BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] It's Gally Time

ABBEY

I'm a local lad. I demand a squad number, a starting place and £5k a week please.

And I can tell you that I am most definitely not good enough.

Flawed logic?

Why not, Jeffers must have pulled that one :lol:

(Or did he win that Barclaycard competition)

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is pathetic! For Gally just cast your minds back a year or two and substitute the words Stead or even Grabbi (ffs!). Too many dreamers and comic strip readers on here who appreantly are never willing to learn. In football it has to be head over heart not the other way around! Gally does have certain talents at certain things i.e. vision and passing but his all round weaknesses far outweigh them at this level. Just like Sparky sussed Stead in double quick time so he has with Gallagher. Has anybody noticed any Prem clubs sniffing around him? It's usually a sure sign of a players abilities.

There is that plain enough? Here endeth the lesson.

Totally agree!

Gally is technically gifted as someone points out about his volleying abilities but his overall lack of strength dont allow him to express his skills for the benefit of his team.

I like Gally as a player and he's a decent bloke too. I can remember when he first got promoted to the first team squad, he came and watched his mates play in the reserves.

Is he good enough - i'm not sure, but one thing for certain is that he will remain a squad player for us for a while, given a) the injury crisis and B) we're reliant on the academy for squad players. The lad looks a cut above when playing in the reserves and has got some good goals for us in the past, so imo he certainly should stay.

IMO he's probably best as a backup to right mid - and he certainly isn't going to replace Bentley. He's too lightweight in the middle, as is Bentley to be partnering Tugs in the middle and having Gally on the right. On the left Pedersen is a much better all rounder and adds a lot more defensively than Gally would, swapping them again would make the team even more lightweight defensively. Besides Peter looks very promising as a traditional winger and is younger with more time to improve. Up front I feel that all four of our strikers have more promise then him, although Gally could replace Jeffers if it doesn't work out for the lad. However he Jeffers and McCarthy are all somewhat similar insomuch as that non are big powerful strikers, and like to drift out wide and deep. He doesn't really provide anything different in this respect which may go against him when competing for a forward birth.

The midfiled situation isn't ideal but at the moment it has to be Mokoena. Personally I agree with comments to push Tugs further up and instruct the Axe not to venture forwards. Other than that Neill in centre mid would be a better solution although we would then have problems with the left back position.

As for Douglas - he's never been good enough. Poor in the Prem, poor in the reserves, poor in the championship. Anyone who has seen him play will realise he is not the answer.

Completely agree Blue Blood.

I think USA Blue has the answer he was looking for now

Gally has plenty of technical abilitly and is a clever player, but I'm just not sure which position would suit him in the team.

This thread is pathetic! For Gally just cast your minds back a year or two and substitute the words Stead or even Grabbi (ffs!). Too many dreamers and comic strip readers on here who appreantly are never willing to learn. In football it has to be head over heart not the other way around! Gally does have certain talents at certain things i.e. vision and passing but his all round weaknesses far outweigh them at this level. Just like Sparky sussed Stead in double quick time so he has with Gallagher. Has anybody noticed any Prem clubs sniffing around him? It's usually a sure sign of a players abilities.

Are we so well blessed with players that have vision and passing ability that we can choose to ignore one because of his other "perceived weaknesses"? Gally is also a very good crosser of a ball and has been known to move himself fast enough to score one or two from loose play in the 6 yd area; rather like Benni in that respect! As others have said before me, he does also seem to have a "geeing up" effect on the whole team when he comes on from the bench. Taken all together, and making allowance for his weaknesses as well (which of course other regular players in the side don't have :blink: ) I think the lad deserves better treatment than he has had so far. Just my opnion of course!

Edited by Fife Rover

I think the important thing is that we sign Gally onto a new contract. My understanding is that his current one runs out in the summer. I would say that a fully contracted Gally is worth at least a million to a Championship club, even with the smattering of Prem appearances he has made. His record when he was playing there speaks for itself. However, an out of contract Gally would get us very little- simply a tribunal fee I believe. This is completely aside from how likely we think he is to make it at Rovers.

If we sold every player that Theno says is not good enough we would have none left! ;)

With the exception of Bentley*, I'm proven cos we have sold or got rid of em! :P

*With Bentley I'm happy to say that there is always an exception to prove every rule! :tu:

'drog you have me rolling about laughing here. That's the best pretentious self-justification you've come up with yet.

Come on man, in footballing opinions you are no more right nor wrong than the rest of us. Everything else you write is cobblers.

That's the best pretentious self-justification you've come up with yet.

I thank you.

Apart from you of course it's a fact of life that everybody makes mistakes Philip. It's why they put rubbers on the end of pencils. Being big enough to admit to em is something else entirely..... don't you agree Gunner?

