BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Scrap Hots Up

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they will get rid of Les Reed. I'm sure I read somewhere that he had been given a fairly long contract.

i think they will have to get rid of him, with him in charge they looked doomed for the championship. I reckon they will apoint Alan Pardew, and i have heard the supporters were shouting for his name at last nights match

I heard somewhere that Charlton said there will be no more managerial changes this season.

You heard right USA....

Asked about the possibility of changing the club's manager early in the new year if results do not improve, Varney (Charlton chief exec) said - and later reaffirmed: "We won't. We are very confident this situation will turn around here."

Full article courtesy of Football365

I was having a look at odds on who will go down.

4/1 on Boro seems a decent bet. They dont look like picking up alot of points. They have some decent players i.e. Yakubu, Viduka and Downing but they do seem to have some crap as well.

I was having a look at odds on who will go down.

4/1 on Boro seems a decent bet. They dont look like picking up alot of points. They have some decent players i.e. Yakubu, Viduka and Downing but they do seem to have some crap as well.

What price were we? :ph34r:

• 1 month later...

Anybody still interested in looking at the relegation scrap? No, like me are you more interested in closing in on Notlob & Pompey?

Topic was started on 26 Nov, but now if we win our game in hand tomorrow we will be 3 points off Pompey in 6th!!

Little old Blackburn Rovers are very fortunate to Mark Hughes and his team, whose work ethic is fantastic.

West Ham will probably be like Pompey, in that they'll scrape past the post, and then surprise people next season. The way things are going, I'd say the 3 going down are: Watford, Wigan and Charlton. Villa will halt their slide, Fulham will finish where they are, and Boro and Newcastle will battle for 13th place.

I would like West Ham to go down , and it's not because of Lucash, i've never really liked West ham.

I think Charlton will pull clear.After watching some of Wigans performances of late, it's not looking good for them.

Honest predction.

West ham

Watford

Wigan.........WWW(THE THREE W'S)

Wishful thinking......I've prefer Man City to go down ,rather than Wigan.

Watford look like they've gone, it's not looking good for Wigan but Charlton might yet give West Ham a run for their money.

I think it will be Watford, Charlton and Wigan down although I hope it's Watford Charlton and West Ham (not because of Lucas but because it's a crap journey, crap place, and we always always lose there)

Didn't honestly think we'd be looking down on it from quite such a distance quite so soon. Amazing what 15 points out of 21 can do!

The players have answered my original question in some style!

The confidence of the last few posts will look misplaced if we complete a bottom three run of defeats by losing at Watford tonight.

At the moment it certainly looks like Watford and any two from Wigan, West Ham, Charlton and Sheff U.

For any other club to fall through the 9 point gap between them and 18th, they will have to go on a Wigan-esque long run of straight defeats.

I'd be OK with the three southern clubs currently at the bottom going down but I can see no way Wigan will be good enough to survive. Paul Jewell has a track record of second season up relegation and having no idea how to stop the rot.

The only hope for sending West Ham down is for Charlton and Sheff U to have more guts and enough quality than the WHammers and whilst Sheff U have the guts, Charlton don't have the quality.

So Watford, Wigan and Charlton (on the basis Sheff U are starting with the points advantage) will be visiting what's left of t'Turf next season.

watford are doomed in all fairness and imo i think the other 2 relegation spots will be contested by charlton, west ham, wigan, sheff utd and fulham and it will probably go to the wire.

watford: are to far behind imo, have put in some decent displays but can't pick up any points. they don't score enough goals (12 all season) and with young on his bike it's curtains.

charlton: with the managerial circus at the valley they end up with smug face pardew who i just dislike!! they have a good keeper with carson between the sticks and a on fire darren bent could turn their season around but due to his lengthy injury and the squad being very weak due to some awful signings imo, they will struggle. the worst defense in the league by conceding 43 goals in 24 games however they did have a good result at fratton park though last weekend and had a clean sheet, it just depends if they can build on the result.

west ham: with curbs in charge and having the Icelandic backer behind you it's difficult to see them go down though it would be happy days if they did. they have a half decent squad and curbs is making the correct team selections and has bought well in all honestly with neill and boa morte to see them avoid the drop imo.

wigan: on a massive losing streak and things look to have gone tits up. i don't think they will get rid of paul jewell but if the run continues there will have to be questions asked. henri camara could maybe be the Saviour when he returns from injury but if they dont stop the rot soon they are going to plummet to the bottom of the table.

sheff utd: warnock is another i dislike :P if they are to survive, they have to win their home games at bramble lane which is a tough place to go to have any chance. they certainly look up for the fight as at reading suggests. :lol:

fulham: losing their captain boa morte was a massive blow. niemi is out injured for a while and the reserve keeper looks proper rubbish to me. coleman should steer the ship home alright but i got a feeling they will be down there come the wire.

so for my conclusion i'm sitting on the fence ;)

I'd love to see Sheffield United stay up as they are the team furthest behind us in terms of quality. I'd most like to see West Ham go down as they are certainly underperforming and with their new financial strength could easily pass us in years to come.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.