BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] And The Beeb Says We Want Beckham.....

OK, thought about it.

I have said some daft things myself in the past, but i really think the whole idea of Becks coming to play for us is quite absurd.

Sorry, but if you honestly think we can afford to give him these wages then good luck to you.

Merchandising is a laugh - we simply do not have enough fans for that and I don't relish the prospect of glory hunters tagging along with him.

Im sure Sponsors would be queueing up though, Beckhams appeal in Asia is huge, Man U used to preseason Japan just because of him and the cash it made them

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but if you honestly think we can afford to give him these wages then good luck to you.

Merchandising is a laugh - we simply do not have enough fans for that and I don't relish the prospect of glory hunters tagging along with him.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing him in the team.

While we are at it, lets put in a bid for Rooney, Lampard, Ronhaldhinio and Maradonna too...

Merchandising: With Beckham on board our world-wide shirt sales would rocket IMO. There would be kids all over the world in Rovers tops - Beckham would bring his own band of supporters.

Glory Hunters: We're constantly moaning that we don't get big enough attendancies - and yet you wouldn't "relish" the prospect of an extra 5-8k on the gate (which is what would happen). I don't care if they've never been to a Rovers match in their lives - if it fills the ground up a bit, it will improve the atmosphere, improve performances and make us extra money on the gate. Becks would have to drop his wage demands a bit, I admit this, but he's loaded - and the big factors for him now are getting back in the England squad and keeping the Beckham brand going.

As for Rooney, Lampard, Ronaldinho - these would command huge transfer fees - unlike Becks who is 31 and contract up at the end of the season.

I'm not having a go Wolverine - just offering an opinion matey :)

Sort of off topic a bit, but I remember an article from around 2002 about how Beckham was casting his vote for PFA player of the year and put in................. Tugay! Much to the derision of his teamates at OT.

Becks has gone on record as saying he is a huge fan of the turk (as everybody on the planet should be).

The reason I bring this up is because I think Beckham has always wanted to be, basically, a Tugay sort of deep playmaker but has never been able to achieve that ambition. In that respect he has always been a victim of his excellent crossing.

Tugay- The Turkish Beckham :D

What an insult. Tugay, even at 37, has far more to offer than that primadonna. Beckham has always been over paid and over rated so I hope to hell that we don't bring him over here. I can't see him being interested in signing for a team like Rovers anyway, unless we pay for him to be helicoptered in every week with his skinny tart, and I don't see Hughesie being daft enough to sign him.

Not woorried apart from about the sanity of people who actually see signing him as a good ides. If you want clowns you should go to the circus, which is what Rovers would become if they did sign him.

What an insult. Tugay, even at 37, has far more to offer than that primadonna.

What absolute nonsense. How on Earth can you call Beckham a primadonna? No-one works harder than him when he's on the pitch, he's obviously not as good as he used to be but that's not through lack of effort.

Surely, even those of you who doubt what he could do for us on the pitch will admit that what he would do to the profile and merchandising of the club would be worth the transfer?

Just to add, by simply mentioning the fact that it might happen both my mother and my sister enthusiastically responded that they would become blackburn supporters if he did, I am sure they are not alone in that respect (though they were joking, there was an element of truth and I have no doubt that I would find it much easier to convince them to go to a game).

Edited by Eddie

What absolute nonsense. How on Earth can you call Beckham a primadonna? No-one works harder than him when he's on the pitch, he's obviously not as good as he used to be but that's not through lack of effort.

Effort in marrying one of the world's famous women to boost your own Profile? :D Beckham is all dollars, everything he does is premeditated to improving Brand Beckham. He cant even take being dropped from the England squad without crying to the media days after. Sparky doesnt play him, and he'd be telling Max Clifford to print a woe story in the tabloids the next day.

Plus he makes MGP look like Ben Johnson and Razor Ruddock combined. Can you really see wimpy Beckham coping with the pace and power of the premiership nowadays?.

Although he would be great for bringing in more Punani to Ewood.

Edited by wakefieldrawks

Merchandising: With Beckham on board our world-wide shirt sales would rocket IMO. There would be kids all over the world in Rovers tops - Beckham would bring his own band of supporters.

Glory Hunters: We're constantly moaning that we don't get big enough attendancies - and yet you wouldn't "relish" the prospect of an extra 5-8k on the gate (which is what would happen). I don't care if they've never been to a Rovers match in their lives - if it fills the ground up a bit, it will improve the atmosphere, improve performances and make us extra money on the gate. Becks would have to drop his wage demands a bit, I admit this, but he's loaded - and the big factors for him now are getting back in the England squad and keeping the Beckham brand going.

As for Rooney, Lampard, Ronaldinho - these would command huge transfer fees - unlike Becks who is 31 and contract up at the end of the season.

I'm not having a go Wolverine - just offering an opinion matey :)

OK, fair points but I still cant see us affording him.

And another thing - can you really picture Posh at Blackburn Matalan?! :lol:

now totenham have ruled them self out of a move for beckham if he does decide to come to the premiership i can only see it being between us bolton and westham. and with tugay and mark hughes that makes us a better option than bolton but its just the location of westham would posh like to live in london or up here.

please no!!! IVE ALREADY BOUGHT ME LITTLE UN HIS ROVERS SHIRT !!! HES SAYS HES HAVING A BECKS ONE HAHAHAAHAHAHA

FTR no way will it happen ....archibald thogh....

although if it did the money and extra bods on seats would be longterm good .

City wants Koren

This guy has been a class act all season in Norway, a great creative midfielder. Wouldn't say the EPL is the league that fits him the best, but for free he's a good signing in my opinion.

what player past or present does he remind you of ?

i misread your post at 1st and thought: ''city want korean ? have they not learnt from the likes of lee, park and sun jihai' (the man who's said he doesnt trust mancunian barbers and only gets his hair cut when he goes back to china!) :lol:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.