SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] It's Gally Time

ABBEY

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Sparky had any faith he would havebeen on the bench today. The only striker there was Derbyshire and Hughes usually likes to have 2 forwards avaiable to come on.

For whatever reason i don't think Gally is going to play a real part this season. Derbyshire and Peter might get a shot though.

• 3 weeks later...

He's not bloody good enough for God's sake! Gally is no way Prem quality and is a bit part player like Douglas, Stead and Tiny that we need to replace. Surely this must even be obvious to his bloody mother ffs!

I rem loads of people defending those other 3 (God only knows why! :wstu: ) and saying that they haven't had a chance at Ewood.... well now they have moved on and they have now been proven crap beyond doubt but still we have a shed load of numpties choosing misplaced sentimentality over clear thought!

Is there something difficult in simply basing opinion on the evidence of ones own eyes?

He's not bloody good enough for God's sake! Gally is no way Prem quality and is a bit part player like Douglas, Stead and Tiny that we need to replace. Surely this must even be obvious to his bloody mother ffs!

I rem loads of people defending those other 3 (God only knows why! :wstu: ) and saying that they haven't had a chance at Ewood.... well now they have moved on and they have now been proven crap beyond doubt but still we have a shed load of numpties choosing misplaced sentimentality over clear thought!

Is there something difficult in simply basing opinion on the evidence of ones own eyes?

i think that its true that both stead and gallagher arent premiership quality....its just strange, coz i remember how excited i was when those two combined so beautifully for the winner against united at ewood a few years back....and thinking that we had a real pair for the future......funny how things change so fast in football these days.

Edited by elwaxo

Calm down you little troll

Ever been called a troll before?

Get in there aft.

Might have guessed that you would appear. Found a new patsy to do what you never could without bleating to admin Macca?

Shame you reverted to type, we had just started seeing eye to eye on certain issues. Oh well never mind. btw Seasons greetings and a Merry Christmas to you and yours. ;)

I dont think he will ever be a top scoring striker and thats why Hughes has pushed him back into midfield where he might have a chance, but with that said, he isnt strong enough, not fast enough, not the most skillful so he in essence he is just an average player that offers nothing really special.

However, his best chance of success in my eyes is still up front and I wouldnt mind seeing him get a chance or two up there.

But the fact that Derbyshire has dislodged him off the bench tells me that Gally time will not happen ever again...

I dont think he will ever be a top scoring striker and thats why Hughes has pushed him back into midfield where he might have a chance, but with that said, he isnt strong enough, not fast enough, not the most skillful so he in essence he is just an average player that offers nothing really special.

However, his best chance of success in my eyes is still up front and I wouldnt mind seeing him get a chance or two up there.

But the fact that Derbyshire has dislodged him off the bench tells me that Gally time will not happen ever again...

Good post but there is no need for your suggestion in the second paragraph. We cannot afford the luxury of pratting about with a non achiever until we are certain sure of beating relegation, and even then there is the league positional bonus against giving weak players one more chance.

Well even though we are pratting with relegation, I seriously dont think if we played Jeffers, Gally or Derbyshire alongside Benni we would not notice Nonda isnt playing. All in all, lets be frank Nonda's contribution has been minimal and anyone playing up there could have done the same, other than that perfect header for his first goal, mind you!

Well even though we are pratting with relegation, I seriously dont think if we played Jeffers,

Just where is Jeffers? Am I alone in a suspicion that his absence is not totally injury related as was weakly reported a few matches ago? It's a sure sign something is amiss when even the LT goes quiet and never mentions his injury or a return date etc.

Yes that goal was worth 3 points but he has played about 15 other games and can you confidently predict that if any of our other strikers was given his run-out they would not have scored a single goal that would have gotten us 3 points? Its the law of averages and I stand by it that his contribution has been minimal, especially when you look at Kuqi's from last season! ;)

How many goals has Nonda got so far? He managed 2 against Arsenal and also the 1 were he got us 3 points, any more?

As for gallagher, he is poor, not premiership quality and another youngster who has let money get to his head and made him believe he has already made the grade. Well he hasnt and I for one would be happy to see him sold with a % of next sale added into the transfer just incase.

How many goals has Nonda got so far? He managed 2 against Arsenal and also the 1 were he got us 3 points, any more?

He 'scored' a goal against Fulham...alhough that was solely down to their keeper's woeful positioning...it was actually a soft attempt by Nonda which trickled its way into the net more than anything. Still, they all count.

As his goals against Arsenal were a penalty and a tap-in (albeit an agile one) then none of them have been really impressive since the winner against Boro...but that was three months ago.

Personally I just think the rest of his game is even worse...having a striker who rarely scores is one thing but having a striker who rarely scores and rarely seems to offer anything else is another. As soon as Roberts gets back I think that he will find he has nobody blocking his way to the first team.

He 'scored' a goal against Fulham...alhough that was solely down to their keeper's woeful positioning...it was actually a soft attempt by Nonda which trickled its way into the net more than anything. Still, they all count.

