SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Aston Villa V Rovers

Ricky

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Commentators claiming that Gamst's freekick was blocked with hand? Anyone saw it, I partly missed it, Petrov was it? Commentators saying that it was more a penalty than the Ooijer's.

Edit: Thanks Dan :)

Edited by budha

Commentators claiming that Gamst's freekick was blocked with hand? Anyone saw it, I partly missed it, Petrov was it? Commentators saying that it was more a penalty than the Ooijer's.

I saw it, yes if Ooijers was given then so should that one.

Afraid Im just pointing out that we'll only be 3 points above the drop zone with two extremely hard games to come.

Sky just showed Villa's penalty decision=what a joke.

I wasn't being sarcastic to you, I meant playing Man Utd :)

This performance has been absolutely pathetic and just seems to sum us up.

With out last few results, the fixtures ahead and our injury list one would hope that we've simply entered our worst run of the season and just have to get through it, but it is very, very hard to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Also when the going gets tought - we have to get tough as well. Screw what others think, we need to get the "bully" tagline back and fight out the results. Many of our players just seem too mellow for the premiership, and now that Savage is out we've pretty much got no fire in the engine. Hughes needs to tell the players that things are getting serious and results won't change just like that.

Edited by Mr. E

Ipswich and Norwich fans must be sympathising with us.

And so too must Juventus fans...to see their bitter rivals Torino overtake them into the top flight as they go in the opposite direction.

May 2007 will be a very very sad day for Blackburn fans everywhere.

the best we would have gotten out of that game was 0-0; we simply never ever looked like scoring. watching that game, cant help but wish that we had brought sutton back. he did everything that nonda should have done. as a result, he simply murdered us. as for the penalty, what have the officials got against ooijer?! that must be the 3rd he's given away now. harsh, very harsh, but it was given by the linesman and not the ref. but like what the commentators said, if he had given that, surely he had to give petrov's as well. bah, we're used to it by now. are you guys even surprised? and i dont understand what that was about putting henchoz on for neill?

january can't come soon enough. its obvious we are lacking in quality at the moment. please rectify this before its too late. dont let the basel result confuse you, we never deserved to win by 3-0. today we were showed up again, and i fear what rampaging manure will do to us next week if he play like that again.

We're really missing in Savage and Reid. Mokoena can't play football and Tugay is suffering too much from that. Looks like a really important run at December when we face Fulham, Charlton, Newcastle and Reading - if we can't beat Man Utd and/or Tottenham.

• Backroom

When are we going to see officials in the Prem that can actually DO the job they are paid for ???? :angry:

That crap linesman cost us this game (yes, before I get flamed to death, I know we only created one chance in 90 minutes.. but that @#/? decision took the wind out of our sails)

Not gutted at all, wish we could have won but I am not expecting anything from the next game or the next, wasn't from this one either. The gutters were the Bolton and Wham losses. Be alright when we get a fully fit squad back. Geez looks like the gap really is closing. Heh Heh

Edited by USABlue

Edit: Thanks Dan :)

Petrov made no attempt to move his right arm away at all. But the penalty wasnt given, whereas Ooijer was clearly shifting his arm back to avoid touching the ball and the penalty was given.

Penalty decisions have gone against us today, but the first penalty on Roberts against Bolton the other week was never a penalty and the one against Basel was as dodgy as Ooijer's today. By all accounts we played terribly so we can't complain about the result, once Mokoena's name was on the team sheet alongside Tugay we were always going to be in trouble.

full time and well gutted!

we wern't at the races today!

harsh to say it lightly penalty, and i know zurab was caught for the angel goal but it was that idiot grays fault!

Rubbish, if in doubt blame Gray. :(

The second was down to Zurab and he had a mare throughout. He and Ooijer aren't physically strong enough as a pairing.

We really should have played 451 today. I saw 2/3rs of the game and we were absolutely murdered in the first half and in the second we didn't get the ball into dangerous areas enough.

I just don't think a 442 with Mokoena in it works in the least. We need two or three moreplayers, but two months till the transfer window...

Referee decisions went against us but it hard to argue that we didn't deserve to lose.

What is clear is that our first choice XI is good enough for the top six but our strength in depth is weak. The UEFA cup is tiring the paper thin squad.

A proper weeks rest should mean a better performance against United next week.

By all accounts we played terribly so we can't complain about the result, once Mokoena's name was on the team sheet alongside Tugay we were always going to be in trouble.

Felt exactly the same, and my fears were compounded when I read that McCann was returning to the Villa side. Even during his Sunderland days, he tended to walk over our midfielders.

Our problems, needless to say, are primarily in central midfield. A 36 year old and a bad central defender cannot compete on a weekly basis.

Edited by rover6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.