BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Reading 1 Rovers 2

philipl

I'll second this sentiment! Top bloke Handbags (even though I'm usually sceptical of these cross dressing types ;) Seriously, though, what's the handbags moniker about, if anything?

DanLad

PS A mate of mine is mad for the grannies and is now doubly looking forward to the stag do!

Very kind of you both to say so, but how do you know if I'm telling the truth? ;)

As for the name, it was something that was coined a couple of years ago when I got absolutely bollocksed one night. We ended up going to Walkabout (the one I mentioned behind Yates's in an earlier post). To cut a long story short, Cotton Eye Joe by Rednecks came on, and myself and Compo's Hat off Hob Nob Anyone? (www.royals.org) started going mental to it. I basically knocked some birds glass of wine out of her hand and all over her front, and she took exception to it. So she started having a bit of a go, and it got physical on her part. Another poster on Hob Nob Anyone? (now banned) coined the name after it was described to him as handbags at ten paces. And no, I didn't offer to buy her a replacement.

Pity really, I remember the girl being quite pretty. I wish I'd knocked her friends glass though, she was the better looking one, and also appeared to have no bra on under her white top.

As for crossdressing? I can say with 100% certainty I have never had an inclination to replace my regular jeans and t-shirt with a skirt and blouse!!

Oh, and your mate should get into Brannigans in The Oracle (you'll even meet Compo's Hat in there probably, he works there) or Reflex. We don't call Brannigans Grab-a-Grans for nothing. Or shenanigans. reflex is just tacky though.

Edited by handbags_harris

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any other issues about The Madejski you wish to raise, please just ask. I'll happily help.

What's your thoughts on the car parks near the ground? Driving the this one and aiming to arrive about 1:30 and know from my experience at London Irish games that there's car parks along imperial way @ £7. But are these open to the general public or do they sell out in advance? My other option is to park at three mile cross and walk across. Any thoughts appreciated.

Good preview there. The reverse fixture, so to speak, is here.

See you on Saturday.

Good read that Royal. You seem like a decent bunch. Hope for a good game and a Rovers win as it's on telly over here and I am sick of seeing us losing every time we're on. Buggars up my whole day.

Further to HH's post above there is engineering works in the Clapham Junction area tomorrow, and the trains from CJ to Reading are slow at the best of times. I would get the tube and the train from Paddington.

Link to engineering works.

Enjoy your trip guys. (but not too much)

You have just saved me major hassle tomorrow - many thanks.

Looking forward to the trip to reading tomorrow, should be a good day out with the lads before christmas (my last game for a month!! :( )

c'mon Rovers! I've never got it right with my score predictions so far, so I'm hoping for an early christmas present from Rovers tomorrow

Reading 0 - 2 Rovers

Derbyshire 34 (although 'the Nonda' will probably start..)

Savage 67

:rover:

see you all tomorrow!

Btw I got a spare ticket for tomorrows match, since a member of the norwegian supporters club had to stay back in Norway. Its an adult ticket, but I will sell it cheaper than the normal price. Please contact me on PM if anyone is interested!

cheers

Edited by pks1984

Btw I got a spare ticket for tomorrows match, since a member of the norwegian supporters club had to stay back in Norway. Its an adult ticket, but I will sell it cheaper than the normal price. Please contact me on PM if anyone is interested!

cheers

Hi pks

not quite Amsterdam, Reading will be very different; I doubt if Berkshire will have anyone to challenge the famous Gabrielle!!!

We can all say yet again this is a vital one, and it is.

We play away against a newly promoted side, and we need to win this. Nothing less. But we'll probably get an early red, a bizar injury, disallowed goal and ofcourse a penalty kick against us. So, we'll lose. By a one goal margin.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.