BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

I remember reading that Dugarry had a look at our facilities before opting to sign for AC Milan. Apparantly he was very impressed but the chance for AC Milan was too good to turn down.

I thought Duggary was worried that he was going to be a replacement for Shearer rather than to play with him. I remember speaking to Ronnie Clayton a few years ago and he seemed to think Kenny left because Jack didn't think the squad needed strengthening.

http://archive.theboltonnews.co.uk/1996/5/24/852320.html

Maybe if we had signed Dugarry and ZZ then Shearer might well have stayed for longer. As it was we ended up with George Donis. Whilst not the best of the four by a country mile I think his pace would have been devastating with him supplied and providing for the others.

The press reports suggested that the then French manager Aime Jaquet advised all his squad to play in Seria A rather than the Prem as he believed that Seria A would develop them into better international players. He was probably right too.

I rem after Ray Harford was sacked later that year he was quoted along the lines of 'in the close season I was looking forward to playing Zidane, Dugarry, Shearer and Donis in the same team, but bit didn't happen .......'. Not difficult to sympathise with him was it? Biggest mistake of the Walker years imo.

Edited by thenodrog

Not turned up for training yesterday according to Radio 5.

The bloke is an arrogant idiot

At least we can recoup some wages when we fine him! The guy seems to have no respect for club or country, shame, a real shame.

The bloke is an arrogant idiot

Never mind "Where's Wally!"..Where's Benni?

Phew-back in training already? Poor buggers didn't get much of a holiday did they?

Maybe he lives in Bentley and he's all wet, stopping him from coming out.

if its true and he doesnt have a VERY good excuse........get rid

the times i saw him last season i thought his body language was very negative when things werent goin his way.......

Edited by elwaxo

Do you think this is the "no surprise" exit on Nicko's thread?

Off to Liverpool in p/e for a certain player??

Yes, i think you may be right on this. Thats probably the reason he wasn't at training, he may have been talking to another club.

Maybe he got his dates mixed up. :huh:

I'm sure if i didn't turn up for work they would be very unstanding if i came up with that excuse :P

I can't see how this would do his chances of a transfer any good at all. Surely potential buyers don't want a player who will throw tantrums and not show up for training. That can't be a good influence on the other members of the squad either, maybe it is time we cash in and bring back the bellers! B)

I'm sure if i didn't turn up for work they would be very unstanding if i came up with that excuse :P

I can't see how this would do his chances of a transfer any good at all. Surely potential buyers don't want a player who will throw tantrums and not show up for training. That can't be a good influence on the other members of the squad either, maybe it is time we cash in and bring back the bellers! B)

yeah maybe thats true......he could well be on his way..........

we bought Ooijer though ;)

I can't see how this would do his chances of a transfer any good at all. Surely potential buyers don't want a player who will throw tantrums and not show up for training.

Didn't he do the same at Porto? If he doesn't want to be here - get rid while we can get a decent price for him.

hang on don't get carried away. he scored enough goals last season for us to stand by him.

radio 5 is the worst service around - they often manufacture stories and never get things right.

lets wait for more info. at worst use benni to get bellers back. at best then it's rubbish.

we bought Ooijer though ;)

Slight difference, Ooijer was given permission, then they tried to sell him to someone else and then he dispatched Teddy.

Whereas Benni has just gone straight to the dummy & teddy stage without passing go...?!!

What a berk, the "Right" thing to do is to turn up, train (Like you have to anyway) get paid and then go through the normal process... Sort it out Benni, you just look like a petulant child!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.