BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Arsenal 6 Rovers 2

Modi

An excellent preview Modi, Well done!

I would have loved to be going on Saturday, but my european exploits mean domestic away game attendance will have to suffer. Fingers crossed I can go next year!!!!

Our only chance is to go and attack - play 442 and we might sneak something, play 451 and we'll get hammered. Having said that we don't have the quality or the depth to compete, therefore Arsenal will thump us 4-0. Walcott yet to score so you can fill in the gaps.

Enjoy your day!

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SSN are reporting that he should be back.

Fingers crossed.

I don't usually get excited about games now, but for some reason I cannot wait for Saturday. I think that Saturdays win against Reading has brought back the excitment of going to the game rather than thinking 'I've got to get up at 6am to watch that bag of sh1t'.

Snap :tu:

I've a feeling we won't come away empty handed.

I fancy us for this one!! We are 7/1 as well, so put a tenner on and the trip down there is paid for!!

the faith is growing!! :rover:

Start with Derbyshire and Nonda, nobody expects us to win so Derbyshire may as well get a game under his belt.

I think that Hughes will start with Emerton right wing and Bentley up front. However, I think that would be a mistake. A second striker is only effective if your team has a lot of good possession and can get the ball to him. Otherwise he becomes a passenger. Bentley has done okay in that role in the past (sometimes more than okay but often worse) but he's hardly proven himself in that role.

I would go for Nonda and Derbyshire. Derbyshire's pace might trouble Senderos (if he plays) and if, as expected, Arsenal have the bulk of the possession, our defenders will be resorting to playing balls over the top. Not much use with Bentley the second forward.

I think we might go 4-5-1 with just Nonda up top. Hughes tells 'Chris' that he has to graft like he's never grafted before and brainwash him with videos of Dickov.

If he is going to supplement the forward line from midfield I can see Pederson moving forward.

I think he'll go with...

Friedal

Emerton Todd Oijer Neill

Axe

Bentley Sav Toogs Gamst

Nonda

Maybe we can afford to play really narrow as Arsenal play with little width, or conversely, maybe we should play with bags of width to stretch them? Problem with the latter, lack of pace out wide...

...saying that Bentley had the legs on the Reading full back all game. Is B suddenly quicker or that FB slower than continental drift? ;)

Huge long shot, but I don't suppose anyone has a spare ticket going or anything do they? Tried to get some tickets printed at Arsenal's end today, but apparently they aren't doing any more. I wish I'd have bought them earlier, but I didn't know if I could go or not.

:(

PLEASE SOMEBODY HAVE A SPARE TICKET!

Was really hoping to go on this trip, but have had to sort out a car for Miss Roversmum so no cash left....

Hope those who are going have a great time and a 2-0 win to Rovers for the icing on the cake! 'Twould be sweet justice if Toddy got a goal........ :)

Huge long shot, but I don't suppose anyone has a spare ticket going or anything do they? Tried to get some tickets printed at Arsenal's end today, but apparently they aren't doing any more. I wish I'd have bought them earlier, but I didn't know if I could go or not.

:(

PLEASE SOMEBODY HAVE A SPARE TICKET!

Surely Blackburn can get a ticket to you somehow. On a couple of occasions I have either taken the wrong ticket or completly forgotten it for an away game and I have called the ticket office and arranged to pick one up from the ground.

Could they not send it down on one of the offical coaches or something?

Surely Blackburn can get a ticket to you somehow. On a couple of occasions I have either taken the wrong ticket or completly forgotten it for an away game and I have called the ticket office and arranged to pick one up from the ground.

Dont they just look it up on the computer and fax through a duplicate ticket or something?

Im sure thats what they did for me when my wonderful mother through a Fulham ticket away a few seasons ago :rolleyes:

First time ive thought about this actually, but does anyone think that this game might come under threat because of the fog?!

According to BBC Weather there will be 'mist' in London rather than fog.

Should be ok but I know Scotty, Percy and RachRover are all flying down so I hope that they are not disrupted too much.

Saying that the game is in London so its the Smog which you have to watch. Have I ever told you how much I hate London!!

If the game is called off, I think we should go on a massive session and stay at St Chrisophers.

I know mate, I have had tickets printed on the match day at an away ground as well. That's why I found it really surprising.

Apparently I could have had them done at Arsenal's end yesterday but today they aren't doing any more. I tried to argue but she was pretty adament.

I know, I don't understand either. Very disapointed.

Archived