BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bellamy Vs Benni

joeh8

Guest fernhurstblue

well i sit in the jw stand and cant really recall this link up play between the midfield and benni ..... if anything, we seem to be playing more long balls over the last month or so. i'm not saying he isnt a good player, he his ..... but not a patch on bellers, it's all about opionions. if people were impartial, regardless of where bellers is playing i am sure that the majority (maybe not the vast) would pick bellers over benni.

:ph34r:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't think anyone has pointed this out yet but bellamy created lot of our goals last season aswell as score them.

his latest performance on saturday against charlton, he was handing chances on a plate to kuyt all game.

benni is a totally different type of striker who doesn't create much for others but takes his chances when they come.

They are both very good players, but also very different players. Each has certain skils and attributes that the other does not have. I feel that this attempt to say which is the better player is fairly pointless to be honest. I would just love to have the chance to see them play together; but in the team we had last year. Just substitute Benni for FSP and then see how we would do.

• 2 weeks later...

but in the team we had last year. Just substitute Benni for FSP and then see how we would do.

That just about says it but in the last two match's benni has looked alot brighter and him and pedersen showboating has made me laugh :lol:

In my honest opinion, as players there is very little to separate them. Both are quality with different assets and both are very good if not excellent players and both stood out when playing for us.

One has a bit more skill and an eye for goal, the other had pace to burn as his main asset.

Bellamy is a hugely talented player. McCarthy however is equally gifted in different departments. He lacks Bellamy's explosive pace and razor-sharp instincts. On the other hand he is a top class goal-scorer who has proved pedigree all around Europe. On a pure finishing level, McCarthy outweighs Bellamy hands down.

In my honest opinion, as players there is very little to separate them. Both are quality with different assets and both are very good if not excellent players and both stood out when playing for us.

One has a bit more skill and an eye for goal, the other had pace to burn as his main asset.

yes. I agreed. Bellamy is good in creating chance and pace but I always get angry because he alway shoot the ball miles away... For Benni I will annoy with his "offside" but he always shoot the ball inside the post (goal or not goal is another question, but at least he hit correctly).

9 league goals puts him ahead of some pretty big name players. He's outscored Rooney, Saha, Kuyt, Bellamy, Crouch, Martins, Bent, Shevchenko, Henry, to name but a few.

Definitely proving to be one of the best buys of the year.

Seconded, we are geting an absolutely outstanding return for 2.5 million. Not quite as lethal as Bellamy but due to the fact that he seems to be resilient to injury (touch wood!) and was cheaper he could still come out at the end of the season actually being a better purchase. An amazing achievement if you conisder that Bellamy is the best rovers striker to put boots on since Shearer.

We have the money to find a partner to bring the most out of him too, and Nonda is certianly improving. Derbyshire's growth as a player is the icing on the cake.

Souness tranfer record was impressive, even if he did get a few turkeys, but Hughes seems to improving on that considerably. Nelsen, Bentey, Bellamy, Kuqi and McCarthy were all outstanding value for money (3 of them - Nelsen, Bellamy and increasingly McCarthy - amongst the best players we have had in a decade). Savage and Ooijer are classy performers, if perhaps a little expensive for their age, while Henchoz and Zurab have undoubtably strengthened the team.

Really the only question mark you can raise is Mokoena IMO. Jeffers at a stretch I suppose, but as he was free and must be on little in terms of wages it would be a bit churilsh to criticise for that.

11 for benni now. Compared to bellamy? Injured with a hamstring again!!

yep, bellamy is a lot more injury prone.

bellamy is the all round better player, but his natural fitness isn't as good, and that's gotta be a huge factor. benni is joint 4th top scorer in the league this season and is starting to really hit form. it's also his first season in england which, considering how different portugese football is, is some achievement. look at how hard sheva's found it to adapt from italy.

as to who i'd rather have, i cant really choose between them.

it's a tough question.

for us, Benni has been doing extremely well, already in the double digits for the season, and this is his first season in england.

Bellamy though was maybe the better all-around player - he alone could really change the course of the game. He did some amazing things for us last season. He hasn't really replicated that form at Liverpool though.

Just for giggles, and further to my last post, my best rovers team of the last ten years.

----------Sutton----Bellamy------

---Duff----Savage---Tugay-----Reid--

--Le Saux-Hendry---Nelsen----Neill

----------------Freidal---------------

Subs: Flowers, Berg, Dunn, McCarthy, Cole

Bit contentious- no Sherwood, no Ripley, no Jansen, Flowers on the bench. I have assumed that all these players are playing their best footie in their Rovers career within the last ten years. Inclusion of Reid is probably going to get the most stick, but he was excellent last year and I'm not sure you could play Ripley and Duff in the same side. Dunn gets a place on the bench due to his versitility, and Savage edges out Sherwood because Robbie's attitude and drive really inspires the rest of the team.

The Sutton of 97/98 and the Bellamy of 05/06 would be an absolutely dynamite combination IMO. Impossible to play against almost.

Just for giggles, and further to my last post, my best rovers team of the last ten years.

----------Sutton----Bellamy------

---Duff----Savage---Tugay-----Reid--

--Le Saux-Hendry---Nelsen----Neill

----------------Freidal---------------

Subs: Flowers, Berg, Dunn, McCarthy, Cole

Bit contentious- no Sherwood, no Ripley, no Jansen, Flowers on the bench. I have assumed that all these players are playing their best footie in their Rovers career within the last ten years. Inclusion of Reid is probably going to get the most stick, but he was excellent last year and I'm not sure you could play Ripley and Duff in the same side. Dunn gets a place on the bench due to his versitility, and Savage edges out Sherwood because Robbie's attitude and drive really inspires the rest of the team.

The Sutton of 97/98 and the Bellamy of 05/06 would be an absolutely dynamite combination IMO. Impossible to play against almost.

Would change reid for savage then put Ripley on the right,also Berg for neill

Seconded, we are geting an absolutely outstanding return for 2.5 million. Not quite as lethal as Bellamy but due to the fact that he seems to be resilient to injury (touch wood!) and was cheaper he could still come out at the end of the season actually being a better purchase. An amazing achievement if you conisder that Bellamy is the best rovers striker to put boots on since Shearer.

We have the money to find a partner to bring the most out of him too, and Nonda is certianly improving. Derbyshire's growth as a player is the icing on the cake.

Souness tranfer record was impressive, even if he did get a few turkeys, but Hughes seems to improving on that considerably. Nelsen, Bentey, Bellamy, Kuqi and McCarthy were all outstanding value for money (3 of them - Nelsen, Bellamy and increasingly McCarthy - amongst the best players we have had in a decade). Savage and Ooijer are classy performers, if perhaps a little expensive for their age, while Henchoz and Zurab have undoubtably strengthened the team.

Really the only question mark you can raise is Mokoena IMO. Jeffers at a stretch I suppose, but as he was free and must be on little in terms of wages it would be a bit churilsh to criticise for that.

I agree apart from the highlighted text.

Would choose Jansen over Bellamy any day of the week.

Archived