BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

I have been contacted by a corporate club sponsor who tells me benni has agreed to join chelsea on a 3 year contract at 80k per week............fee in the region of 7 million.............hope its wrong but the source is someone I have always found honest and trustworthy. :(

I have been contacted by a corporate club sponsor who tells me benni has agreed to join chelsea on a 3 year contract at 80k per week............fee in the region of 7 million.............hope its wrong but the source is someone I have always found honest and trustworthy. :(

Have Rovers agreed?

I'm not certain how your source could be privy to such info but if there is any truth in that whatsoever, 7m is an absolute joke for someone who registered 24 goals last time out. :angry:

Given that Moan-a-rihno is looking for cover for the players he will loose during the ANC, I find it hard to believe he wiould be allowed to splash out on a striker who will be playing in the ANC. From what I gather from his interviews he will not have the same sort of spending power as in previous transfer windows due to Abramovitch loosing interest in his little West London toy. Anyway, havent they just agreed to buy some Peruvian striker who they are reportedly paying £50k a week to ?

Accyrover

The name of his source: The Honorable Mr. Bull Turd

How on earth would a sponsor have access to that kind of information?

Yes indeed..and is this "mole" the same one who you said knew that we would play Fulham in the opening game of the season?

You don't expect us to believe this without proper evidence do you? :huh:

Im trying to imagine the conversation

"Hi, Im a corporate sponsor and Id like to renew my contract for next season, here is £25k"

"Well, Benni has just left, for £7m, and on £80k per week to Chelsea - buit do us a favour and keep it to yourself"

*click*

Ignore the editorialising and read what Berbatov has actually said.

Am I being paranoid or has Berbatov come straight out with at least as overt a paeon of praise for Man U and statement about wanting to play for them than Benni has said about Chelsea?

Of course Sky put all the spin on the few nice words he says about Spuds whereas the reporting of Benni's ramble was 100% about wanting out of Rovers.

So Bung the Agent, Spurs are part of the Big 5? They are in the same bowl of soup as the Rovers.

• 2 weeks later...

Based on how much we paid for him Benni should be first in anybody's list

Some professor has created a subjective formula that has ,in his estimation,determined Benni to be the 2nd most valuable transfer from last season(Berbatov was first).In his words,"Blackburn's Benni McCarthy was worth £10million to his club ".I wonder if we had made the FACup final if he would have been ranked first?

How come Berbatov's contribution includes all his cup appearances and goals, while McCarthy's only seems to include his Premiership stats? Surely this would have affected the outcome? Or maybe the lazy professor realised his study would get more attention if a player like Berbatov form a "big" club came out on top, rather than McCarthy, who at the quarter of the transfer value of Berbatov, was pound for pound, a far better signing. The figures have been totally manipulated.

Talk about Lies, Damn Lies and statistics...

How come Berbatov's contribution includes all his cup appearances and goals, while McCarthy's only seems to include his Premiership stats? Surely this would have affected the outcome? Or maybe the lazy professor realised his study would get more attention if a player like Berbatov form a "big" club came out on top, rather than McCarthy, who at the quarter of the transfer value of Berbatov, was pound for pound, a far better signing. The figures have been totally manipulated.

Talk about Lies, Damn Lies and statistics...

They ALWAYS favour the "big" teams.

Had to correct someone on their assumptions Berbatov was better then Benni.

Is there a link to the full table?

The full table is here along with various slagging in comment section

THE PROFESSOR’S ‘TOP 10 BUYS’

1 Dimitar Berbatov (Spurs, £10.9m)

2 Benni McCarthy (Blackburn, £2.5m)

3 Javier Mascherano (Liverpool)

4 Obafemi Martins (Newcastle, £9m)

5 Michael Ballack (Chelsea, free)

6 Idan Tal (Bolton, free)

7 Carlos Tevez (West Ham)

8 Andreas Isaksson (Man City, £2m)

9 Tomas Rosicky (Arsenal, £6.8m)

10 Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool, £9m

They did a similar thing on FSC here a while back, best buys of the season and all the drooling was over Berbatov and Martins, someone mentioned Benni and the response was "mmm yeah he's done OK, not bad" Surely when one is considering best buys one should include the price paid, this for me makes Benni far and away the best buy. OK we know his traits that we don't like but he stuck the goals away and that is what strikers are paid for.

Its a load of nonsense that table.

What did Ballack/Martins/Isacson/Rosicky/Mascherano do to be included??

Surely someone like Carrick should be included - I know he cost MU a lot of money but they did win the league.

He is amazingly 40/1 with a couple of bookmakers to finish top goalscorer next season (Viduka has better odds).

That's crazy! :angry: They must be thinking his first season was beginners' luck! :huh:

It definately wasn't! :angry:

The full table is here along with various slagging in comment section

THE PROFESSOR’S ‘TOP 10 BUYS’

1 Dimitar Berbatov (Spurs, £10.9m)

2 Benni McCarthy (Blackburn, £2.5m)

3 Javier Mascherano (Liverpool)

4 Obafemi Martins (Newcastle, £9m)

5 Michael Ballack (Chelsea, free)

6 Idan Tal (Bolton, free)

7 Carlos Tevez (West Ham)

8 Andreas Isaksson (Man City, £2m)

9 Tomas Rosicky (Arsenal, £6.8m)

10 Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool, £9m

Surely Samba should be in that list.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.