Anyway whilst Bentley has improved in leaps and bounds and hopefully will continue to do so he is hardly the 'New Bergkamp' yet is he?

I'm in two minds on this. I agree with USABlue that, from what we see on the telly over here, when he has come on he has, to use Mark Hughes's yardstick, made an impact.

But then I also agree with Abbey - he's had over 50 chances on the pitch, so can someone please make their minds up and either play him regularly or sell him.

Man Yoo give fringe players some bloody good runs in the team before keeping or selling, and I don't think they have less riding on games than we do. Give him ten full consecutive games and then he's in or out.

Why do you always feel the need to demean people because the have differing opinions to yours. Hey, did anyone notice any Prem clubs sniffing around Tugay or Friedal or Bentley. It is usually a good sign of ablilities, right?

Dreamers and comic strip readers, really.

Little sidebar here, the other day I was watching the video highlights on RW, saw Gally's goal, extremely well taken, well this comic strip reader thought so. What I found interesting though was the fact that MH looked totally ###### off after Gally scored, no smile no nothing just arms folded and a grim look on his face. What is that about?

Edited by USABlue

Why do you always feel the need to demean people because the have differing opinions to yours.

Cos the 'local hero' stuff ticks me off. Living or originating in Blackburn has no bearing whatsoever on a players footballing abilities has it? Yet so many place great store in it. The best example recently was Dunny and he couldn't wait to put distance between himself and BRFC when it suited him to do so. Duff was here long enough but he soon got used to kissing the Chelsea badge didn't he? Now he's proclaiming undying love for the magpies badge.

Loyalty really does only work one way and it mystefies me why people can get repeatedly disappointed yet keep coming back for more punishment. If Gally does come really good and attracts the attention of better placed clubs he will be off like lightening.

Get real.

The best example recently was Dunny and he couldn't wait to put distance between himself and BRFC when it suited him to do so. Duff was here long enough but he soon got used to kissing the Chelsea badge didn't he? Now he's proclaiming undying love for the magpies badge.

I thought Dunn left purely because of Souness? Plus the £5m no doubt suited us. Duff kissing the club badge is just a stupid habit, it means nothing, they're all at it.

As for Gally, got to agree that we'll never really know until he's given a proper run of games. Can't see that happening, I don't think he's strong enough. If he's going to fit in anywhere it's prbobably as a right winger. Has a good cross on him I seem to recall but then that was three years ago.

Cos the 'local hero' stuff ticks me off. Living or originating in Blackburn has no bearing whatsoever on a players footballing abilities has it? Yet so many place great store in it. The best example recently was Dunny and he couldn't wait to put distance between himself and BRFC when it suited him to do so. Duff was here long enough but he soon got used to kissing the Chelsea badge didn't he? Now he's proclaiming undying love for the magpies badge.

Loyalty really does only work one way and it mystefies me why people can get repeatedly disappointed yet keep coming back for more punishment. If Gally does come really good and attracts the attention of better placed clubs he will be off like lightening.

Get real.

Place of birth doesn't have anything to do with ability, but I think it does in terms of the fans bonding and commitment with the club.

Signing Nonda really brought this home to me. The bloody Congo for God's sake. Dreamt of pulling on the Blue and White halves when he was kicking a rolled up sock around the streets of Brazzaville no doubt. And now he wants a contract because he loves Levers pies and shopping in Mill Hill. I bet his family send him food parcels.

If Man Yoo can find room in their team for 3 or 4 Mancunians over the last few years, all of whom could have been replaced with better players, I don't see why we must be made up of mercenaries. How many of the current team will be writing a weekly column a la Garner, Keeley and Gallacher in 5 years time?

I am convinced one of the reasons our crowds are dwindling is that many people don't really care how our imported buch of mercenaries do against other teams imported bunch of mercenaries.

I am convinced one of the reasons our crowds are dwindling is that many people don't really care how our imported buch of mercenaries do against other teams imported bunch of mercenaries.

I personally think this is the biggest factor in dwindling crowd attendancies. Nail on the head mate!

Get real.

Local hero stuff has nowt to do with it as far as I'm concerned. I simply wanted to know when he's not being used more, sub specifically. I'm as real as it gets mate.

There are several teams of players to be found any weekend down Pleasington, and the vast majority if not all in some cases are born and bred in Blackburn. Does anyone seriously think that they should get any kind of preference from Blackburn Rovers scouts over lads from elsewhere simply because they are local lads?

Get real! I simply want the best possible team that Rovers can produce and I dont give a fig for where on this planet they come from. I do however expect and demand that they are fit and healthy and put in 100% effort in every game they play. So that lets Dunny out right away!

Edited by Fife Rover

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.