SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tugay Appreciation Society

Nayef

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tugay is one of Rovers' all time greats. A player of seeming infinite skill.

Hughes and his team are clearly working miracles on his 36 year old body and Toogs is playing with a vigour and freshness not seen for a long time.

I hope Tugay goes on forever, or at least until he is 40, but compatriate Basturk might be the man to fill Toog's boots.

I know this is Tugay's thread but watch this:

Edited by philipl

I'd expect little sense from you given your name. But (patient sigh) ...Sherwood had lots of qualities a strong captain, great playmaker and midfield general.....and the only guy to lift the Prem trophy along with Keane, Vierra and Terry. Just how goods that then?

And Bryan Robson. And Tony Adams.

I've always thought that! He should score more with his shooting.

Probably would if he was given the opportunity in the team.

However due to our labourius rhythm of atatcking and 'inability' to somehow create shooting chances at the edge or just outside of the box without a line of defenders getting in the way - unlike when opposing teams seem to manage at will against us.

Tugay is one of Rovers' all time greats. A player of seeming infinite skill.

Hughes and his team are clearly working miracles on his 36 year old body and Toogs is playing with a vigour and freshness not seen for a long time.

I hope Tugay goes on forever, or at least until he is 40, but compatriate Basturk might be the man to fill Toog's boots.

I know this is Tugay's thread but watch this:

I echo Basturk as TUGAY number 2

• 1 month later...

Got to agree, he is the classiest player I've seen in the middle in blue & white, look at what he did to Gerrard & Co. against the Mickey Mousers this season, he bossed it and megged him twice.

His goals are always spectacular and when he show boats it's even better.

Just goes to show though, when he did have a dip in form, how much did we miss him? There was a HUGE void in the middle.

The other things that I like about our Turkish Delight are his attitude, his loyalty and his enjoyment of the game, especially when we are doing well, however, when we have to get stuck in he's right in there!

Not sure how you replace a guy like him, they'll have to be class that's for sure.

Total Legend, one of the few where you'd hold his shirt number until he approves a suitable replacement.

Best playmaker since I began supporting the club in 1992. Classiest player and if he ever played for a bigger club on the world stage, his name would have been said in the same breath as some Brazilians Im sure.

A legend and I truly hope he keeps on playing for another season or two.

Guest Sanjeev Hassan

do you all share the love as me for tugay?

he is great. he passing the ball is world class and knows he knows how to shoot.

This might have been mentioned before, but a few months ago there was a programme on Sky One called the 50 greatest foreign Premiership players ever. How on earth Tugay wasn't even on the list is unbelievable!

6 great years and counting!

Because he plays for Rovers. If he had been playing for manure he would have been in.....whinge....moan....moan....moan...whinge etc

This might have been mentioned before, but a few months ago there was a programme on Sky One called the 50 greatest foreign Premiership players ever. How on earth Tugay wasn't even on the list is unbelievable!

6 great years and counting!

Who got on it then? I bet it was full of decent, but not great players like Wanchope, or anyone who has played for the big name clubs like Prunier.

Tugay should be worshiped in the same way as Man Utd worship Eric Cantona. If ever a club needed someone to worship its us.

Giddygoat mentioned sometime ago about producing T-Shirts in the style of Che Guevara with Tugays face on, they'd go down a treat, maybe someone with knowledge in this area could give us a shout on how we could do this.

For me his footballing ability is one thing but him celebrating with the fans on the pitch at the end of most seasons and the league cup semi final win will stay with me forever. Feynrd was just typical of the man and someone mentioned it was the first time radio Lancashire had actually commentated on the warm down!

Legend.

As people have said previously, if he had been playing for a "higher profile club" he would have got more recognition.

It is a real pleasure watching him play and I would happily travel to watch his farewell game (whenever that may be, hopefully a few years off yet).

Tugay should be worshiped in the same way as Man Utd worship Eric Cantona. If ever a club needed someone to worship its us.

Giddygoat mentioned sometime ago about producing T-Shirts in the style of Che Guevara with Tugays face on, they'd go down a treat, maybe someone with knowledge in this area could give us a shout on how we could do this.

For me his footballing ability is one thing but him celebrating with the fans on the pitch at the end of most seasons and the league cup semi final win will stay with me forever. Feynrd was just typical of the man and someone mentioned it was the first time radio Lancashire had actually commentated on the warm down!

Legend.

If someone makes a proper Tugay t-shirt I will order several!! Tugay is an absoulute legend. :rover:

Legend.

Absolutely Gav - legend isn't a strong enough accolade.

Love the t-shirt idea - can anyone make this happen?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.