Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gomaa Wants Move To Ewood.

den

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we need him in january?

Currently able to play in central defence we have Ooijer, Nelsen, Zurab, Neill (freely available for the centre as EMerton has RB sewn up and we surely must be signing a proper LB), Henchoz, Todd, Matteo. I would say both Todd and Matteo would have to leave to even make it remotely likely we will sign him.

The only difference would be if he was real quality- ie. near the Nelsen end of the scale. You cannot turn those players down.

Don't you mean...

We need him in january!

Currently unable to play in central defence we have Ooijer, Nelsen, Zurab, Neill (freely available for the centre as EMerton has RB sewn up and we surely must be signing a proper LB), Henchoz, Todd, Matteo. I would say both Todd and Matteo are likely to leave thus making it remotely likely we will sign him.

He is real quality- ie. near the Nelsen end of the scale. You cannot turn those players down.

Yeah, I mean Ooijer is good enough for the Netherlands World Cup squad but not good enough for the mighty Rovers

:wstu:

Not the greatest line of reasoning I'm afraid Bucky. Kluivert was good enough for Dutch world cup squads, and flopped at Newcastle. As just one example.

If Mark Hughes & co want him and won't bust the bank getting him, plus with the fact that Neill is a want-away, I don't see why we don't get him in.

Although midfield is the priority in the January window.

From that clubcall link...... "Nothing is certain yet, but I am waiting for news from Blackburn straight after the Champions League final." Champions League final, January? Now I know Egypt is in a different time zone but that's a few hours not months isn't it?

From that clubcall link...... "Nothing is certain yet, but I am waiting for news from Blackburn straight after the Champions League final." Champions League final, January? Now I know Egypt is in a different time zone but that's a few hours not months isn't it?

It is the African Champions League he is talking about. :rover:

At first I thought former Fulham/Barcode centre back Alain Goma had been victim of a vicious typo. :) i'm not going to pretend to have heard of this guy, but I agree that unless he's just too good to be turning down we should be focusing on improving the midfield and left back options before anything else.

Neil will be gone In January we all know this, Why are you all acting as if hes going to stay with us?

But gomaa dude is a centre back, not a right/left back. I don't know, but i suppose if we do ship todd out, then gomaa would be a sensible choice to come in as cover. I do like the way he looks though. Fierce and uncompromising. Certainly would fit in with our bully boy tag.

Edit: Beat me to it, Fife.

Incidently, is there any way to delete a post rather than just edit and remove the content?

That's a very good question; wish I knew the answer, but I don't. I have the same problem occasionally. Perhaps one of the more knowledgable posters could help us out with this one? :unsure:

another Egyptian on the way?

Zamalek striker Amr Zaki has been the subject of offers from two Premiership clubs, according to reports in Egypt.

Fil Balad is reporting that the 23-year-old's club have received two offers through football management company '4 steps' worth £2 million.

Manchester City and Blackburn Rovers were both linked with Zaki over the summer but Zamalek resisted their advances.

However, the former Egypt international is known to be keen to ply his trade in England's top flight and is likely to push for a move.

A switch to The Premiership could therefore be on the cards in January with clubs targeting his signature in the transfer window.

Edited by gazsimm

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.