BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

Berg and May didn't do too badly either.

David May of course is most famous for making a complete fool of himself by shoving himself into the centre of the celebrations of the 1999 Champions League victory despite barely having featured that year. May, an unused sub in the final, threw off his tracksuit at the final whistle and acted as if he had scored a hat-trick.

Talk about blagging it!

eurochamps.jpg

maycelebrates.jpg

Nyargghghgh - when did May go to Burnley? It must have been whilst I was at Uni, I lost touch a bit with all things not directly related to rovers at that time - I was in deepest darkest devon after all :ph34r:

Given that, I consider myself well and truly corrected on this one.

EDIT: It was actually later than that (2003-4) - must just have forgotten it.

Edited by sussexrover

Sorry to depress everyone but I take the noise coming out of Chelsea as very bad news indeed.

Chelsea are saying:

1) we want McCarthy (they haven't done before)

2) we are openly inviting Benni to be a rebel at Rovers so

3) we can get away with paying sub £10m if we are lucky.

Sorry to depress everyone but I take the noise coming out of Chelsea as very bad news indeed.

Chelsea are saying:

B.M. may or may not throw a strop, he may or may not be here next season, but I would expect Sparky and the Rovers board to play hard ball on this one. We hold more of the aces wth this hand.

This one could get tedious!

:rover: APPARENTLEY our beny offside macarthy has been swinging the lead at brockhall,saying he is unfit all week and then the day before the match declaring himself fit <_< sparky's called his bluff,and thanks for a great season,but 10million and toddle off to chelski :brfc:

:rover: thought i dreamt this :brfc:

Purely speculation I know..But IF "swinging the lead" benni does go to Chelski..could there be a case of "tapping up?". Chelsea points deducted..(suspended from Cashley Cole affair?).Bringing down the whole Russian oligarchy!

Well we can dream!

Purely speculation I know..But IF "swinging the lead" benni does go to Chelski..could there be a case of "tapping up?". Chelsea points deducted..(suspended from Cashley Cole affair?).Bringing down the whole Russian oligarchy!

I don't think Benni telling the world and his dog that he would walk to Chelsea if he had to really counts as them "tapping up"! :lol:

I don't think Benni telling the world and his dog that he would walk to Chelsea if he had to really counts as them "tapping up"! :lol:

I would be suprised if Mourinho or whoever hasn't been speaking to McCarthy. But then we are just as guilty of that as anyone else. The Tapping up rule is completely daft.

I would be suprised if Mourinho or whoever hasn't been speaking to McCarthy.

How dare they!

One man speaking to another...what is the world coming to? :blink:

Not only are the supposed laws against "tapping up" utterly pathetic but it would be thrown out of court if anyone could be bothered to take it so far.

Another club speaks to a player...big deal.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

Chelsea are saying:

Where you getting this from?

I can only see a downward spiral for Chelsea, nobody can dispute Benni has had a great season, but somebody who can propel you to the league title he is certainely not. Along with signing free transfers from Reading whilst Man United get hold of Owen Hargreaves, i can't help thinking the dominance of English football will swing back up North once again.

On another note, i think its time Benni left, after all he's said and the rumours coming out recently I can't see any reason to prevent him leaving, hopefully we can replace him with Bellamy AND Beattie, which would leave us in fantastic shape.

I also have a feeling that this coming year may well be Gallaghers chance to shine, although we've heard it every year for the past 3 or 4 seasons, its clear that he has an abudance of talent in a similiar way to Bentley when he first joined, and as he matures I'm sure Hughesy can begin to get the best out of him, hence the new contract.

Cheers Benni, and goodbye

Sidwell, the free transfer from Reading, happens to be a terrific player. Wish we were signing him.

Can't argue with Bellamy being a good replacement for Benni but Beattie???

If he does leave then I'm sure that Hughes will find an adequate replacement

I agree. I'd rather Hughes had got Sidwell on a free than Hargreaves for the price the Mancs have paid.

Anyway its a strange one imo. Where is Hargreaves going to play and will they be able to play him and Carrick in the same team? I certainly dont think 4-4-2 will suit and the Manc fans hate anything else.

but Beattie???

If he does leave then I'm sure that Hughes will find an adequate replacement

Agree UN - Beattie to me has lost it.

I think Rob Hulse is worth looking at if he can prove his fitness - showed enough last season prior to his injury IMO that he could be a useful, especially to us.

I think we should look at the following:

Kevin Doyle from Reading

Craig Bellamy from Liverpool

Harry Kewell from Liverpool

If Benni goes I think we should possibly look at bringing in Mido and a young star.

Um, Reading finished above us in the league, have similar supportand doyle is their star striker. Dream on!

Bellamy and kewell are worth a look though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.