BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

Oh good lord, I didn't say there was anything contractual (at least not between Rovers & Bet24 regarding MGP's contract status - There may be something contractual between MGP & Bet24, but whether or not it would have anything to do with where he plays or if such things are legal...........?). But anyone who doesn't seriously believe that MGP's presence on our roster had "a bit to do" with Bet24 deciding to come here in the first place or RoversTV going on the air in Scandinavia doesn't know how to put 2&2 together. Bet24 would be highly agitated by a sale. Whether their input would sway things in such a scenario I will leave for this board's conjecturing.

Talk amongst yourselves.

This is getting really annoying. Fair enough, McCarthy has ambition, but it is very much blind ambition - he will be warming the bench all season and he is an absolute fool if he thinks he will be a regular. Look at how little Kalou has played since he joined.

Why give up regular first team football at a team playing in the Eufa Cup where you are loved by the fans and are banging in the goals, for what could be a few games in the Champions League.

I'm not sure how much having MGP had to do with Bet 24 deciding we were worth a look, afterall they are also the sponsors of Leeds and, as far as I am aware at least, they don't have any Scandinavian superstars.

Slightly closer to Benni, but the latest coming out of Stamford bridge is that Abramovich has told Kenyon and Mourinho to run Chelski on operating capital and forget about hand outs from his pockets. This seems to tie-in with Chesh's tale in the £115K a week thread.

So next signing at Chelsea is Pizarro from Bayern via PSV on a free to go along with free Sidwell.

I guess if Chelsea really do sell Lampard, that will be the proof.

So whilst Man U prepare a £40m bid for Berbatov (£27.5m plus Saha), I guess Rovers will not shift on their more than £30m number suggested by Mark Hughes for Benni- the most recent and only public comment the club has made on the matter as far as I can tell.

If Chelsea are to be run on operating capital, then surely the first move must be to get rid of Shevchenko and Ballack? Neither have played particularly well this season and their departure would force Terry and Lampard to reconsider their stance over new contracts. As Ballack arrived on a free transfer, I would be tempted to sell him for £10 to whatever teams come in for him. Likewise with Shevchenko, write off the £30 million hand out of pockets as a loss, get as much money for him from Milan as you can, and reduce the club's expenditure.

I am of course being rather naive though, as neither would give up their huge wages any time soon. It would appear that Chelsea's reckless spending is beginning to catch up with them.

I'm not sure how much having MGP had to do with Bet 24 deciding we were worth a look, afterall they are also the sponsors of Leeds and, as far as I am aware at least, they don't have any Scandinavian superstars.

Deciding to sponsor a lower division side and deciding to sponsor a PL club are 2 completely different things (even if it is Leeds, and don't forget their relationship with Celtic).

Really, how could have it have not played a part in their decision making process?

Let's just say that MGP being sold would be an inconvenience for them.

So therefore, I believe they will say to Rovers (in a voice just a little louder than any of us are individually capable of): "Please don't sell Pedersen!"

I guess Rovers will not shift on their more than £30m number suggested by Mark Hughes for Benni......

Which is, based on the numbers spent for other players in the last few years and the numbers being thrown around for others now, exactly what we should be getting for him if we decide to sell. But let's hope not.

It would appear that Chelsea's reckless spending is beginning to catch up with them.

No. It's just that the owner who's been giving them all that free money might be becoming bored and/or frustrated by the lack of a European Cup. They're not in danger of doing a Leeds.

Let's just say that MGP being sold would be an inconvenience for them.

So therefore, I believe they will say to Rovers (in a voice just a little louder than any of us are individually capable of): "Please don't sell Pedersen!"

The sponsorship with Bet 24 will be worth a small fraction of a.) Pedersen's transfer value, and b.) Pedersen's value as a player on the field. There is absolutely no way the sponsorship deal with have any bearing on Rovers' decision should a bid for Pedersen come in.

Edited by LeChuck

I disagree. I also think that Mort's happy here and that it will take one hell of a bid for Sparky to consider it. Player power doesn't mean that much when there are multiple years left on a contract, no release clauses, and the guy you're trying to extract the player from is Mark Hughes.

I stand by my story.

MGP & Benni will be in Blackburn Rovers Kits on September 1 or we will be £40m richer, one or the other.

MGP & Benni will be in Blackburn Rovers Kits on September 1 or we will be £40m richer, one or the other.

I hope they stay because I don't think we would get 40 million for the two even if we should.

Comment left on tribalfootball.com about McCarthy going AWOL...

"1. Greg Tucker (South Africa) Posted on 28/05/2007

as a South African i cannot STAND this guy, he is an arrogant w***er, he is also showing Blackburn that he has no loyalties other than to himself. he thinks he is bigger than the game, i hope someone breaks both his legs this season, show him some humility. he disgusts me!! seems like he and mikel are cut from the same cloth! benni, you are not welcome here."

Edited by Esulx

to be fair to Benni and I am one of his biggest critics, as that report states i remember him saying he had already said he would not be playing again until they could sort the arrangement re the club/country debate.

"1. Greg Tucker (South Africa) Posted on 28/05/2007

as a South African i cannot STAND this guy, he is an arrogant w***er, he is also showing Blackburn that he has no loyalties other than to himself. he thinks he is bigger than the game, i hope someone breaks both his legs this season, show him some humility. he disgusts me!! seems like he and mikel are cut from the same cloth! benni, you are not welcome here."

Cor, that's a bit strong! :angry: OK, Benni has strongly hinted that he would like to leave but I truly believe he will think seriously about staying and listen to what Blackburn and Sparky have to say. :rover:

Mccarthy is too full of himself and in my opinion not too much of a team player. yes he has scored goals but the majority were just simple tap ins.

it would have been good of him to have said that he would like to play Cl with Blackburn and if he had got his finger out more a 4th spot would have been realisitic.

So whilst Man U prepare a £40m bid for Berbatov (£27.5m plus Saha), I guess Rovers will not shift on their more than £30m number suggested by Mark Hughes for Benni- the most recent and only public comment the club has made on the matter as far as I can tell.

An offer remotely approaching the sum of £30m for someone who has made it perfectly clear he would like to move to a bigger club would be snatched up immediately . It would be daft not to .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.