BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pet Peevs

I have a few select pet peevs that I simply cannot stand when people do and after having a tough week I have been exposed to some annoying people checking all of the boxes in a short space of time, so I thought I'd start a topic thinking that it might appeal to some, particularly the older members of the board (I'm sure that jim could have a field day).

I'll get it started with one of my worst and one of the one's that is most often carried out, which is eating (particularly gum) with your mouth open. If you ever want to look like a complete moron then just stick a piece of gum in your mouth (or for good measure shove in an entire packet) and then just chew away like a cow.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well good topic eddie buddy :tu:

the point i'm making is about cruelty to anaimals.

the amount of bad treated dogs, cats, elephants, lions etc... is unreal all over all over the world.

i could go on about poachers for ever but just in the uk alone they amount of stay animals is increasing all the time and they are being put down because their owners all selfish ######!!

a puppy is not just for xmas but for life!!

one incident springs to mind was when a i was stuck in traffic and i was watching this bloke taking his dog for a walk. the dog didn't look in the best of shape and the bloke looked as though you didn't really want to meet him in a dark alley if you know what i mean.

basically the dog was sniffing the hedges and because the dog was taking his time the bloke started attacking the dog, full force punches, pinning it on the floor and kicking it too.

the dog was yelping in pain and i wasn't standing for that and i flew out of my celica, grabbed the bloke away from the dog and it was ko and good night.

the dog limped away and i drove off, the police were then at the scene i heard and the dog was taken by the rspca and is now living a happy life. :)

I'll go along with Eddie's peeves - chewing gum is annoying to start with, when I went for a hospital appointment recently the receptionist was chewing away merrily :angry: . Eating with your mouth open is not on either. It seems most youngsters aren't taught the basics of manners these days.

'There' being used instead of 'their'. Easy reminder, 'here and there' go together. I know, regrettably, the teaching of English is not a priority these days, but again, basic stuff.

Lack of respect for others, especially the elderly, infirm and - I have to say it - women.

Christmas is a magical time, but the attitude of many children is beginning to seriously annoy me. Most of them have done nothing to deserve the vast amount of goodies they will receive in the name of Christmas and the greed is sickening. And they have no idea what Christmas is truly about with many schools no longer producing traditional Nativity plays in the name of political correctness.

Binge Drinking. Alcopops have to have some of the blame for this, particuarly as far as young girls are concerned. What's the point? I enjoy the odd alcoholic drink but in fact indulge very rarely. Why put yourself in a position where you are not responsible for your own actions and have no recollection of events that you have paid a lot of money to attend or should be special occasions?

However, there are still a lot of good things in this world of ours. Maybe I should start a thread............... ;)

I'd agree with all of mum's, though I don't recognise the greed in kids. The majority of young people I know are a credit to themselves and their families.

I'll add a couple:

Poor use of the English language, especially spelling, punctuation and grammar.

People who don't acknowledge politeness I have shown them; e.g not a word of thanks when I hold a door open.

Women rumaging on their purses to pay at the till. Most of you are old enough to know you have to do this or face arrest!!!!

Lottery machines in newsagents and corner shops

Jim J; whooosh, but exactly the attitude I'm talking about!!!!! :P

Paul, guess I'm just a bit fed up with a child I know (not mine!) who's been giving everyone serious grief about her haul of Christmas goodies for months but can't be bothered to get off her backside to give her overworked mother a hand!

Cash machines that charge me for wanting my money.

Good God where shall I start? .......... Christmas, queues in supermarkets / banks / BRFC ticket counter etc etc caused by no lack of check out points but rather a lack of staff, traffic lights where roundabouts would do, speed camera's, people that leave Ewood early and disturb other peoples view, bad drivers who hog the middle and outer lanes of Mways..... people who keep trying to convince me that I am missing something by not wanting to go on skiiing holidays, houses / offices that are way too hot, people who go on summer holiday play oneupmanship about the temp and insist that they had a fabulous time even though it was in the middle of a record heat wave that was killing elderly people and wildlife in droves and was way too hot to sunbathe, career politicians, ignorant politicians, low life politicians, conceited politicians, in fact any downright liar, small cars, chelsea tractors, firemen.........

...............pause for breath............

This is about a once a year thread. I'll go back to an old favorite - the majority of cyclists. They say to treat them like vehicles, yet they constantly disobey about every traffic law when it suits them.

Young, ignorant communists. :P

People who use the word loose when they mean lose.

I'm with Paul on the lack of thanks when holding the door (I'll usually just snidely say "you're welcome!").

I'm with Paul on the lack of thanks when holding the door (I'll usually just snidely say "you're welcome!").

I always give them the full Basil Fawlty treatment ...go right up to them holding the earlobe ....oh , please don't mention it , it was nothing .......you BA$TARD . :)

people who walk slowly along the pavement, but dont walk in a straight line, oh no lets weave all across the damn footway you fat gits.

Also religious nutcases who stand on the corner of the street berating people for not following the Lord. Usually with the use of a loud speaker and a large amp.

SOD OFF! ! ! !

People who, even when they have been stood at a bus stop for ages, hasn't got a buss pass or the right amount of coin ready for when the bus actually stops to pick them up. This means that we have to wait for this idiot to find said bus pass or coin, which this person can't find (of course). Adds minutes to the ride to work/uni. This is really, really annoying during the morning.

People who can't be bothered to straighten their car up when parking. There is no reason why you should be allowed to take up TWO (or more) parking spaces because you can't take a minute to park it properly!

Smokers at bus stops. If it rains (which it does a lot in these parts) you don't get to stand in the shelter where everyone else needs to be and light up. I don't smoke, don't want to smoke and I sure as hell don't want to stand there and inhale your smoke. It's disgusting and uncalled for. Go stand in the rain and smoke if you absolutely have to smoke. Idiots.

people who go on summer holiday play oneupmanship about the temp and insist that they had a fabulous time even though it was in the middle of a record heat wave

:) That annoys me as well . It's usually the fairest skinned ones who've obviously had sunstroke for half their hols !

People who have as many children as they can so they can live on huge benefits and get a big council house meanwhile decent hardworking folk cant afford to get there own first home and end up having to pay rent and tax's out of there own hard earned money to pay for these lazy people to pop out children at there expense!! GRRRR!!!!!!!!

Oh and fat people (who dont have medical conditions) who get fat, ruin there health and waste away there bodies when people who'd kill to live healthily due to disability cant have even that chance!!

......... people who park on disabled parking lots and are clearly not disabled, conversely the mind bogglingly stupid amount of disabled car parking spaces on car parks, are we expecting a unforeseen rise in disabled people? People who drive down the opposite lane of a MWay with full beam on, Sat night TV with it's mind numbing plethora of talent shows, conversely daytime TV with soddin homes abroad, endless DIY, Cooking and worst of all Springer type trailer trash chat shows, people driving whilst on the phone, car mirrors that when viewed from the rear are obviously not set to asssist the vision of the driver, burqa's particularly when the wearer is driving, 90p meter charges ..........

pause for more breath..............

......... people who park on disabled parking lots and are clearly not disabled, conversely the mind bogglingly stupid amount of disabled car parking spaces on car parks, are we expecting a unforeseen rise in disabled people?

They've started putting disabled parking sports in Paris where you have to swipe a card in order to get the little bollard to move down, I think it is a great idea.

Disabled people who park in slots designated for normal able bodied people....thus making me park my giant 4x4 in a disabled parking bay nearer to the shops! ....the selfish sods!! :angry:

(i`ll get me coat....... :unsure: )

Archived