BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

Rovers felt they needed to for whatever reason. Rumours like that can be damaging to a players value but probably just a bit of free time 5 live had to fill.
There's no problem, he's not going anyway!

"ooh rovers have bought a striker (rigters) and we need something to fill 10 lines..... how about benni storms off?... yeah that'll do!"

Or scenario 2

Lying journalists with nothing better to report.

Umm...that's it.

Or...Jose ' the Mind Game' Mourinho or one of his cronies feeds the lie to a tame BBC journalist. It's on national radio bulletins and the whole story's cooking nicely again.

The beeb have now acknowledged the club's rubbishing of their story, albeit in a backhanded way.

Quite how an outright denial is playing down speculation is beyond me but here's the revised story.

Two and a half lines about Rovers saying he was at training the rest of the article about Benni, his desire to leave and Chelsea/Mourinho, typical.

Peter Kenyon is on Sky Sports News, he says once Chelsea have tied up a deal for Malouda they won't be looking to sign anyone else this summer. So, with them signing Pizarro and Malouda, Liverpool signing Torres, Arsenal signing Da Silva and Man Utd probably signing Tevez, it looks certain we won't be getting any offers for McCarthy from a Champion's League side.

The only slight threat that remains now is West Ham, but they should be easy to fend off in comparison to Chelsea.

Edited by LeChuck

Thats a good point Dean, I saw that interview and didnt even make that connection.

I guess we still have the Spanish club aspect to worry about, but even there I can only imagine Sevilla of their top 4 wanting him. It may be worthwhile monitoring the Kanoute story closely for a couple of weeks.

Peter Kenyon is on Sky Sports News, he says once Chelsea have tied up a deal for Malouda they won't be looking to sign anyone else this summer.

Someone might have posted this already.

Benni in Rovers pledge

We love you Benni! :rover:

Am I being overly cynical (and pessimistic ;) ) or does the timing suggests a possible connection.

Kimi was lucky today though, if Massa never stalled he would've won it, Hamilton was under pressure as you could see. I'm a Hamilton Fan by the way.

I know I should be but I was a Raikonnen fan before Lewis came along so I thought I really should stay with him but I like to see Hamilton do well.

budha, are you a kimi fan because I am and I was really pleased that he won today. :rover:

A bit off topic? :rolleyes:

Not really, I don't follow F1 that much. And due to my malicious nature, I'd rather see him lose so I can rant to his fans ;)

A bit off topic? :rolleyes:

Not really, I don't follow F1 that much. And due to my malicious nature, I'd rather see him lose so I can rant to his fans ;)

Well at least that answers the question! "What the hell are they talking about?" :angry:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.