BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] And The Beeb Says We Want Beckham.....

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a case of Brand Beckham using Rovers to let the premiership know he is desperate for a move back home. I'd have Bentley over this has been all the time, Bentley is improving all the time, Beckham is getting even worse all the time.

Edited by wakefieldrawks

The Beckham for Blackburn story has two advantages to us IF we can get him.

In my opinion he is the best player as a direct replacement for Tugay, great passer but not the best tackler but would love the deep lying playmaker role. This would also prolong his career greatly, remember we bought Tugay at about the same age and he has lasted 5 years.

Secondly, in relation to the gate debate, would a Blackburn with Beckham in it sell out Ewood? This is a difficult one, a suspect not however I think an increase in average of about 5,000 to our previous levels is possible. With a marked increase in merchandising and a massive increase in World status it could be a self financing signing.

For me on a pure footballing perspective and leaving the maths to JW I think this could be a masterstroke. Let's hope it's true.

This is exactly the type of signing Rovers should be looking to make. Not only is he a 1/2 decent player - but he would raise our profile beyond our wildest dreams.

Beckhams name has managed to raise Real Madrids incoming hugely - and I am sure the same would happen if he joined Rovers.

Rovers biggest obstacle - won't be football related - but how his numerous sponsors would view him joining a small club like Rovers.

Would be a good move, won't happen but at least we could look forward to plenty of newspaper articles showing him going from the beauty of Madrid to the back streets of Mill Hill...paella for tripe...bull-fighting for whippet racing etc etc

In fact, I can almost hear the strains of the Hovis advert now! :lol:

I've said he'd join us since we got our manager (although mostly tongue in cheek). Beckham's all-time hero is...... Mark Hughes.

wouldn't surprise me at all. he might be passed it, but think of the PR (rovers would be known all around the world) and the huge amounts of income he would generate.

the positives far out way the negatives.

I seem to recall on an interview on redio 1 recently he clearly stated that he wouldn't return to a premiership club. Obviously he might have had a change of heart following his recent lack of first team opportunites at Real.

I still think he should be involved in the england set up and still think he is class.

If we had an opportunity to sign him we should do it straight away. I'm sure it would put extra bums on seats.

THERE IS NOT A CHANCE HE WOULD SIGN FOR US.

He will definately go to Newcastle. Their fans our so passionate and the North East is a real hot bed of football blah blah blah blah.

Alternatively, he might have grown some sense over in Madrid and realised thats a load of B******* and he wants to see silverware other than the knife and fork drawer in the geordies canteen.

i don't for one minute actually think that this will happen, but stranger things have happened and who am i to know? i'd be all for him joining, but i mean, seriously?! i suppose he could live in manchester, and there's the mark hughes connection. But if somehow, we really do pull it off (and i don't think we wouldl; expect an official denial anytime soon!) then it would be an immense signing for the club.

I don't think its as outrageous as people are making out. He would be a fantastic signing as a central midfielder. Not only would he add AT LEAST 5k to the gate, he'd boost Rovers worldwide profile - and we'd get a lot more coverage in the press.

Advantages for Becks:

Huge Fish in a small Pond - he'd be THE star again - unlike at Madrid.

Guaranteed First Team Football - which he wouldn't be guaranteed at the Big Clubs

Close to Manchester - Can you see Posh living in Newcastle?

Sparky - Chance to play for one of his heroes

I think its unlikely - but a nice thought anyway.

There is not a chance he would sign for us. Its all paper talk. All Hughes has said was loads of clubs would be interested in signing him. I'm sure if Shevchenko or Rooney were available, we'd be interested in signing them. However, we dont have the money we used to have and the nearest player to Beckham we could REALISTICALLY sign is Ronnie Clayton, as he is now.

Also, no it wouldnt drastically increase our attendances. If we had signed a 17 year old Pele, there would still be Rovers fans saying its too expensive and watching it on Sky at home, or not at all.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.