BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Benni Mccarthy - Gone

If Benni has any doubt about what Sparky is telling him Sparky should sit him down and have Benni read some of the comments on here. I hope Benni responds in kind, a hat trick Thursday would do nicely.

Edited by USABlue

Great article from Gally. Hopefully the boo-boys will take heed and wait for Benni's reaction before getting the knives out.

Every player has drops in form. If that's what this is and Benni responds in a positive way we've a very strong strikeforce.

If not, we've Roque, Roberts, Derbyshire and maybe more to come in January.

I heard the boo's when MGP was subbed against Portsmouth and was disgusted. At least he's putting the effort in. I find Benni frustrating but i'm not gonna start critising him as he is a goal scorer not a work horse, he was exactly the same last season.

Edited by Dingle Basher

2 goals for the 'hero' Benni McCarthy!!

If Benni wants to be a hero,then let him get out there and prove it.Heroes don't sulk,they get on with what they're paid for.

I don't begrudge anybody having off days,but bad attitudes should be left of the field of play.

Come on Rovers.

If Benni, as it seems to read on here, did infact turn in another lacklustre performance then his tenure here could well be a short one. There are only two real responses a player would have to being dropped and publicly named as not up to snuff that a player migh have. 1) Take it as a wake up call and work you socks off. 2)Continue with the ###### poor attitude to show who's really the boss. If number two is Benni's option he has to be gone.

I'll entertain that perhaps, as someone said, Benni's knock on the head has affected him. Sadly I think it's more what's got into Benni's head than what knocked it that is his real problem. Just my opinion you understand.

Edited by USABlue

Spot on USA.

We cant carry you Benny,shape up or Hughes WILL ship you out.

Wow some pretty strong views on the Mac here...I still really rate the guy but understand why people get angry with his apparent lack of effort. Many have said this is due to the kind of player he is.

Just a note tho I remember reading an interview with Henry where he said that as a striker you have to watch the game and sometimes let it pass you by to understand how each defender plays, holds himself and how they read the game. Then with this information you can take full advantage of any attack. I think this maybe true with Benni.

He is a very relaxed player and very nautral on the ball which also gives the impression of laziness.

With regards to Hughes' explanation about Benni not being at the Sunderland game, I think if Benni was any kind of moaning spoilt player he would have come out and made his feelings known. To my knowledge nothing came out of the Benni camp which suggest he was in agreement with Hughes' comments.

Lets see how he gets on I for one think he is a fantastic professional and we are lucky to have in our team.

Supprised that nobody has commented in this section after todays game. I thought he was excellent when he came on, look determined to prove a point, scored, had a coupla of other chances that he fashioned for himself. Worked hard as well, certainly looked to have rediscovered his spark based on today! :brfc:

One piece of skill that left the defender for dead left me realising what lucky bstards we are for Jack Walker being a Rover, and how ungrateful the townsfolk are for not filling the ground. We whinge and whine about the likes of Ped and Benny Mac when in reallity we forget how lucky we in Blackburn are to have top class international footballers at ewood and all for about 2/3rds the price of a ST at Preston or Burnley! How many players have thay that can get you out of your seat?

Great to read that 'drog. Very often those individual instances of flashes of genius live in the memory long after the rest of the game has faded away.

What formation did Rovers play when Benni came on? Was it 1-1 or a conventional 2 up front. Or was it 2-1 with both Benni and Bentley in forward roles just behind Santa?

Not had chance to watch it yet.

One piece of skill that left the defender for dead left me realising what lucky bstards we are for Jack Walker being a Rover, and how ungrateful the townsfolk are for not filling the ground. We whinge and whine about the likes of Ped and Benny Mac when in reallity we forget how lucky we in Blackburn are to have top class international footballers at ewood and all for about 2/3rds the price of a ST at Preston or Burnley! How many players have thay that can get you out of your seat?

Your quite right TNG. The piece of skill that your referring to was fantastic and it did have me off my seat. It's just a pity Rocky couldn't apply the finish to what would have been a sublime goal. I was pleasantly surprised by Benni yesterday as I was beginning to have doubts about his attitute of late. Long may it continue.

Edited by Andy Kennedys Hairdo

On Thursday I wondered why Sparky hadn't recalled McCarthy to the team against Larissa when we needed goals. Surely the point of dropping him was the give him a kick up the arse for when he returned. Witnessing his performance on Sunday made me think maybe Hughes did the right thing in midweek too. Benni probably thought after being left behind for Sunderland that he had served his punishment and would be restored straight away. By leaving him out again in a game which really looked like he would be needed in, Hughes really sent a message. The Benni who played on Sunday had heard that message loud and clear and I think we saw the results. That little turn on the corner was spectacular.

Great to read that 'drog. Very often those individual instances of flashes of genius live in the memory long after the rest of the game has faded away.

Or was it 2-1 with both Benni and Bentley in forward roles just behind Santa?

Not had chance to watch it yet.

That would be the closest and also the one that they are all most comforable with. But as I've said on another thread flexibility is the key.

Agree there, he also responded to the chants for him, which is another thing he wasnt doing previously. Hopefully the lad will nuckle down and get back to his best. If he does, then I can wait!

On Thursday I wondered why Sparky hadn't recalled McCarthy to the team against Larissa when we needed goals. Surely the point of dropping him was the give him a kick up the arse for when he returned. Witnessing his performance on Sunday made me think maybe Hughes did the right thing in midweek too. Benni probably thought after being left behind for Sunderland that he had served his punishment and would be restored straight away. By leaving him out again in a game which really looked like he would be needed in, Hughes really sent a message. The Benni who played on Sunday had heard that message loud and clear and I think we saw the results. That little turn on the corner was spectacular.

thats probly the truest post on here...

my 9 year old said "dad,how did he do that ? some players try and fall on there bums ....im going to try and practise that"

he was so impressed it brought a lump to throat if yopu know what i mean

One piece of skill that left the defender for dead left me realising what lucky bstards we are

Your quite right TNG. The piece of skill that your referring to was fantastic and it did have me off my seat.

my 9 year old said "dad,how did he do that ? some players try and fall on there bums ....im going to try and practise that"

he was so impressed it brought a lump to throat if yopu know what i mean

Great posts which sum up why McCarthy is so important for Rovers. His detractors have gone strangely quiet!

He has something - that extra special bit - and none of our other 5 strikers (inc Gally) have it.

I always supported Nonda because he could do the unexpected when it mattered - Benni can also do that but he has the awesome scoring record and all round game which Nonda didn't have.

Benni's amazing moment of tricks and movement down by the BBE/JW corner flag (right in front of me and clearly many others) = the memory I will take away and keep from yesterdays game. That's what you pay the money and suffer the 11 hour journey home for - pure magic!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.