BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Arsenal 6 Rovers 2

Modi

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my world the only suitable lineup will be 4-5-1. The axe must be back from injury to patrol in front of the defense though. Dont let tugay near my defense. And we need a big donkey up front to horass the defense and keep the ball. Basicly we have noone who can do that but i guess nonda will have to do unless we do some crazy buisness and plays matteo up front :D . At least he qualifies as a donkey.

MH should get the team back to being bully boys for this match. We need to be compact and close down fast without giving arsenal a chance to counterattack. No nonsense football. Todd must play.

And we need to play mceveley for left back due to speed and defensive qualites.

Lets bore us to a draw. If, and only if, we concede, can we convert to a 4-4-2 style.

My two nikkels.

We could win this. Arsenal are a hugely soft touch who simply can't handle determined, tactically aware opponents. If we let them in we could be massacred. However the longer they go with scoring, the more their petulance and frustration will show. Their complete lack of muscle in midfield could be telling.

1-2. Rovers.

In my world the only suitable lineup will be 4-5-1. The axe must be back from injury to patrol in front of the defense though. Dont let tugay near my defense. And we need a big donkey up front to horass the defense and keep the ball. Basicly we have noone who can do that but i guess nonda will have to do unless we do some crazy buisness and plays matteo up front :D . At least he qualifies as a donkey.

MH should get the team back to being bully boys for this match. We need to be compact and close down fast without giving arsenal a chance to counterattack. No nonsense football. Todd must play.

And we need to play mceveley for left back due to speed and defensive qualites.

Lets bore us to a draw. If, and only if, we concede, can we convert to a 4-4-2 style.

My two nikkels.

would you say mceveley is quicker than gray? add matteo to the question in hand and we have a 3 way donkey race!!

with arsenal missing henry, rosicky and gallas, this is as good a time as any to be visiting north london.

A strange formation

An early red

An even stranger formation

An error

Another error

And another error

Error number four

Arsenal 4 - Blackburn Rovers 0

And my friends laugh at me.

Looks and sounds like Radiohead lyrics.

Can't say I'm confident at all but I'm still looking forward to seeing the new stadium. They have been susceptible to conceeding the first goal so it's imperitive that we attack them from the off and put them under pressure. We could get away with playing for only 45 minutes at Reading, but we sure as hell can't do it in London.

0-2.

Whats the best pub to goto for a pre match drink

The Drayton Park

Just spoken to the landlord to check if it's still an "away" pub with the new ground being so close.

Before answering he asked what team I supported, when I said Blackburn he said "we love Blackburn fans, never any bother, of course you'll be more than welcome - look forward to seeing you on Saturday"

:rover::tu:

Just spoken to the landlord to check if it's still an "away" pub with the new ground being so close.

Before answering he asked what team I supported, when I said Blackburn he said "we love Blackburn fans, never any bother, of course you'll be more than welcome - look forward to seeing you on Saturday"

:rover::tu:

Happy Days, see you there.

There could be an upset on the cards. There is never a good time to play arsenal but with there injuries in defence and henry wont be playing plus the fact there playing liverpool tomorow. this all means were in with as god of a chance as ever, but then again it is rovers so im going to say 4-1 arsenal.

There could be an upset on the cards. There is never a good time to play arsenal but with there injuries in defence and henry wont be playing plus the fact there playing liverpool tomorow.

For some reason or another, Arsenal have played their best games this season when Henry was out. Also, Henry hasn done very well against us in the last few games, its mostly been RVP who has been in purple form against us.

Am I right in thinking that our only recognized strikers for this game are Nonda and Derbyshire? That's barely good enough for league one.

I reckon a 0 - 0 could be possible if we really, really work for it, get our tactics right and really bash them about a bit. But Arsenal usually tear us apart and even without Henry, they have the quality to do it again. I cannot see us scoring.

2 - 0 Arsenal, the result flattering us somewhat.

Archived