SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton V Blackburn

Eddie

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of Rovers fans seem to be unerestimating the threat of Charlton Athletic at their home ground. Although I would expect a Rovers win this place has never proved a haven for Rovers wins over the years, even when we have been comfortably ahead !

I would be happy with a 1-0 scrappy win but can see Rovers struggling to cope with both reid and rohmedal

The Addicks haven't won in ages and low and behold they are playing Rovers. :unsure:

4-0 Charlton.....2 red cards for Rovers.

You missed out the "ball to hand" penalty incident given against Rovers.

Edited by Fife Rover

BRFC being a soft touch and out muscled and out fought and out efforted(?) written all over this one. Charlton will be wound up to the top for thsi match so for the first 60 mins I'd drop one of the two black pearls and replace him with Bentley behind the striker but as the attack supporting point of central midfield, put Peter on the left wing and Gamst on the RW with the Axe and Sav as midfield growlers to draw their fire.

65 mins and depending on the situation of the game of course return to 4-4-2 with Tugay and the dropped forward / Jeffers being introduced to the game.

Easy innit.............. from a keyboard.

You are right Roverite.

Year in year out we went to the Valley, played well, they played badly and we lost.

Sparky has cut out some of the stupid defeats but we are going to have to fight very very hard to win this one.

You are wrong Roverite. Charlton 3 - Rovers 4, 1958. I wuz there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rovers promoted to old 1st div and Charlton stayed down when they only needed a draw to pip us to it. Gerrrinnn thur y' bewty!!!!!!!!

I think he's talking about Charlton :)

Oops! See what you mean, silly me :wstu:

Edited by Fife Rover

I think we are certainly guaranteed that LN will see red following the yellow card.

Rovers will continue to acrue the records for the most off sides in Benni !

We wont keep a clean sheet tonight, you can feel it :unsure:

Booked for winning the ball on the half way line.

Eh? He wasn't near the ball. Couple of poor interventions by Neill. Likewise some below par performances by Chris, Bentley and Gamst. Not looking very good if you ask me, but it could go either way.

Btw Nonda looks a little disinterested, doesn't work as hard as Benni IMO, and has been offside twice, whereas Benni once.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.