Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Aston Villa V Rovers

Ricky

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh my.

just chekced the schedule and am really worried. West Ham, Villa, United, Spurs - all games live on tv here, all games we have lost/will most probably lose. I can't remember the last time I got to actually see Rovers win a game...tv is a curse.

My Team would be !

Friedel

Neil-Todd/Henchoz - Andre O - McEvelley

Bentley - Tugs - Zurab - MGP

Jeffers - Macca

I just think Jay Mc cant be worse than gray.

Zurab reads the game well tackles well and can pass a ball and has the athletism to do a job in CM.

Jeffers has really impressed me when he has played he has good football brain and will be brimming with confidence.

Will get slated for my team!!

villa 2 - rovers 1

dissapointing performance all over the pitch ( hangover from thursday ), Villa gont need to play well to beat us.

just exposes our lack of quality through the dept of the squad.

Full team and we can beat anyone in the world.

Edited by 3rdpillar

I'm confident, oddly enough. Hughes obviously laid down the law at half-time in midweek, and he'll do so again before this match. It's also not one the players could get over-confident about.

1-2 Rovers, Agbonlahor for them, Bentley and McCarthy for us.

Gray was badly exposed for pace in midweek, and his positioning was poor. He gave the ball away a lot. I think he needs to be dropped, but unless Brett is back (freeing up Lucas) we look extremely weak in this department. A worry.

Fatigue, injuries, Martin O'Neill. Mickey Gray. I can see no logical reason whatsoever for predicting a Rovers win. So, predictably, I'll predict 2-1 to Rovers. That's my prediction. Peter Withe for them, Chris Thompson with both of ours.

Just about to leave for train station to get the coach from Blackburn, i've got a good feeling about today, just think that even without Sav & Emmo, possibly two of our best players this campaign we will beat Villa.

Villa 1

Rovers 2

Huge test for Huges.

Maybe he will out-think O'Neill and expose Villa to be not as good as O'Neill has made them.

Perhaps Villa's penchant for draws continues.

In reality our injury hit squad's shortcomings will get exposed and we'll lose this 4-1.

The gap between 8 points and 12 is going to look awfully small come 4pm GMT.

cant believe you didnt mention Chris Price or indeed David Mail

I am sure they both had Villa careers at some point.

Chris Price was released by us so doesn't show as a transfer. I know he did play for Villa after playing for us but it can't really be included under a TRANSFERS header when he wasn't a transfer.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.