SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Reading 1 Rovers 2

philipl

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does that line up? Neill at RM, or Neill/Ooijer/Todd as an anchorman? Or are we playing a 3-5-2/3-6-1 ? Or perhaps Gray at LM, with Gamst upfront? Or Gamst at RM with Bentley upfront... meh, I have no idea.

Edited by Lathund

Very strange line up. First sign of desperation by Hughes? I remember the days when no-one had a clue what our lineup would look like when Souness was in charge.

Having said that, Hughes must try something, because what we have done lately surely aint working.

We obviously don't have anyone other than Benni likely to score so why bother with two up front away from home?

4-5-1 (I guess it's that???) is a good decision for this game considering how woeful our recent performances away from home playing 4-4-2 again. Rather amazed Jay is in the side though. Pedersen in central midfield with either Gray or McEveley on the left wing?

I'm guessing that McEveley will be on the left wing and Gamst up front. Jay on the wing would make sense (in a way) because apparently he was quite good going forward against Nancy but worrying defensively.

It's a bold move by Hughes - whatever that move may be.

Mokoena injured? Matteo makes the bench, one for the scrap-book.

Edited by rover6

Charlton losing at home to Liverpool 0-3.

Good news.

Oh great...are we back to the days of worrying how the teams in the relegation zone do?

All we need now is for Hughes to pick three centre halves and three left-sided players in the starting lineup and it will be like the end of the Souness era!

Hey, wait a minute.... :lol:

Or 5-4-1 even?

I'm a little suprised, I take it the Axe is unfit or he would certianly start in a 451.

Bizzare lineup. i can't quite believe McEverley is playing.

Maybe:

-------------McCarthy

---Gray--------------------Bentley

---------Pedersen Tugay

----------------Savage

----McEverly Todd Ooijer Neill

------------------Freidal

This is a bit of a slap in the face for Peter if it is 451

Edited by joey_big_nose

Comes live at Canal+ in Finland and they've drawn the formation as 4-1-4-1

Friedel

Neill-Ooijer-Todd-Gray

Tugay

Bentley-Savage-Gamst-McEveley

McCarthy

But I guess we'll just need to wait and see what it actually is.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.