2.5million transfer fee to Rovers by scoring 24 goals and that they should let him go.''

Nice to see the rags can see why many Rovers fans are angry.....makes a change <_<

Hah! That's right, they changed it. It's the same story.

Cheeky Benni Told: You Are Going Nowhere

The Mirror 07:34 18-May-07

Benni Going Nowhere

The Mirror 08:03 18-May-07

it's not just his goals that help the team, he sets up an awful lot of scoring opportunites for other players as well

According to the Actim stats Benni had ONE assist this season. What he does do is pass well in the box to others who provide the assist (like the back heels against Charlton). He's as cheeky on the field as off.

Everyone has rights in this situation.

Benni has the right to spout

Rovers have the right to talk about Benni being more valuable than another player (Berbatov) widely valued at £30m (Hughes has already said it)

And Chelsea have the right to hand over the dosh.

However, as West Ham have taught us, he who holds the player's registration can do what he wants...

I have noticed in the past that some of the less glamorous clubs in Europe have had storming seasons after having a couple of close seasons when they have seemingly sold their best players and lost the chance of advancement.

It would be interesting to see the odds on Benni staying/going at the moment.

Were exactly do we go from here, even if we were to sign Bellamy back it doesnt seem like a step forward, but at the same team, trying to keep hold of Benni against his will could be a disaster.

Its blatantly obvious that he's about to sign for Chelsea who will use him once a month against the 'lesser' clubs, and he'll fall back into the world of premiership mercenaries. Just what is the point of following a team in todays premiership.

I would prefer McCarthy to stay and be partnered with Bellamy but in the end I fear its ultimately up to the player,contract or no contract.I'll say it again and loud,.....if Chelsea or anyone else wants our top players and Mark Hughes is unable to persuade them to stay at Ewood they better be prepared to pay TOP MONEY or bugger off.

The ridiculous quotes of 6 million for the Prems 2nd highest goalscorer quite frankly make my f'kin blood boil!!! :angry:

Rovers have the right to talk about Benni being more valuable than another player (Berbatov) widely valued at £30m (Hughes has already said it)

Why would Benni be worth more than a better player in Berbatov?

We are in a strong position due to Benni's goals but, unlike Berbatov, I can't see all the top clubs wanting him. A bidding war is that is needed to wring out more cash for him.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

As for holding Benni to his contract, Is it really a good idea to force a player who, at the best of times can look disinterested, to play wherehe does not want to? I mean if his effort looks poor now image what it might be like.

Lot of fuss about nothing on here. The players are just hired guns who move around regularly for more lucre. Why do we keep getting so emotional? Has everyone forgot that by rights we should really be commenting on the impending departure of Gudjonnsen or Mido as Benny was only 3rd choice to replace Bellamy! :rover:

Make a good few million out of him and replace him with someone who will score as many next season and who we can make even more money out of next summer. Only rem to cut the management in on the rewards too! :tu: It might not be what we really want but it certainly does represent superb business acumen!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.