BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 1- 3 Newcastle

ihtd

On Radio Lancs today MH said he was pleased with the quality of EUFA refereeing, in that, unlike in the Premiership, the refs are making decisons based on what is happening rather than the reputation of the club.

MH says that Hackett admitted this might be the case in the Premiership.

Something that crossed my mind too. Apart from blowing his whistle a taj too long he got most things right and was a refreshing change from the over officious egotistical prats that we get every Saturday. We used to dread foreign refs in the 60's and 70's as they were petty and taken in by time waisters and divers. Now they are well in front of our shower. The guy flashed yellow for both time wasting and diving yesterday! How refreshing was that? :tu:

The 1994 WC in USA was the watershed imo, ridiculously stringent rules to accomodate a nation that doesn't bother much with football that everybody ignored once the WC was over....... except our lot who took it all in and adopted it hook line and sinker. I maybe being vindictive but it's so good to see that major tournaments usually end up with our refereeing representative making complete tossers of themselves and coming home in disgrace. :wstu::lol:

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something that crossed my mind too. Apart from blowing his whistle a taj too long he got most things right and was a refreshing change from the over officious egotistical prats that we get every Saturday. We used to dread foreign refs in the 60's and 70's as they were petty and taken in by time waisters and divers. Now they are well in front of our shower. The guy flashed yellow for both time wasting and diving yesterday! How refreshing was that? :tu:

The 1994 WC in USA was the watershed imo, ridiculously stringent rules to accomodate a nation that doesn't bother much with football that everybody ignored once the WC was over....... except our lot who took it all in and adopted it hook line and sinker. I maybe being vindictive but it's so good to see that major tournaments usually end up with our refereeing representative making complete tossers of themselves and coming home in disgrace. :wstu::lol:

Bloody Hell TND I agree whole heartedly :tu:

Was mentioning this before the Nancy game - my view is that the officials are looking for something that is not there rather than refereeing to what they actually see ie oh, there is one man on the floor and another still running so there must have been a foul etc.

This may not be the refs or linemans fault though - moreso the watching eyes putting the pressure on that they MUST make a decision regardless.

I think Im gooing soft or something.

Ive agreed with bluephil AND drog in the space of 24 hours.

Call me a doctor. :lol:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.