SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 1- 3 Newcastle

ihtd

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely shocking and a continuation of the Charlton game.

A bunch of nervous jittery players who can,t wait to get rid of the ball anywhere.

For goodness sake Nonda & McCarthy watch the game and get onside.

Looks like a drubbing in the second half unless we show some spirit and fight.

Painful to watch no wonder the ground looks half empty. :(

woeful first half, possibly the worst 45 minutes Ive seen from us.

if anyone thinks we arent in real trouble or we are too good to go down, get real cause with the injuries we have had we are literally down to the point where out of form players are playing every week in our team.

unless we strengthen with a couple of signings in January and I mean early January and get Reid, Nelsen and Roberts back, dont be expecting much.

Woeful, inept, poor, not even motivated to play is all I can say about the first 45.

Bloke on RR just said 10 men?? No fear, knew we'd lose this one. Someone sent off?

Never mind found out, Henchoz sent off.

Problem here is team morale and it is Hughes fault. Sticking with MGP who is ######, will affect the effort of the other players, also having a short timer Neill as captain. As I type MGP has just smacked one home, I told you he was brilliant HEh HEh

Edited by USABlue

Silver lining is that Charlton and M'boro are losing and hopefully Liverpool and Reading can beat Fulham and Watford respectively. That would mean only Newcastle go past us in the table.

Hopefully Hughes can do something about this bunch of uninterested "footballers" and make the team to fight for their faces on the second half. Scoring twice seems impossible, but good performance would perhaps create something towards the Reading game.

One player isnt going to change this...

makes you wonder what's changed since last season!! I think we've seen this before when Hughes was in charge of Wales

Three big things have changed since last season.

a) We have lost Bellamy

B) Nelsen and Reid, two of out best players (Nelsen arguably THE best) have been injured for the long term.

c) We have played six games in the UEFA cup.

All of those things are outside Hughes control. What is within Hughes' control is who he brought in, and I would say that broadly speaking he has done a good job on the money available, which is not much. Jeffers, Henchoz and Nonda were free, while Roberts and Benni seem worth their low fees.

The one serious accusation that we can level is he did not bring in a quality central midfielder. Virtually everybody on the board was suprised by that. A player with a real engine in the middle and some passing ability to compliment Savage would have been a real advantage.

If we lose today, which we almost certainly will, then Hughes will for the first time start feeling some pressure.

The one serious accusation that we can level is he did not bring in a quality central midfielder. Virtually everybody on the board was suprised by that. A player with a real engine in the middle and some passing ability to compliment Savage would have been a real advantage.

If we lose today, which we almost certainly will, then Hughes will for the first time start feeling some pressure.

to be fair to hughes, he was probably banking on that midfielder being reid.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.