BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Come On In Number 5

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fancy a draw and a replay. Could go either way.

Dunno the stats on this (maybe someone could come up with the details) but I dont remember the last time we drew someone outside the top 2 divisions in the fa cup ... ball number 5 is definately not one of the heated ones!

Looking forward to that one. Should be a cracking traditional good old day out if it's not moved from 3 p.m Saturday.

I doubt it will be as Liverpool play Arsenal and that will most likely be on the Sunday therefore Everton should play on the Saturday.

What a crap draw. Thats us probably out.

At least it would give us time to concentrate on the league and UEFA cup.

Probably better if we make a quick exit. You don't want to be fighting on too many fronts with depleted forces. :rolleyes:

When we had been relegated back in 1966, Everton away was the only first division draw we ever seemed to get in the FA Cup.

Certainly remember a 3-0 defeat and a 2-0 defeat at Goodison.

There was a cracking game in the 80s : 3 - 1. That was when we were mid-table in Div 2 and Everton were a top side in Div 1 (with Lineker et al). Think they got to the final that year. Seem to remember they went two up then we had a purple patch for 15 mins culminating in Windy skinning his full back, his cross met beautifully by Pat van den Hauwe (just ahead of SG I think) and bulleting into the top corner. We were optimistic for a few minutes after that till that bloody crisp advertiser got Everton's third.

There was a cracking game in the 80s : 3 - 1. That was when we were mid-table in Div 2 and Everton were a top side in Div 1 (with Lineker et al). Think they got to the final that year. Seem to remember they went two up then we had a purple patch for 15 mins culminating in Windy skinning his full back, his cross met beautifully by Pat van den Hauwe (just ahead of SG I think) and bulleting into the top corner. We were optimistic for a few minutes after that till that bloody crisp advertiser got Everton's third.

Around 5-6,000 Rovers fans there that day-I went on the coach, they were tons of them lined up along Stanley Park. That was a superb Everton team, I remember watching Lineker and thinking how awesome his finishing was.

The jug-earred @@@@.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.