SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Aston Villa V Rovers

Ricky

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Price was released by us so doesn't show as a transfer. I know he did play for Villa after playing for us but it can't really be included under a TRANSFERS header when he wasn't a transfer.

Sorry Ricky, I have to disagree with you.

Chris Price had 2 spells at Rovers, he initially signed for Rovers from Hereford in 1986 for around £25,000 before being sold to Villa for £150,000, in May 1988

Rovers then resigned him in February 1992 for £100,000, before he moved on to Portsmouth.

One change from Thursday. The Axe comes in for Savage.

Alan, Soccerbase doesn't list the 1988 transfer at all. Thats why it's not included. I didn't have the time to use a number of sources so had to rely on Soccerbase being correct.

Obviously being from hereford I'm well aware of Chris Price (I met him a few times when he helped coach my town team, Kington)

Very harsh penalty, given by the refs assistant, who seems to be a bit biased towards Villa.

Barry blasted it down the middle.

Hughes was furious at half time, the pen was ball to arm, blasted on to him from five yards and Ooijer was looking the other way, turning his back on the ball

Edited by AggyBlue

on the 30th mminute mark - stone cold, 100%, no questions aksed penalty for us - not given

a few minutes later - no way in hell could that be given a penalty - guess what - penalty vs us. and the sad thing is that that kind of non-existant penalty has been given many times against us. when the ball is cannened off a hand but is not going goal-wards YOU CANT GIVE A GODDAMN PENALTY !!! what are our players supposed to do ?? disappear into thin air ??

we need to turn this around 2nd half or a disaster is at hand. no points in last 3 games, no points in next two, and i havent had the courage to look further ahead into the schedule

Edited by Mr. E

Wakefielddrawks - mind your manners there's no need for those type of posts. Behave.

And RTM watch your language.

And according to five live (and the biased Radio WM) the scorelines fair and so was the penalty - i suppose teh highlites will show the truth :)

Ooijer once again has given away a penalty. I had high hopes for him, but this is getting silly.

How on earth can you judge when you haven't seen it? I am listening to the Villa commentary and even they said it was harsh. He might have been playing really well for all you know and you're judging him by the fact a penalty was awarded against him. It might have been blasted at him from a yard for all you know.

Watch it before you give opinions.

Our pen claim was a bit weak. Pederson felt a hand on his back and took a dive. I wouldn't have given it.

Watching the game and have to agree. Woudn't have given a penalty from the Gamst situation. But not from Sutton's cross to Ooijer's ribs either.

Villa has been more dangerous and Hughes has to try to repeat last sunday's teamtalk to get the guys playing their best at second half. I don't think there's much to look forward from the bench.

Edited by budha

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.