BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sponsor A Fan This Christmas

That really is a good idea USA, I'll be happy to chip in a few quid.

First thought: is that two adjacent tickets need to bought so that whoever gets one isn't sitting on their lonesome - that might be pretty lonely & daunting for a youngster, it would be better if they were with a school mate.

Second thought: what is needed is someone on here who is a teacher in a school in a run-down area, or knows someone who does the job, so that they can contact the Head to ask the question "Who would like to go to see Rovers, but can't afford it?"

Third thought: won't the parents/guardians of the kids have to give their consent for them to go to Ewood? Will there be problems with this? If some kid gets a ticket to a game then surely a parent will have to sign a "release clause" or something similar. We have to do this every time the daughter goes away with The Guides. Who will do this?

Sorry about all the negativity.

Anyhow, hope it gets off the ground.

Mmmm. Good thought s Colin. I really hope I did not open a can of worms here. I had no idea there would be any real issues, suppose I did not think it through but then again it was an impulse from the heart so.....

I guess I had an idealistic image on my mind of dad off to the footy and little Jimmy (or Jimmyette) being left behind, or little Jimmy's(ette's) best mate and his Dad off to watch and the poor sod is left behind. Helping someone like that was my thought.

Hopefully someting like that can be acheived, if not then surely a child at Ewood who would otherwise stayed at hope is fine.

I don't know, I'm rambling a bit, hope it does not get too complex, it's why I asked for ideas.

A talking horse

Nah! that's MR Ed, silly.

Edited by USABlue

Third thought: won't the parents/guardians of the kids have to give their consent for them to go to Ewood? Will there be problems with this? If some kid gets a ticket to a game then surely a parent will have to sign a "release clause" or something similar. We have to do this every time the daughter goes away with The Guides. Who will do this?

I ha a season ticket when I was under the age of sixteen and my parents/guardian did not have to sign anything.

Just seen this thread, how much would a halfseason ticket cost for a young boy?

edit: I would chip in to a paypal account, if someone would take the responsibility to find suitable children to donate tickets to. And suitable parents who are willing to let their kid reiceve the free tickets, I'm sure there's plenty of people too proud to do such a thing.

Edited by herbergeehh

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.