BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

Having said all that I don't want to sound over critical . Like USA Blue said , the interview seemed postive as a whole . Maybe he'd agree with me that there's room for improvement .

I would say that is the actual gist of the interview, putting in more effort all round which is heartening to see. While I agree to with Yoyo to an extent - there is no point in Benni running around like a headless chicken - if he did work on his pressure game and get more involved in the defensive side of things it will only be to his advantage as a player. He will force more errors and unsettle the defenders which will only help his scoring rate and his value to the team.

After the draw at the Emirates and the excellent result at the weekend Benni will realise his starting position is under threat. Nonda is on form, Derbyshire is always good value because he runs the channels, and Roberts will be desperate to show what he can do. McCarthy will know that his stock is threatening to drop from being lauded as one of the best imports of the season to being a bench player.

As an aside, Benni has to give the best interview out of any footballer I have seen in ages. Always positive about everything. Savage is very good too. Helps the fans take to them.

What we need is someone who can pull defenders out of position to work along side McCarthy and for that we need a pacy striker. Bellamy would have been perfect. If you're a defender who the hell do you pick up!! :blink:

This is what Derbs does I would say. No Bellamy for sure, but then how many players of his calibre are there around? If we can get one in then great, but otherwise I think Derbyshire can do this for us.

I suppose a bid for Camara might be a good idea if Wigan go down.

Guest shoppybrfc

Cmon does anyone seriously think we wont recieve bids for McCarthy in the summer? we all know what happens when the big clubs start bidding for our players, its bye bye. Its going to be a very nervy summer transfer window.

Edited by shoppybrfc

if he does go, and we havent stuck a ludicrous get out clause in his contract, we should get quite a lot for him. Me I think people will sniff round with more interest next Jan after seeing whether hes a Marcus Stuart or a Van Nistleroy

I'm not sure if we'll recieve bids for him. United probably wouldn't, doesn't suite their style of play anyway. Chelsea might because of his links with Mourinho, but then again he probably isn't a big enough name, they could do better as money is no problem and again I'm not sure if he fits into how they play. Liverpool won't, they'll have money and they'll go for someone Spanish, they have probably also had enough of transfer dealings with us. That only leaves Arsenal and to be quite honest they don't need him and he doesn't have the pace required to really fit into their system. Any team apart from them would love to have him, but I'm not sure why he would leave us to go to anyone but the top 4 (or if they could afford him if he doesn't have a clause in his contract).

:rover: APPARENTLEY our beny offside macarthy has been swinging the lead at brockhall,saying he is unfit all week and then the day before the match declaring himself fit <_< sparky's called his bluff,and thanks for a great season,but 10million and toddle off to chelski :brfc:

:rover: APPARENTLEY our beny offside macarthy has been swinging the lead at brockhall,saying he is unfit all week and then the day before the match declaring himself fit <_< sparky's called his bluff,and thanks for a great season,but 10million and toddle off to chelski :brfc:

hope we don't sell him, he's a class player and i think him Matty up front next season will be a great partnership.

I think he needed the rest he got and from now on to the end of the season i think we will get the best out of him

Didn't Sutton finish joint top scorer with Dublin and someone else one season? 1996/97 if my memory serves me right - when it was him and Gallagher up front. Technically the GAS days rather than SAS.

Cheez, how short is my memory? I watched him score a hattrick at Villa Park that season, too!

Simon :brfc:

Didn't Sutton finish joint top scorer with Dublin and someone else one season? 1996/97 if my memory serves me right - when it was him and Gallagher up front. Technically the GAS days rather than SAS.

97-98 season, Sutton, Owen and Dublin all finished joint top prem goal scorers. Surpprisingly enough, guess who was the only 1 of the 3 not drafted into the England squad....

Cheez, how short is my memory? I watched him score a hattrick at Villa Park that season, too!

Simon :brfc:

In fairness to youSimon - that is 10 years ago now. Can't think of any other Rovers players that have been in the Premiership top scorers list at this stage of the season since.

I'm glad to see we finally have someone who can finish a spot kick.

Just one little problem; now he's gone and told the whole world that that's were he usually puts them. All Prem keepers get your notebooks out!

To think that in the summer there were many people on here (myself included!!) who wanted to sign that big pile of poo Mido over this guy.....thank heavens we arent managers!! A very lucky escape for us there!!

I don't know about that, I am sure Sparky could have got Mido playing too (although probably not quite as well as McCarthy). In fact if he is available in the summer I would have a look. Him and Benni could be a very good combination!

No complaints at all if we shipped out Nonda and Jeffers and got in Mido.

Just one little problem; now he's gone and told the whole world that that's were he usually puts them. All Prem keepers get your notebooks out!

You are correct. However, Benni strikes me as a clever lad. Hopefully he can work it out.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.