BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0-1 United

vyeo

Totally agree.

Spoiled what is probably a good preview.

And you call yourselves Rovers fans!

They are called the Scum because they are scum. End of. They believe that they have a God given right to win every game, every title even every challenge, and if they don't it's because somebody else cheated. Have you ever heard RFW actually say "We were outplayed, well done the other guys". Never.

Their fans are all glory hunting shithouses from Guildford and Chelmsford. I remember driving down to cardfiff the night before the Final, and the M6 was absolutely chock full of range rovers and BMW's heading back down south after the game, Scum scarves hanging out of the windows.

They gave us piles of grief for "buying" the title, whereas Cantona, Bruce, Pallister, Keane, Ince, Yorke, Cole, Rooney, Ronaldo, Van Horse, Saha, Stamm, Veron, Solkjsjaer etc are all good home grown players that have come through the ranks at Old Trafford....

Brian Kidd nearly killed our club and they currently have Rio on their books.

I cannot find anything objectionable about Chelsea. Surely they are just the modern day incarnation of Rovers in 92? Mourinho is a tit, but so be it. They have piles of money and they spend it on the best players. Pretty much what we did (and indeed what every successful club does), only on a grander scale.

Scumchester will always be the red scum to me.

As for the Scum game, we'll stuff them all ends up. Sparky has the indian sign over them, so it will be 2-0.

Edited by Cheshireblue

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot believe that anyone can Hate Man Utd more than the likes of Chelsea or Arsenal.

Chelsea have took the meaning of ‘buying the title’ to a new meaning. How much have they spent since Abramovich took over? Anyone know?

Utd were hated by most because they were the best team in the league. They do however have a massive support (All be it that many are glory hunters), and it is much bigger than the likes of Arsenal or Chelsea.

They are a class team and yes they have players that individuals don’t like – i.e. Ronaldo or Ferdinand – however most don’t like them because they are class players.

I hate Chelsea & Arsenal more than Utd for many reasons. Mainly down to the arrogance and cockiness of the cockneys! I hate their attitude and their teams also carry that same attitude. I wish someone like rovers, Bolton or Everton would just kick the crap out of them in one game and not worry about the media circus and their poor comments.

Like someone said with the likes of Arsenal or Chelsea you aint allowed to defend, or tackle unless you want to upset them. United aint as bothered, if you want a battle then usually the likes of Rooney, Smith, Scholes will give as good as they take.

I cannot believe that anyone can Hate Man Utd more than the likes of Chelsea or Arsenal.

Chelsea have took the meaning of ‘buying the title’ to a new meaning. How much have they spent since Abramovich took over? Anyone know?

Utd were hated by most because they were the best team in the league. They do however have a massive support (All be it that many are glory hunters), and it is much bigger than the likes of Arsenal or Chelsea.

They are a class team and yes they have players that individuals don’t like – i.e. Ronaldo or Ferdinand – however most don’t like them because they are class players.

I hate Chelsea & Arsenal more than Utd for many reasons. Mainly down to the arrogance and cockiness of the cockneys! I hate their attitude and their teams also carry that same attitude. I wish someone like rovers, Bolton or Everton would just kick the crap out of them in one game and not worry about the media circus and their poor comments.

Like someone said with the likes of Arsenal or Chelsea you aint allowed to defend, or tackle unless you want to upset them. United aint as bothered, if you want a battle then usually the likes of Rooney, Smith, Scholes will give as good as they take.

LOL.

Other than when they play us, I really couldn't give a toss about United as a club.

Sure, Rio is a total knobjockey, the fans come from Ireland and Norway, etc but they just don't upset me like they used to. Mid 90s, when they seemed to cheat us every time we played them, they wound me up.But they move in different circles to us and most other clubs in England.

There is a scumminess to United, all of which various posts have covered, but to constantly refer to them a such , esp on here makes us look like footballing chavs, resentful, jealous, spiteful and more concerned about them than ourselves.

I have to say I hate Chelsea FAR more that I ever hated united. Not for the cash, but for the cynical, passionless, cheating and diving team that Moaninho has put together, who have taken the "we should win anything regardless" attitude to the point where I don't think they've ever been gracious in defeat. I tell a lie, there was that once last year against Fulham.

At least with Ferguson, he'd sometimes give the opposition credit (and he was sacked from St. Mirren. heh). Unlike Moaninho. What a jerk. Also, they play Drogba, who is the epitomie of everything wrong with football.

