BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pardew

den

Why not ? The club is in freefall at the moment.

Don't you think it would be more damaging to restructure now? Just look at Charlton. And the core of the team - Savage, Nelsen, Ooijer, Reid - are all likely to be very loyal to Hughes so it could result in an exodus.

If we are in the relegation zone come January you will have a case, but for now it is inconclusive.

And the big question is there anyone out there who is better than Hughes who is going to come to Rovers?

Edited by joey_big_nose

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is certainly too soon to be getting rid of Hughes, but I certainly think that he should consider his job to be in danger and that if he doesn't turn things around in the next couple of months that things should be seriously looked at. I was one of those who stuck by Souness to the end and can now say that I was wrong to have done so, we all need to be careful that we don't do the same thing with Hughes and get rid when the rot begins to set in, not when it has already done so. As I said, I'm not advocating getting rid of him at this moment in time, but he certainly isn't that far from being in a position where a replacement will be needed.

Sometimes I'm amazed at the tripe you post. What makes it worse is that people jump on the bandwagon making for some very frustrating reading.

In this instance James is clearly on a wind up. If we had to get fat Freddy to take Souness off our hands when but for the grace of god he nearly sent us down, then started next season in exactly the same way, Hughes obviously has nothing to worry about for a while.

In my view we're in our current position due to the serious lack of investment in the side over a number of seasons and we haven't been able to cope with two or three injuries. Selling your best players then attempting to replace them for the same or less money with inferior ones is a sure recipe for disaster sooner or later. In many ways I'd be more worried about Hughes walking away due to the lack of backing he's getting from the Board, but I don't think he'll do that either having recently signed a lucrative new deal.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

Hold on just a minute, scary rumour-mongers...

In Mark Hughes we have an excellent up and coming manager, capable of motivating players, commanding their respect and loyalty, able to blend the resources at his disposal into a good premiership outfit. Plus he has shown the ability to confound the critics, enabling Rovers to shed their bully-boy image in favour of a perception of a solid (if workmanlike) top level side in all minds except for a small minority dahn saarrff.

There is simply NO evidence that changing managers mid-stream works for clubs like ours. I have no doubt that except for the hand of Given at the weekend, we would have had a decent result against the barcodes and you all would have been crowing about our top 10 credentials once again.

If, and it is a big IF, Hughesy fails to stop the rot in the spring when he has once again a full strength squad including let us not forget a certain Steven Reid and Ryan Nelsen, then yes by all means start the snidey chips away to get the lad sacked. Until then keep your mouths buttoned other than to very vocally express your support for the club that we all (allegedly) support and love.

Hughes is quality. Pardew has had his 15 minutes of fame for now.

Claudio Ranieri could be a good bet at 12/1.

I can't see a new, foreign ownership giving the job to an up-and-coming English manager. I'm fairly sure they'll go for a relatively big name with a decent pedigree...Ranieri fits that bill, is unattatched and would probably jump at the chance.

In this instance James is clearly on a wind up.

That is what winds me up. It's not what he says but the fact that he tries it on periodically and that we get a few rope danglers latching onto it.

We'll be fine. Hughes is a top class manager, we'll get our injured players back, maybe a new face or two in January, steady progress in the UEFA cup, and a mediocre if below average finish in the Prem come May.

As for Pardew, it was only a matter of time. Shot shy strikers and new ownership made it easy to clean house.

Edited by speeeeeeedie

I can't see a new, foreign ownership giving the job to an up-and-coming English manager. I'm fairly sure they'll go for a relatively big name with a decent pedigree...Ranieri fits that bill, is unattatched and would probably jump at the chance.

I hope so, I kind of liked him.

In this instance James is clearly on a wind up.

I don't know about that Rev, better check see if Jim's lad has been mascot recently.

Hardly an inspiring list of managers. Unless they have a big name lined up, then they have made a bad move firing Pardew. I think he is a good manager and worked wonders with West Ham last season. I think a managers achievements can be forgotten all too quickly when things aren't going your way.

Fortunately, for West Ham, they have a lot of money to play with now and I think they will pull a high profile manager out of the hat.

If you fancy a flutter on their next boss here's the odd's

http://www.skybet.com/skybet?action=GoEvType&id=10002896

Edited by tcj_jones

OH yea! I see that happening, Champagne Football returns to Cockneylandia !

Im with Jim, Id prefer Mike Newell, at least he isnt full of excuses,will give fringe players a chance and wont have his own favorites who he refuses to drop.

Yeah Newell would be great , likes shouting his mouth off about bungs and female officials and at the moment is doing a great job getting Luton out of the Championship and into League 1 , yeah lets go get him ,

Maybe this thread should be renamed let's push the panic button now.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.