As his goals against Arsenal were a penalty and a tap-in (albeit an agile one) then none of them have been really impressive since the winner against Boro...but that was three months ago.

Nonda hasn't been great but you have to give him a bit of credit where it's due.

The goal against Fulham was an exceptional piece of skill. He made the keeper look daft because he took the chance so early when it didn't look possible to get any sort of effort in. Thereby throwing the keeper totally.

And the second v Arsenal was a difficult chance which he made look extremely easy. Nine times out of ten it wouldn't have occurred to players to attempt an overhead kick , they'd have tried to turn and it would have been blocked.

Four League goals so far, a slight improvement in the second half of the season and it will be ten in total.

It seems Nonda can do no right now, when he first joined nearly everyone was absolutely raving about him when he hadn't really been that good, now people are calling him to high heaven when he hasn't been quite that bad.

Arguably also, as with Yorke and Cole, both McCarthy and Nonda have shown up better when the other hasn't been on the pitch. Neither have been particularly good in terms of overall play despite Benni's impressive goals ratio.

As for Jeffers the situation seems a little odd, I haven't been impressed by him but he seems to have disappeared completely off the radar. I wonder if it's a combination of him not impressing on a daily basis and some sort of bonus kicking in if he plays again?

And going back to the original topic for some reason Hughes really does seem loath to give Gallagher a fair crack of the whip. It's starting to look as if it would be better for him to move on sadly.

So overall despite having six strikers on the books, until Roberts returns, as in midfield we're in a Savage/Tugay type situation whereby we need to wrap up the main two in cotton wool as we've no viable looking alternatives.

I think we need another striker in the window unless the manager thinks he can kick start one of Gallagher/Jeffers/Derbyshire into making a significant contribution.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

Nonda hasn't been great but you have to give him a bit of credit where it's due.

The goal against Fulham was an exceptional piece of skill. He made the keeper look daft because he took the chance so early when it didn't look possible to get any sort of effort in. Thereby throwing the keeper totally.

And the second v Arsenal was a difficult chance which he made look extremely easy. Nine times out of ten it wouldn't have occurred to players to attempt an overhead kick , they'd have tried to turn and it would have been blocked.

Four League goals so far, a slight improvement in the second half of the season and it will be ten in total.

It seems Nonda can do no right now, when he first joined nearly everyone was absolutely raving about him when he hadn't really been that good, now people are calling him to high heaven when he hasn't been quite that bad.

Arguably also, as with Yorke and Cole, both McCarthy and Nonda have shown up better when the other hasn't been on the pitch. Neither have been particularly good in terms of overall play despite Benni's impressive goals ratio.

As for Jeffers the situation seems a little odd, I haven't been impressed by him but he seems to have disappeared completely off the radar. I wonder if it's a combination of him not impressing on a daily basis and some sort of bonus kicking in if he plays again?

And going back to the original topic for some reason Hughes really does seem loath to give Gallagher a fair crack of the whip. It's starting to look as if it would be better for him to move on sadly.

So overall despite having six strikers on the books, until Roberts returns, as in midfield we're in a Savage/Tugay type situation whereby we need to wrap up the main two in cotton wool as we've no viable looking alternatives.

I think we need another striker in the window unless the manager thinks he can kick start one of Gallagher/Jeffers/Derbyshire into making a significant contribution.

From where I sit I am afraid Gally's days with us are numbered. I don't know if he is a poor as some people say, I don't think he is, though he looks totally devoid of any confidence right now, or Hughes just doesn't rate him/his style/ his work ethic. Matty Derbyshire on the other hand seems to be quite in favour with MH and seems the one most likely to make it. He has made slow steady progress through the ranks. If he can bag a goal or two he may well be on his way to becoming a lot more regular. I have'nt seen but a few minutes of him, I'd like to see more.

PS, here we go again Rev, it looks like I am stalking you again HEh Heh, I'm not.

Edited by USABlue

If we can offload Gallagher then I for one will be delighted, especially if we can get a sell-on clause included. He has shown no sign of being Premiership standard on a consistent basis and if we get rid then at least we'll see the back of the "Gallagher should be given a fair chance" brigade.

From where I sit I am afraid Gally's days with us are numbered. I don't know if he is a poor as some people say, I don't think he is, though he looks totally devoid of any confidence right now, or Hughes just doesn't rate him/his style/ his work ethic. Matty Derbyshire on the other hand seems to be quite in favour with MH and seems the one most likely to make it. He has made slow steady progress through the ranks. If he can bag a goal or two he may well be on his way to becoming a lot more regular. I have'nt seen but a few minutes of him, I'd like to see more.

PS, here we go again Rev, it looks like I am stalking you again HEh Heh, I'm not.

I was dissapointed he couldn't outpace the Liverpool defender (his name escapes me) and ended up being brushed off the ball. Still, he's young.

I was dissapointed he couldn't outpace the Liverpool defender (his name escapes me) and ended up being brushed off the ball. Still, he's young.

Matt Derbyshire: Born: 14/04/1986

That makes him 21 in four months time. At that age, strikers should be showing a bit more IMO.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.