BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

I am sure the club will make a comment on this soon enough.

I remember when Barry Ferguson wanted to leave, Hughes did not react very kindly.

Benni’s feet won’t touch the ground if he just refused to turn up.

Strange little non-story this one

Who told the BBC the nonsense then ? and why ?

I know. I'm wondering when they are going to take the story down from their site.

EDIT: They have actually changed it slightly now.

Edited by grizfoot

What a strange situation. A player who reported to training as per normal y'sday and today, has somehow been interpreted by the media as some sort of stike or deliberate no-show! Did they literally just make it up or what? I mean transfer rumors is one thing, this is just stupid!

'Right then boys what shall we go with on the back pages 2moz boys?'

'Torres maybe, Serena at wimbledon?'

'Hows about..... Benni didnt show up at Rovers y'say for training'

'er.. you what boss?'

'Just bloody run it....'

I mean how do these stories come about?! :brfc:

The Rigters deal suddenly makes a lot of sense. I knew that we wouldn't have a forward line consisting of McCarthy, Roberts, Derbyshire, Rigters and another new signing. I wonder if McCarthy spoke to Hughes in the past few days and this forced him into making a move.

In reality, Bellamy is a far better player than McCarthy, but because he didn't set the world alight at Anfield and because he has suffered from injury problems in the past, Liverpool could well be willing to let him go, giving us Bellamy and a big load of cash for McCarthy. Saying that, there has been nothing in teh press to link him with Liverpool and I fully expect Chelsea to make a move soon.

Possible Scenario

Benni turns up for training and told to report to MH's office for a meeting about his behaviour this summer

Rest of squad train as normal

An informer notices Benni not training with the rest of the squad and makes a mistake

Benni is told to go home, think about things and train with the rest of the squad next day (today)

Only a guess but could have resulted in todays mis-reporting

Possible Scenario

Benni turns up for training and told to report to MH's office for a meeting about his behaviour this summer

Rest of squad train as normal

An informer notices Benni not training with the rest of the squad and makes a mistake

Benni is told to go home, think about things and train with the rest of the squad next day (today)

Only a guess but could have resulted in todays mis-reporting

Or scenario 2

Lying journalists with nothing better to report.

Umm...that's it.

why do you have to respond to an article with no proof anyway? :rover:

Rovers felt they needed to for whatever reason. Rumours like that can be damaging to a players value but probably just a bit of free time 5 live had to fill.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.