BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] It's Gally Time

ABBEY

His subdued season with Norwich is still better than anything Gallagher has shown.

You do realise Bentley played nearly all of his games on the Right Wing for Norwich? scoring only 2 goals. Gally played on the LW and RW scoring 12 goals.

Of course in Eddies world where pigs fly and the moon is made of cheese, Bentley did better :rolleyes:

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realise Bentley played nearly all of his games on the Right Wing for Norwich? scoring only 2 goals. Gally played on the LW and RW scoring 12 goals.

Of course in Eddies world where pigs fly and the moon is made of cheese, Bentley did better :rolleyes:

Now I've picked myself up off the floor from laughing, thanks for that.

Edited by USABlue

i wouldnt say gallagher is better than bentley not this season anyway bentle and emerton look to be our best players. But i think gally should be given a chance but up front because he is alot better than jeffers. I would also try joe gardner out he has been waiting for his chance for sometime he should be given one soon.

Edited by pick32

Garner then. Because he has represented england at all levels been very succesfull in the reserves.he has been turning teams such as man utd and cheslea down and when i have seen him play he has loked alot better than derbyshire who only has pace.

Any more questions bellamy11?

I think the issue I have sometimes with Hughes is not that he is willing to give youth a go (we've seen the likes of Gallagher, Peter, Taylor, Derbyshire on the bench), but rather that he only throws them on for the last ten minutes here and the last five minutes there.

Now I don't profess to be any kind of footballing managerial mastermind like our good man MH, but even I know that if you come on into a heated contest for the last ten minutes it is so hard to get into the game never mind have a positive influence on it. Maybe we should look at giving Sergio the odd start, or maybe bringing Gallagher on at half time if* we are 2-0 up at home.

*- And yes I do realise it doesn't happen too often.

I agree ihateburnley, hughes needs to start using his Subs more and stop throwing people on with 5 minutes left, give them more time on the pitch.

There are moments in matches when hughes could easily bring out a Peter or Gally with 20 mins to go, but he never does. Even at times when we've been losing Hughes still never brings them on til the 80th.

Gally is not even on the bench today again. Signs are looking ominous for him, is he gonna be off in January.

He has to be gone now, we had just about the weakest bench going and he still couldn't sneak on to it. Personally, If Tugay's card is not recinded, I would like to see Gally play on the wing with Bentley inside. Hardly likely though.

I can't help but think Hughes has a problem with Gally's attitude. He would have made an appearance by now if it was judged on talent alone. I don't think anyone can argue that Glly is a worse player than Jeffers, Peter, Mokoena or McEverley.

I don't think anyone can argue that Glly is a worse player than Jeffers, Peter, Mokoena or McEverley.

You can't really compare McEveley and Gallagher. I think the simple fact is that Jeffers is a good player who has a lot to live upto, Peter is a cracking prospect and our most natural left winger after Pedersen (who is one of our more inconsistent performers, thus warranting a left-wing replacement on the bench), Mokoena is pretty much our only holding midfielder after Savage, and McEveley is a defender.

Maybe we are reading too much into Gallagher not being on the bench - he can only choose five subs!!!

Pick32: Joe Garner, first team material? No offence to the lad, I've seen him have some decent games for the Academy, but he's not got a chance at the moment.

Because he has ... been very succesful in the reserves.

According to Rovers.co.uk:

2006 Reserve Appearances 3 Goals 1

(Granted this doesn't include a hat-trick against Tranmere in the Pontins League Cup)

2005 Reserve Appearances 12 (2 sub) Goals 2

he has been turning teams such as man utd and chelsea down

Don't be silly.

well afeter watching black grabbi again i think none doh is one the worst ive seen ,i think hes a cross between davies ,grabbi and ashley all rolled into one.

Told ya he'd score ABBEY :P

No time on the pitch for Gally again today. :(

Anyone think the reason why Gally isnt even getting any time as a sub is probably the same reason as Todd? hes said something to hughes, that hughes didnt like.. hence Hughes reluctancy to even give Gally the odd run out.

He deserves a chance, and i dont think Sparky is that petty, do you?

If Gally and Todd have upset Sparky then does that go for Derbyshire and Peter who also got barely any effective time on the pitch yesterday...? :huh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.