BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] And The Beeb Says We Want Beckham.....

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Beckham is quite ready for the MLS yet. He can afford to decline a few more years and still make it here. Besides signing a deal in the MLS would translate to him having given up on career as a top player and would end without doubt any aspirations he may have of playing for England again.

Two years here then the MLS and he's done well. I agree perfect stand in for Toogs.

This will never happen guys, end of chat!

He would never take the wage cut we'd have to offer, and we do not have a big enough profile, equalling loss of sponsorship!

This has come about from a chance off the cuff remark by MH and been blown out of proortion. As it was when Sam Allerdice made similar comments.

:tu: Why should we believe someone who falls for a silly email hoax? :D

Speaking about the truth, DB won't come to blackburn. I don't think Victoria will allow it to happen... I am not living in England but I have heard that the living style in Blackburn is not like London. So I don't think Victoria will like it. (sorry if I am wrong)

But it is very great if he come to us. Hey guy, he will score a lot of freekicks. It is important.

and boost the gate...

Edited by kevinyip

Secondly, in relation to the gate debate, would a Blackburn with Beckham in it sell out Ewood? This is a difficult one, a suspect not however I think an increase in average of about 5,000 to our previous levels is possible. With a marked increase in merchandising and a massive increase in World status it could be a self financing signing.

Exactly.

MASSIVE exposure and interest for a town club like Rovers if it did come to fruition......we can only hope.

Not a chance Beckham would come here. Granted in the past we've pulled off big name coups. Dalglish, Archibald, Cole, Bellamy to name but a few. But Beckham??? At least by showing an interest in him it shows ambition.

Also, a number of people have stated they see Beckham as a replacement to Tugay. I disagree with this. As ive metioned on a another thread, there was an article in yesterdays sun that tugay would like to continue playing until the age of 40. He reckons he can emulate Sheringham and would like to finish his career at ewood. Personally, i'd like to see Tugay here for the next few years. Given the way he plays, i think he could achieve this.

Perhaps we should be looking at a replacement for savage for a couple of years time? I rate savage highly. But considering his main attributes are running, chasing, fitness etc, surely he has only a couple of seasons left at the top flight?

Edited by david brent

Absolutely no way this will come of. But IF it for some unknown reason does, I think it'd be a cracking signing. Would be a great replacement for Tugay, and heck, even if he'd be a poor player (Which he certainly is not) his high profile alone would be worth it.

Speaking about the truth, DB won't come to blackburn. I don't think Victoria will allow it to happen... I am not living in England but I have heard that the living style in Blackburn is not like London. So I don't think Victoria will like it. (sorry if I am wrong)

But it is very great if he come to us. Hey guy, he will score a lot of freekicks. It is important.

and boost the gate...

I don't think any of the team actually live in Blackburn. He would live in the subrbs of Manchester like he did before.

I really can't see this happening, though. There's nothing in those articles to say that he'd come to Blackburn. All just smoke and mirrors, probably not even that...

Also, a number of people have stated they see Beckham as a replacement to Tugay. I disagree with this. As ive metioned on a another thread, there was an article in yesterdays sun that tugay would like to continue playing until the age of 40. He reckons he can emulate Sheringham and would like to finish his career at ewood. Personally, i'd like to see Tugay here for the next few years. Given the way he plays, i think he could achieve this.

I think we'd all love to see Tugay here for a few more years, but he'll be faded out. Even Sherignham, who has kept himself very fit, can only start a handful of games a season and is basically just a squad member.

Us Rovers fans are so pessimistic when it comes to game day, but we are the most optimistic when it comes to transfers. :blink: Albeit with Beckham it's guarded optimism. Wage bill aside I doubt he joins just on a profile standpoint. No matter how passionate he is about the game he is all about business and he knows a move to Blackburn wouldn't raise his profile to the level he requires, never mind Posh. A move to England is definitely a better move than staying in Spain (whether starting or not) or to the US, but to Blackburn I just can't see. If we sold out every game, then we'd have something, but I just don't think it's in anyway plausible that he'd come to Ewood.

I'm not a big fan of his game, but he does offer a lot in terms of economics that I think it'd be foolish to turn him away. I think of all of the Prem clubs we are not in the top 5 for signing him...

Another advantage being that he could move back to Manchester.

[b]Like people are saying, its highly unlikely, but would be an amazing acheivement. I'd have him all day long.

Hmmmmm................I think I would want him for a bit longer than that! ;)

He would never take the wage cut we'd have to offer, and we do not have a big enough profile, equalling loss of sponsorship!

We offered Bellamy a Huge salary according to reports, it wouldn't be a massive cut for him and would give him probably what he wants which is a season or 2 back in the premiership before he retires to USA. The challange and chance to work with Hughesy would be a big enough draw for most players and outweight the profile issue.

As for sponsorship i doubt the levels he has enjoyed over the past few years will be maintained for much longer.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.