BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vote For New Kit For 2007-8

key76

Home - Seeing some attempt to be creative with the classic halves on no. 2, applause for the effort IMO. I like it but theres not much separating the home shirts.

Away - I like all of them, but not the man city reference on #1. Should have been orange there instead. Like #2 as it works best with the fugly bet24 logo, but its the poorest of the 3. #3 is pretty good, but I don't like the AC Milan resemblance.

So 2 and 3 I guess it has to be.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there an advantage from having the sleeves the same colour as the body? Hence on the white half have white sleeves and on the blue half with blue sleeves also.

Would it have been easier for the officials against Spurs (when Mido caught the ball and threw it down) if the sleeves were a different colour, to have spotted a hand ball?

I think many years ago circa 1900's this was the kit?

2 and 3 all the way.

can we vote for a new sponsor please! ;)

It's fugly. Why do clubs like Chelsea, Arsenal, and Manchester United get sponsors which fit in seemlessly with their shirt design? Hell, I would even like the rectangle AMD Processors or HSA sponsors back. The current one looks way out of whack. I hope it is changed next season.

Anyway, I dislike the first home shirt. The red at the top looks tacky. It's hard to choose because I don't really like the funny things they are trying to do with the curvy designs these days, but number two just gets the nod.

I like the red and black halves a lot, but I have to choose number one because I love the black and sky blue combination. It looks really pleasing on the eye and it may well be one of our best away shirts for me. I'm not a fan of orange, but I'm not set against it. It would be good to have it in honour of Ooijer, as someone said above.

To reiterate: 2 & 1.

3 and 3. Good idea going with the halves

Although you do get the feeling you are being ripped off. It is an outrage that we should change both kits every year. It certainly devalues the shirts in my opinion. Always used to buy the home shirt on release now not a chance. Last week when back in england I visited the club shop and picked up the black away kit from last season for 8quid. It doesn't feel too outdated as we were still playing in it 6 months ago.

Are we the only club to change both each yr ?

Well, can't we make a mix of home kit 1 and 3? I like the red triangle as we had in 94/95/96, but I dislike the curles on the side, that's better in 3. Although, there appears to be a slight change in blueness, so that's why I prefer 1.

Away, well, as long as it won't be 2, it's fine by me. I like 1 better.

1 and 1.

Home 2 and away 3 for me also.

Agree its a bit of a rip off changing the kits every year but the club have stated for the past couple of years that is how it they are going to do it. The first year wasn't so bad as the shirt was only about £20 - so you could understand the marketing and them changing it but now the prices have increased back to the normal £30+ mark and it will soon (if not already) really annoy supporters and stop many people buying any at all. :angry:

Whats wrong with changing every 2 years like most clubs do. I'm sure the club will make more money as supporters will more likely part with cash if they know it will be worn by the players for 2 years. I may be wrong but I thought there was Premier League regulations that state that home shirts must not change for 2 years at a time.

Edited by Mansfield Blue

Home: i'm torn between 1 and 3 actually. 3 looks kinda minimalist/modern, while 1 recreates to some extent the kit we had in one of our most successful periods. i think i'll go for 3 though, but it was close.

Away: 1 again looks very decent. If it was to be polled against any other option but 3, i'd definitely have gone for it. But, given the eternity we've waited for red/black halves, surely surely its got to be 3? 1 could be a third kit, but i hope we keep the red/black halves for good.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.