And in United's credit, they have a great youth system and consistently bring players through it and give them a chance in the first team. big budget, sure, but never to the point of insanity like Chelsea.

Anyways, on to the the game. I'm terrified at the thought of an angry, strong ManU coming out against our injury ravaged, and low on confidence side. So we're going to win :rover: I reckon 2-1 to Rovers, with the last 15 minutes being nailbiting edge of the seat defending from Rovers.

Also, going out on a limb, I predict that Andre will NOT give away a penalty, more prosaically, that Morten and Benni will get on the scoresheet. Vidic will score from a corner for them.

Doom and gloom post this one!

Can't see is scoring or keeping a clean sheet so I'll go for a 0-3 reverse - 1 of which will be a penalty and another will be after a Man U foul / handball that they get away with.

Also, I believe the Darwen End was sold out a while back. With our poor attendances being highlighted more recently I'd expect a few hundered Mancs in vairous corners of the home ends. Money in the coffers I suppose.

I used to look forward to our matches, feeling that we could beat most teams. Not at the moment.

Something is just not right with us at the moment - the power, energy, organisation and hunger are not there. Having to change our starting line up so often this season cannot be helping.

BRFC 0 Man Utd 4

Edited by John

Not unusually the 3 page review of Saturday's match in the LT had nothing to do with Rovers but was an interview with Sparky waxing lyrical about the RFW's career at United and his methods.

"Ah well" I thought. "At least Andy Neild has managed to write a piece without directly championing Mark Hughes for the United job."

Then I turned back a page to the fans jury and the question was "What do you think of all the speculation tipping Mark Hughes successor at Old Trafford?"

I nearly choked on my lunchtime butty. The only bloomin' speculation to that end has been in our own local paper!!!! I've rarely seen his name mentioned elsewhere.

As for the game itself I rarely if ever go into a match thinking we'll lose but this is the exception that proves the rule. Minus Savage, with them in their best form for five or six years, and if we play like we have been doing ever since Krakow away a 0-3 or 0-4 reverse beckons.

Interesting preview, but I think that the constant use of the term Scum when referring to United is not doing this board any favours. Just my opinion.

Sorry ozzie, I couldn't believe what I was reading when I saw that.

You'll be urging us to hug a hoody and befriend a Burnley fan next!!!

I must admit, this is the first time under Hughes where I really am not enjoying the current situation. Bolton, West Ham, Villa, and now Manure. Tottenham next?

I think this will be the lowest point in our season, and I cant see it getting any worse. Fingers Crossed (Injuries suspensions etc).

Doom and Gloom prediction here 0-3 to United. Rooney and Ronaldo making up from the misses on Tuesday night.

And you call yourselves Rovers fans!

They are called the Scum because they are scum. End of. They believe that they have a God given right to win every game, every title even every challenge, and if they don't it's because somebody else cheated. Have you ever heard RFW actually say "We were outplayed, well done the other guys". Never.

Their fans are all glory hunting shithouses from Guildford and Chelmsford. I remember driving down to cardfiff the night before the Final, and the M6 was absolutely chock full of range rovers and BMW's heading back down south after the game, Scum scarves hanging out of the windows.

They gave us piles of grief for "buying" the title, whereas Cantona, Bruce, Pallister, Keane, Ince, Yorke, Cole, Rooney, Ronaldo, Van Horse, Saha, Stamm, Veron, Solkjsjaer etc are all good home grown players that have come through the ranks at Old Trafford....

Brian Kidd nearly killed our club and they currently have Rio on their books.

I cannot find anything objectionable about Chelsea. Surely they are just the modern day incarnation of Rovers in 92? Mourinho is a tit, but so be it. They have piles of money and they spend it on the best players. Pretty much what we did (and indeed what every successful club does), only on a grander scale.

Scumchester will always be the red scum to me.

As for the Scum game, we'll stuff them all ends up. Sparky has the indian sign over them, so it will be 2-0.

I agree wholeheartedly. I switch off MOTD when their highlights are on. Unless they've been beaten of course.

I have to say I'm a great admirer of Arsenal. They have the best footballers in the league and their style of play is utterly awe-inspiring. If Rovers can't win the league I would much rather Arsenal take the title than Chelsea. I don't even contemplate such thoughts when it comes to United.

Having said that, Arsenal are a bunch of whingers. If the opposition tackles hard and doesn't play a high line-like Watford did (for whatever reason) last month-Arsene and his players whine and moan as if these things are a crime.

Edited by Rovermatt

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.