SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn 1- 3 Newcastle

ihtd

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rovers... Rovers... Rovers... Rovers... Rovers... Rovers... Rovers... Rovers... Rovers... Rovers... Rovers... Rovers... Rovers... Rovers... Rovers... Rovers... Rovers... Rovers... Rovers... Rovers... Rovers... Rovers... Rovers... Rovers... Rovers...

Who to blame now?

His name is dermot and he hates the rovers. Along with his assistants today he managed to totally screw us over.

Second half display was one to be proud of, but considering the first maybe we didn't deserve anything.

At least we showed fight and at least MGP played well (don't worry he won't be back in my fantasy team and Benni will be dropped). If we can play like we did in the second half for the rest of the season we'll be fine.

Friedel went up front for the corner and then on the counter Martins slotted it in with no keeper after rounding a couple of defenders.

2ND HALF PERFORMANCE IN TERMS OF FIGHT WAS MAGNIFICENT.

Makes you wonder where the hell the spirit was for the first 45 minutes. Given made a world class tip over from a Gamst shoulder.

Benny ran his socks off up front but largely running around and had no gas left when the ball dropped to him 12 yards off and mis controlled it.

Savage who was invisible in the first half was brilliant in the 2nd.

All the lads showed up for the 2nd half but based on the first half we dug too deep a hole.

Overall massively poor first half, improved 2nd half, but the trend is that we are not winning games.

If we can play like we did in the second half for the rest of the season we'll be fine.

Your sounding like Mark Hughes Eddie! That must be about the tenth game this season at least where we havent shown up first half. Its like the players need a rollicking from the gaffer to even start a match.

We lost again, and the only reason we probably won't go down is because there are at least three awful teams who are worse than us in the league right now-although one of whom beat us on Tuesday.

Edited by Somerset Rover!

Oh, I'm not saying that we are not in serious trouble, anyone who was in the chat room during the match will know that. However, I was encouraged by that second half and it is up to Hughes to prove his worth at this point and show us that he can get the team to perform like that for entire matches and not just when they feel like it.

As i said eddie, it couldn't get any worse. The more i hear on Radio Rovers and from you on Five Live the more annoyed i am getting at Dermot and his inept performance!

Pathetic to Sublime, it's a game of 2 halves! Lets hope we can take this into the Nancy game.

We need to show the fight and determination we showed in the second half for a whole 90 minutes.

This is Hughes' biggest test in management so far, lets see if he ever responds. We need to get back to basics (concentrating on the oppostion having no time on the ball).

Edited by frosty

I'd prefer it could take it into the Reading game.

It's about building game by game! If we get thrashed by nancy i doubt rovers would be feeling great for reading. You have to remember Reading are a decent team who are on top form.

Beat Nancy and then it puts us on a good footing to go and do reading!

We are in a real relegation battle now time to admit it and start doing something about it. we need to try and hold on until january when we get are injured playerrs back. I also thikn we need to be bringing people in early january. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE hughes get beckham.

The game was lost due to a totally inept first half performance...the angry reaction from the Rovers crowd at half time was totally justified.Better second half but we must learn to be motivated from the start not just for 45 minutes!!!

With injuries and suspensions Its all a bit of a mess really.

Our next three games of Reading away,Arsenal away and Liverpool at home look like a mountain to climb right now. :(

The game was lost due to a totally inept first half performance...the angry reaction from the Rovers crowd at half time was totally justified.Better second half but we must learn to be motivated from the start not just for 45 minutes!!!

With injuries and suspensions Its all a bit of a mess really.

Our next three games of Reading away,Arsenal away and Liverpool at home look like a mountain to climb right now. :(

Gonna get worse before it gets better init. 19000 on today, how many rovers fans 15,000? HEard the officials had a stinker too, not using it as an excuse but isn't it getting a bit repetitive.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.