BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

The concept of "buy" is a tricky one in the context of Mascherano.

40/1 odds on Benni being top scorer are very generous. Unlikely to be Henry around to challenge. Rovers midfield will be stronger with injury-returnees so in theory he will get better service. Plus he will have a fully fit Roberts and some transfer record breaking forward alternating as his partner.

And if Man U or Chelsea snaffle him the odds will drop tenfold.

What did Andreas Isaksson do to get in the list?!

Well £2m for a young keeper who's first choice for a rather good national team (Sweden) is a pretty decent deal. And he was quite good once he became the city #1. But yeah, wouldn't have him as a top 10 signing, just pointing out that it's not as if it was a poor signing by any means.

I don't care about Benni.It's good story.

Benni want to go , Jose wants him, They love each other. There's no room for me.

What’s the problem?  Sell him around l.30m. + Moko and Sanba . oh yeah it's clearance sale! !!!!!

YEAH it would be nice for me. diddly!!-diddly!!-diddly!!-dum!!

I am watching the Bent saga- WHam and Charlton agreed £17m so I wonder what he will eventually go to Spuds for.

Relevance is that WHam are bound to be bidding big for Benni. Which should set the benchmark high for the probable Chelski bid when it comes.

For all his mouthiness, Benni doesn't exactly have an effective track record in getting the moves he wants. I would tend to back Sparky too if there is any player reaction from Benni- Benni is not getting any younger and a failure to have a great second season will knock him off the radar of any CL club.

Benni has no loyalty to Rovers; and why should he, he is a journeyman footballer.

Let Benni go, put play for the highest price; in this regard the WHU bid is good news and will help push the price up.

Selling Benni is now an issue of making sure it is good business and getting the best £m's.

Yes Benni is a great player but others will come along and Sparky has a knack of finding them. The sad part is that we will allways be a selling club; unless a rich yank from Lytham St Annes comes along!!!!

Benni has no loyalty to Rovers; and why should he, he is a journeyman footballer.

Let Benni go, put play for the highest price; in this regard the WHU bid is good news and will help push the price up.

Selling Benni is now an issue of making sure it is good business and getting the best £m's.

Yes Benni is a great player but others will come along and Sparky has a knack of finding them. The sad part is that we will allways be a selling club; unless a rich yank from Lytham St Annes comes along!!!!

I think this sums up what I have been thinking too. The fact is Benni wants out leaves us with a player who dosnt give a damm about us. Give us a shed load of money for him (anything above 10m will be ok for me - and I think that the people who demanded 30m are mental)

My only worry after this is that the Zamora/Beattie rumours are true and the fact is nether of them will be a replacement for Benni. Please god tell me this is not the reason he seems to want to keep hold of Jeffers in case we cant replace Benni (People dont seem to want to pay the 1m we ask for him)

Anyway, trust in Hughes and all will be well in the end :brfc:

That's bulls**t. It took us 10 years to find the next Shearer. We are not a "selling club", not this summer anyway. It'll take a combined £40m+ for the two players all the newspapers (+ some agents) want playing somewhere else to be actually playing somewhere else. Benni will be a Rover on Sept. 1.

Whether or not Benni stays or goes -it appears to me that people are forgetting about Matty.

He has already proven he can hack it and score goals, has just had a decent season , got England recognition and will be all the better for it next season.

So if he goes and we get decent money and Roberts stays I'm sure Sparky will have an Ace up his sleeve (which I still think is Bellamy) but may well take a gamble on the likes of Nugent or a.n.other.

Derbyshire may well score a few more goals next season, but he isn't in the same class as Benni and he never will be.

Its still god to know that Derbyshires there if needed,we wouldn't like to loase him to another team.Derbyshires only young, and he can only get better, plus he has that golden touch.

If Benni does jump ship then I'm happy to know that players like Derbyshire are waiting on the sidelines.

I think this sums up what I have been thinking too. The fact is Benni wants out leaves us with a player who dosnt give a damm about us. Give us a shed load of money for him (anything above 10m will be ok for me - and I think that the people who demanded 30m are mental)

there has always been an air of inevitability, regarding benni moving on, so i'm not too upset about it (particularly as bellamy is ringing his old collegues telling them he cant wait to come back! )

every cloud........

Edited by pleasure

there has always been an air of inevitability, regarding benni moving on, so i'm not too upset about it (particularly as bellamy is ringing his old collegues telling them he can wait to come back! )

every cloud........

? :unsure:

there has always been an air of inevitability, regarding benni moving on, so i'm not too upset about it (particularly as bellamy is ringing his old collegues telling them he cant wait to come back! )

every cloud........

All fine and good ringing up his old colleagues but just ring up MH & JW and they'll be able to sort it out.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.