BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sparky Wants Another New Striker?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Racing Santanderwant to partner him with Zigic. Remember him?

If Okkas doesn't work out, perhaps a move for Freddy Eastwood or Billy Sharp would be a good move. We could offer to part-exchange McEverley/Matteo/Derbyshire or even Gallagher.

Who's Billy Sharp?? I still think its ironic to say our youngsters at the club arent allowed there chance and they are untried at prem level and then we sign a whole bunch of players who are untried at prem level.

I still think trying to sign this Okkas player is a mistake as was the signing of Roberts (too much money)...

Agree with you though, Eastwood could be part exchanged as Southend seem to have real problems with there defence atm, bye bye Todd, Matteo, McEveley in a part exchange with maybe either Derbyshire or Gally on LOAN (ONLY) with them.

Or we could even break the bank and sign Long, Nugent, or some of the other younger more local players mentioned... The truth is we need some youth/speed in our squad as we seem to be going through the recruiting stage Bolton went through last season, signing older players... :ph34r:

Billy Sharpe is the man who put two past my local team Yeovil Town on Saturday. I agree with Billy there are good young strikers out there in the lower leagues who deserve a crack in the prem. Ie. Sharpe and Eastwood spring to mind.

Also has anyone seen Jarvis of Gillingham play? I haven't but he's meant to be a very pacey winger-something we could perhaps do with.

Billy Sharp plays for Scunthorpe, and is scoring goals for fun. Obviously a trial would be needed first to see if he can cope with the step up. Eastwood may be a safer otion, as would Nugent, but with the way Preston are going, we'd have to pay over the odds for someone in a team that looks like it may be division 1 champions. We don't have that sort of money.

We should try our youngsters more often in the until Janurary, so we can have a better picture of their abilities at the top level. No-one else is scoring, so why not?

We should try our youngsters more often in the until Janurary, so we can have a better picture of their abilities at the top level. No-one else is scoring, so why not?

You hit the nail on the head, i agree 100%

Also if these youngsters are going to cost less then going abroad for players then why not??

Edited by West Sussex Rover

Earnshaw could be worth a shout as well as Eastwood.

I'm still not sure why Earnshaw didn't make it at West Brom, his goalscoring record is excellent and Hughes knows him well from their time together with Wales.

I've watched Eastwood a few times and I have been impressed with his movement and all round contribution. He will make the step up soon.

I'm still not sure why Earnshaw didn't make it at West Brom, his goalscoring record is excellent and Hughes knows him well from their time together with Wales.

I've watched Eastwood a few times and I have been impressed with his movement and all round contribution. He will make the step up soon.

It would be good to see another British player in the Rovers team. In the 1995 title winning side, I can only remember one non-British player, Henning Berg.

:brfc:B)

'Ricky' post='463154' date='Nov 28 2006, 11:59 '

not sure about ernie. he's a decent goal-scoring record, but always seems a bit of a 'head-down merchant', to me (although, jansen was too- until christmas of the promotion season).

he doesnt seem aware of those around him, his link-up play is poor and is always offside (saying that, so is benni).

burnley'd be a step up from southend! :P

celtic have recently been linked with him. if i was him, -i'd want to get out of southend sharpish :D - seriously i'd go celtic, bang the goals in and then move to the prem. a word of caution though, we should remember he was playing in lge 2 not so long ago.

Edited by pleasure

Or we could even break the bank and sign Long, Nugent, or some of the other younger more local players mentioned... The truth is we need some youth/speed in our squad as we seem to be going through the recruiting stage Bolton went through last season, signing older players... :ph34r:

Nugent would be a great signing I saw him play for England U21. How much would he cost and would Preston sell him?

Don't think they'd sell in Janurary unless the offer was silly money or someone like Liverpool/Man Utd etc were interested. They're on a good run of form at the moment, and look like they might go up.

Eastwood or Sharp would be more attainable, especially if we can convince deadwood like Matteo to make the opposite move as a part exchange.

What about a cheeky loan bid for Defoe, apparently he's on the fringes again at Tottenham.

Amen to that if he hasn't already gone to United come the 31st of January. It would be like having Bellers back.

If Nonda fails to start scoring on a regular basis, how about a cheeky bid for James Beattie (there are rumours Everton are willing to loan him out)? He's been terrible at Everton, but their horrible style of play and 4-5-1 formation do not suit him at all.

Maybe a move back to his hometown club would get his career back on track. There's no doubt a fit and confident Beattie would be a useful weapon for us.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.