BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1-1Tottenham

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from our 3-2 defeat at WHL last season - these matches have usually been low scoring. Think the four games before that were 0-0, 0-0, 0-1, 0-1. I'm going for 1-0 to Spurs with Keane scoringa controversial winner involving someones hand and maybe a rabbit.

Text alert just arrived from BRFC:

Rovers should welcome back Robbie Savage for Sunday's game against Spurs but will be without Neill (hamstring) and Zurab (suspended). Gamst Pedersen is also a doubt

Probable team then....

----------------------------------------FRIEDEL----------------------------------------

----------- OOIJER-----HENCHOZ--------TODD--------GRAY-----------

-----------BENTLEY-----SAVAGE-------- TUGAY--------PETER -----------

-----------------------------NONDA--------McCARTHY----------------------------

Edited by SuperStella

Text alert just arrived from BRFC:

Rovers should welcome back Robbie Savage for Sunday's game against Spurs but will be without Neill (hamstring) and Zurab (suspended). Gamst Pedersen is also a doubt

Probable team then....

----------------------------------------FRIEDEL----------------------------------------

not sure about your selections, stella.

we'll end spurs' dominance of ewood fixtures, dawson and king will be as shambolic as they were at reading, and rovers will win 2-0- nonda and mccarthy.

Why play Ooijer at right back, where he has not played for us this season, instead of Emerton, who has played there in most games? Emerton isn't injured or suspended so that I have heard.

I'd expect it to be more like Emerton - Ooijer - Henchoz - Gray. Then again...he doesn't seem to rate Gray anymore so McEveley in for a start?

I am abit confused: I thought Ped was injured and Neill was going to make the game. Anyhow, if Savage is available that is a HUGE boost and we might actually be able to win this one.

Emerton will surely play rightback.

Neill is definitely injured and therefore out according to the Beeb. Rovers v Spurs preview. Pedersen is rated as doubtful, it would surely be most sensible not to risk rushing him back in even if he could make it and to give Peter a start.

Savage is slightly different as Mokoena is not an acceptable replacement for his position alas.

LOL forgot about Emerton

I'd drop Ooijer

Henchoz over our best performer in recent weeks?!!!!!!!!!

As for the game-I said it in the other thread: we will lose.

All my mates are Spurs fans and they never let it go when they win, so this is the one game I hate us losing. I'll go with what Left Winger said:

Rovers 0 Spurs 1 Robbie Keane

Edited by Somerset Rover!

Neill is definitely injured and therefore out according to the Beeb. Rovers v Spurs preview. Pedersen is rated as doubtful, it would surely be most sensible not to risk rushing him back in even if he could make it and to give Peter a start.

Savage is slightly different as Mokoena is not an acceptable replacement for his position alas.

Thanks FLB.

My team then:

Freidal

Emerton     Ooijer    Zurab    Gray

Bentley     Savage   Tugay    Peter

Nonda    McCarthy

Subs: Brown, Henchoz, Mokoena, Gallagher, Jeffers

Gray against Lennon... oh dear! I hope Aaron isn't fit. I would like to see Gally given some time out there but it is easily possible he won't make the bench. If he doesn't make an appearence in the next few games, especially in the injury cirisis we have, that has to be a clear indication he is surplus to requirements.

Savage for captain? Or Tugay?

Edited by joey_big_nose

The good news about this week-end is that the teams below us have just about zilch prospect of getting a point- any of them. The bad news is if we lose chances are we'll be in a group at the bottom with a gap opening up ahead of us.

This game has 0-0 all over it.

Thanks FLB.

My team then:

Freidal

Emerton     Ooijer    Zurab    Gray

Bentley     Savage   Tugay    Peter

Nonda    McCarthy

Subs: Brown, Henchoz, Mokoena, Gallagher, Jeffers

Gray against Lennon... oh dear! I hope Aaron isn't fit. I would like to see Gally given some time out there but it is easily possible he won't make the bench. If he doesn't make an appearence in the next few games, especially in the injury cirisis we have, that has to be a clear indication he is surplus to requirements.

Savage for captain? Or Tugay?

zurab is susspended buddy and neill, savage and gamst are all doubts but should play i heard if they pass late fitness tests.

my team:

friedel

emerton ooijer henchoz neill

bentley savage tugay pedersen

nonda benni

subs: brown, gallagher, mokoena, jeffers, peter.

Yeah I saw something him in - he was marking Rooney for Englands first goal....

Who scored again?

Oh , Rooney

Not only was it an amazing cross but there were 2 defenders in front of andre who had dropped to cover the man at the far post. He had a good game for the dutch and is definately good enough to hold down a first team spot with no zurab or ryan.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.