BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers 2 - 0. Fulham Fc

If we get the 3rd i can see hughes introducing the 3 young lads, would be good to see one of them getting on the scoresheet to boost their confidence.

We really do need the 3rd to put fulham to bed, not that they have even had a shot (on or off target) yet. Ooh hang on, maybe thats a shot, about halfway between goal post and corner flag!

Very Impressive Performance for the first 45. The Defence hardly tested and Brad's got his deckchair out.

2 slightly fortunate goals but still you have to be in the positions to score them!

Mr Bennett hasn't been that kind to us in terms of free kicks and missing the penalty decision. Easy for Rovers in this half, i doubt it'll be anywhere near as easy in the second half!

Half Time Stats

Goal Attempts 5 : 1 Goal Attempts

On Target 3 : 0 On Target

Crosses 5 : 6 Crosses

Corners 1 : 1 Corners

Offside 2 : 2 Offside

Fouls 9 : 4 Fouls

Free kicks 7 : 11 Free kicks

Yellow cards 1 : 0 Yellow cards

% Possession 54 : 46 Possession %

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fulham (like every team in the prem) can play some good football......lets hope rovers go for the kill, loosen up, move the ball around and put another 2 past em....having said that id be over moon if we win 2-1 after fulham are denied an obvious penalty and ian pearce gets sent off for waving to the fans in the darwen end.

ian pearce gets sent off for waving to the fans in the darwen end.

I know ref's are getting strict but sending him off for that would be taking things to far! I'll settle for him bringing down derbyshire when he is through on goal.

Henchoz booked for erm nothing......assistant didn't even flag for the free kick he gave :angry:

edit: Ref's having a right mare, he has at last found his balls and booked a fulham player

edit: Boa Morte off for radzinski and Helguson off for McBride

Edited by modes98

Fulham's best spell of the game, rovers still sound very comfortable.

Rovers subs getting warmed up, would like to see Peter and Derbs given a run out for MGP and Nonda.

Fulham's goal keeper's day gets better as he crashes straight through Ian Pearce and sends him crashing to the deck.

edit: Final Change for Fulham, Collins John off for Wayne Routledge

Edited by modes98

Derbs is coming on for Benni

MOM to Benni Mc, attendance: 16,799

3 points, good performance, rubbish ref! Personal MOM to Bentley who put in a tugayesk performance.

Well Done lads!

Full Time Stats

Goal Attempts 11 : 4 Goal Attempts

On Target 7 : 2 On Target

Crosses 16 : 23 Crosses

Corners 3 : 2 Corners

Offside 2 : 2 Offside

Fouls 19 : 12 Fouls

Free kicks 15 : 21 Free kicks

Yellow cards 2 : 2 Yellow cards

% Possession 52 : 48 Possession %

full time 2-0. a good result what we would expect realy, hopefully we can continue this a win the games in hand to clime back up the table. very poor attendance hopefully that will go up when beckham and dunn sign in january :P

Interesting to hear that Bentley played so well in the centre and Emerton on the right. Bit of a headache when Tugay returns for Nancy.

Great result. McCarthy sounds like he was excellent, Nonda was not quite so convincing.

Gallagher has to be on his way out unfortunately. Not even used as a sub with no first team players fit ahead of him in the pecking order.

Guess who was Rovers poorest player.. not even going to comment.

Emerton was great on the wing and Benni was good upfront. Take Nondas goal away and he was not that good.

Fulham were crap though, probably the worst team Rovers have played this season, hence the number of chances.

I have it on my mobile, can bluetooth it to anyone in the Jack Walker Upper on Saturday. My phone is called Ozz.

I tried and couldn't find it. Possibly because my phone found over 100 people who did have bluetooth (and some laptops from the media types!).

Having said that, I don't know what I would have done even if I did find your phone!

Never mind, could you put the song on the net anywhere to download or email it?

As for the game, happy my 2-0 prediction was right - thats three points lifting us to joint 14th by my reckoning.

Don't forget that Fulham only brought less than 100 fans!!! It is as much thier lack of support that reflects badly on our figures.

Don't forget that Fulham only brought less than 100 fans!!! It is as much thier lack of support that reflects badly on our figures.

Cold comfort Wolverine,I do also believe there were Kids from local schools at Ewood today in the BBE upper and JW outer.....frightening attendance when you take that into consideration.

The reality of today game at Ewood Park is that Rovers got 3 points.

There is no point in moaning about the crowd, its the lead up to Christmas FFS.

There is no point in moaning about the performance, a win was all that was needed and in fact the weather was atrocious.

For me, I would like to point out the following.

Brad was his usual, calm and collective goalkeeping with a marvellous save at the end. It was really all he had to do all game.

Henchoz and Andre were very comfortable against a rugged and hardworking set of front men both who were good in the air and not afraid to put the boot or head in. Back in defence Gray also played particularly well, I will mention LN later.

In the middle, we saw the type of player Bentley will become under Mark Hughes. He was simply a class act. He has the skill and movement, he just needs to work a little on his vision. Savage was his usual workaholic, very unlcuky with his booking which I will mention later. Bert was in his element whulst MGP flattered to deceive again.

Up front the Benni and Nonda show clicked and both snaffled good goal scorers goals. Both looked hungry and up for it despite the cold weather.

So then, what do I make of LN today ? I clamoured for the armband to be removed from him and I also clamoured for him to be benched at best. I am pleased to say that I was wrong and should really make the most of seeing him play out the last of his 6 games in a blue and white shirt before he moves to Anfield. He worked his socks off and deserved a goal. He was my MOTM.

Thats the players, now the crowd. 132 fans from the city came to Ewood to add to our faithful following. People can whinge all they like, its Christmas and all crowds for clubs like ours going to be affected, it happens every single year. It wil happen again when Newcastle arrive on Saturday. We normally see 7000 of the bar codes but as it stands they have sold just less than 2000 tickets for the game.

NOW my biggest gripe about today. The referee BENNETT. What a kukin clown he is. When Savo made that tackle, referee Bennett moved 14yards at break neck speed, like a gazelle making off from a tiger, hand on whistle, other hand in shorts and pencil being sharpened by his ego. He slammed on right in Savos face and brandished the yellow card before anyone could say anything about anything. If anyone else recalls he did exactly the same with Savo in his first tackle of a game earlier on this season (I think). he hates Savo and every first challenge he seems to make with this muppet in charge is met with a yellow card. On the other hand if your a Fulham player, it seemed that you could do anything you wanted and get away with it. I mean the wardrobe that is DIOP. 6 fouls, all worthy of individual cards. Brown, 4 fouls likewise, Pearce and Rosenior alike, Helguson should have been sent off TWICE !

The guy is a complete tosser and should not referee top flight games.

END of GRIPES, just happy with the 3 points. Come on Rovers bring on the bar codes :brfc:

good comfortable win. could’ve easily been 5 or 6, but burt, ped and benni missed absolute sitters.

fulham offered little. rovers only had to contend with a couple of free-kicks (and they were dubious).

benni, burt (he looked as confident as i've ever seen him, on the right wing) and henchoz were superb, but bentley was exceptional and ran the game from the centre of the park.

good to see matty derbyshire. i think he should be given a game against 'nancy and lorraine'.

i could comment about the abysmal crowd and referee, but it's all been covered before.

lets hope today's game is the start of something. our next 3 lge games (charlton, newcastle and reading)

are certainly all winnable.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.