BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Congratulations To Newcastle United

is that true (about their average)???....... its funny when u talk to geordie fans they wont let you leave without them telling you that they are the biggest club in england...although...i thought st james was always like that....did they re-develop it then??.....all i can remember is andy cole scoring some cracking goals in a complete stadium..............

Pre 1991 ish they got less than 15000 never mind 20,000. which is disgusting for an area the size of Newcastle/Gateshead with no other proffesional club. Ive a mate who is sunderland fan :( who refers to newcastle fans as the woodworms.as he reckons 30,000 have come out of the woodwork

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must check in my Rovers history books for the date but I went to see Rovers there in the early 80's when we won (I think) and the gate was around 13K.

It is one of the few grounds I hate going to (add Leeds, Birmingham and Everton) due to the obnoxious fans and their willingness to go looking for a fight and pick on kids. Largely sick and pathetic fans.

I saw them beat the Celtic European Cup winning side in a friendly at St James's. It was the first live football match I ever went to and I only went because the Year 9 boys' football team were going on a school trip and there were some spare seats. Since some friends and I fancied some of the lads we got them to ask the PE teacher if we could go too. Not sure which was the best bit, the match or the trip home on the coach!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/6431299.stm

There having a fan pick up this prestigious trophy with a Newcastle player

What a joke :lol:

I've got to say that i enjoyed the euro football last night,at first i wasn't in mood,still a bit empty after going out to Germans,but the Newcastle game was end to end ,and Spurs are playing some excellent football at the moment.A good nights entertainment all round.It's certainly made me realise why it's important to press for that 6th spot and get another taste for the U.E.F.A Cup.

I've enjoyed watching Rovers efforts this season, and at end of day Rovers did themselfs proud ,and have nothing to be ashamed off.

We are chasing Spurs now, and on recent performances they are not going to be easy to catch,but one game at a time,because Rovers are playing some excellent fotball to. :brfc:

Just how poor were AZ Alkmaar?.....Newcastle 3-0 up in 20 mins and literally strolling the ball into the back of their net.

I remembered the Leverkusen game and our chances again......and felt like crying. :(

I know the feeling,talk of fustration.We threw everything at them, just for one goal.It's still hard to believe we lost 3-2 in Germany,we played so well that night, as well.

On a good point,Leverkusen lost 2-1 to Lens ,last night.

• 8 months later...
Mike Ashley grows a beer gut and goes incognito.

I suppose its better than calling your supporters slags from the tacky comfort of a Marbella bordello which Fat Freddie once did.

Sorry to go off topic but on the same page of the link there's a story about the 'Vicking' from the world of darts. Amazing! looks like totally different person.

check it out.

• 1 year later...

There is a God up there - and he isn't a Geordie....

Congratulations to the plonker below on the right for the huge mess that he's created this season.

ashley-prat.jpg

Mike Ashley is a disgusting classless chav who as the Wigan chairman Dave Whelan rightly said, has stripped any remaining dignity from Newcastle United this season.

"Ashley bought Newcastle and lowered all the standards. There's no pride left in the club," said Whelan in March.

I'd like to say a big thank you to the repulsive Mike Ashley for the mess that he's created this season and the fact that ultimately this has led to a wonderful weekend for millions of football supporters up and down the country who were praying for Newcastle to be relegated.

Mike Ashley has got exactly what he deserved - relegation. Four different managers this season and a highly unpopular Director of Football in Dennis Wise has been clear evidence of the cack-handed way that Ashley has ran Newcastle United - or should it be called 'Fred Karno's Army'. Whatever it is, it's a circus and a mess from top to bottom - starting with their owner and ending with some of their players on vast wages like Joey Barton who have disgraced the club and dragged Newcastle further into the gutter.

Michael Owen, reputedly on wages of over £100,000-a-week at Newcastle, is a pale shadow of his former self and at the moment looks a million miles away from the top goalscorer he once was for England.

Alan Smith and Mark Viduka are two more injury-prone overrated players on huge wages whose contributions to Newcastle this season have been negligible. Viduka has failed to score in any of his 12 appearances for Newcastle this season. This is the second relegation of Viduka's career, having previously been relegated with Leeds in 2004.

Newcastle have too many ageing has-beens on the pitch. Nicky Butt struggles to keep up with the pace in midfield and they lack speed and creativity going forward. In defence they are prone to mistakes and schoolboy errors.

Despite all the mess on the pitch, I feel that Shay Given would probably have kept Newcastle up this season if he had stayed with the club beyond the January transfer window. The Irish keeper has been worth a number of points each season for Newcastle through the saves that he makes, but Mike Ashley in his lack of wisdom refused to put up a fight to keep Given and raised the white flag as soon as the Arabs at Man City raised a chequebook.

It was a stupid decision by Newcastle to sell Given - a rare class player that Newcastle United had. The club could have said to Given: "We're in a mess and in a massive relegation battle, but if you help to keep us up and stay with Newcastle until the summer then we could let you go at the end of the season".

But by refusing to put up a fight to keep Given and raising the white flag as soon as Man City came calling, it was a further nail in the coffin for Newcastle this season.

If you sell your best players it often leads to relegation. Fortunately Rovers managed to get away with it this season, after the inept clown Paul Ince was replaced as manager. I'm convinced that if Ince had stayed in charge at Ewood, we would have been relegated.

As Den has previously said: "Buy Championship players and get Championship football". Likewise if you sell your best players you're running a huge risk of relegation.

Thank you Mike Ashley for being a complete clown who didn't have a clue how to run his football club this season.

Am I missing something ? We've managed to flop over the safety line this season by playing basically anti-football for the last eight weeks. We play the bottom of the league at home last match and are grateful to get another boring draw.

And then we think it's appropriate to take the p--s out of another team that got relegated.

Like I said I must be missing something, in pure football terms we were every bit as bad as the teams that went down.

• Backroom
Am I missing something ? We've managed to flop over the safety line this season by playing basically anti-football for the last eight weeks. We play the bottom of the league at home last match and are grateful to get another boring draw.

And then we think it's appropriate to take the p--s out of another team that got relegated.

Like I said I must be missing something, in pure football terms we were every bit as bad as the teams that went down.

Get a grip lad and then check the final table.

I don't think anyone is gratfeul over todays result.

Also 'Anti-football' is a tabloid myth.

Totally agree, Topman seems to have other ideas but should there be a well done Damien Duff thread after today.

Archived