BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Arsenal 6 Rovers 2

Modi

A very big problem for ROvers at the moment is that we don't have a defensive midfielder who can play in a 4-4-2. We need someone who will provide real protection to our slightly dodgy (i.e not Tugay) defence but who can also pass a ball (i.e not Mokoena). A Tugay-Mokoena hybrid would be perfect.

Even Reidy returning won't solve the problem, unless Sav is prepared to adjust his game and play the holding role.

I am concerned about central midfield-amongst other things!

Savage doesn't have the discipline to play central midfield and he can't tackle.

If Reid were to very quickly get back his form from last season, he would be an obvious person to put back in the centre, but I'm not sure he and Tugay can play together to give the team creativity and help take pressure off the defence.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. I think Hughes and many of the supporters seem to firmly believe that no matter what we will be safe. Sometimes after I hear him interviewed I have to remind myself that we are nearing the new year and could well be in the relegation zone when it turns.

but we're givin it a real go in europe, something weve never done before as a club!

Which idiot decides not to have a player on both posts at set-pieces?

It must have cost us about eight goals this season already. It's been mentioned time and time again but nothing changes.

Actually sod it...sort it out Hughes! When we are defending a set-piece then put a man on each post! If it means bringing back an extra man thus handicapping our (non-existent) ability to counter-attack at speed then so be it.

According to MH in his interview on Radio Lancs quite a long time after the match had finished said that he had put someone on a post but that the player had seen two players being marked by only one of ours, so the player had moved off the post.

im sure i remember a time when todd was good????.....and why now is the jury still out on him....how many rovers come backs can one man make???

This is one thing that puzzles me under Hughsey. Todd and Gray under Hughes' tenure have had so many come backs it's untrue. I would understand it if it were just the once...but its like he can't decide if they're good enough or not.

As for the game I drunkenly watched Football First late last night and thought that we looked rather good until the last crazy 10 minutes where our whole team defended like a bunch of sunday league under 10's. Collectively the whole team HAS to defend better or we really are in great danger of taking up and keeping the 3rd relegation spot.

We obviously got some breaks from the ref today.

Anyone who whines on about not getting the rub of the green needs help...there is no way Neill should have stayed on the pitch once the penalty was awarded (whether it was a penalty is a different topic)

Neill caught him but van persie hung his leg back and went down too cheaply thats for sure. Very quick thinking employed in order to dive that convincingly with such little time for thought. VP must have practised that time and time again to become so adept at going to ground so convincingly.

Quick question, which is worse, losing 6-2 at the Arsenal or Losing 5-1 at Barnsley, remember that folks?

Ok lads so you got stuffed 6-2 ,thats football.Great game to watch whilst having a few jars in the club.

Have a very merry Dinglemas .

See you next season maybe . :)

Well seeing as how i havent seen the game or any highlights i cant truly comment on the game but i did how ever turn on the tv and catch about 7-10 secs of an interview with wenger on sky sports news on saturday and he did say that we played very well. and i feel that having been short several key players were doing ok easpally agenst a team like the gunners. Now am i happy that we got spanked and sent off to bed with no dinner??? Hell no im not but with the return of some of are first teamers and hopfully some good signings in January I feel that Rovers will be around for a long time. As for hughes i havent really made up my mind totally about him but im sure in the next couple of months i will. Over all i think we'll be a OK. I have faith in are mighty rovers!!!

Ok lads so you got stuffed 6-2 ,thats football.Great game to watch whilst having a few jars in the club.

Have a very merry Dinglemas .

See you next season maybe . :)

5-0 Zak! Remember? That is the scoreline that should mean most to you. Forever to be known as the April Fools day massacre.

My apologies for bringing this back up, I'm sure most of us want to forget this one, but I have just seen the highlights of this. Arsenal were absolutley irrestible, sublime. If Wenger ever get's this team clicking like that on a regular basis and adds a bit of steel no one will touch them. Joy to watch footy like that.

Now that's off me chest let's get rid of this.

5-0 Zak! Remember? That is the scoreline that should mean most to you. Forever to be known as the April Fools day massacre.

I re watched the video of this not too long ago, how inept were Burnley. Noticed too we did not look nearly as good as we do now, we seemed somewhat slower and a lot of long ball. And Oh them yellow double deckers.

Dingle Demolition Derby. A classic for all time.

And Oh them yellow double deckers.

Dingle Demolition Derby. A classic for all time.

We need lots of pics of that on here somewhere and some of our luxury fleet t'turf..... lest we forget! :)

btw did anyone notice one of theirs with an old lady in a rocking chair perched on top? :lol:

Archived