BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bellamy Vs Benni

joeh8

Don't agree with the Jansen comment but each to their own. Imagine what Bellamy would do if he had 2 seasons in the Championship!

My Dad made a good point during the Chelsea game tonight. Whilst talking about how big and expensive a flop Shevchenko has been he said Morinho would have been better off buying McCarthy cos just think how many goals Benni would have got playing for Chelsea compared to Shev!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Dad made a good point during the Chelsea game tonight. Whilst talking about how big and expensive a flop Shevchenko has been he said Morinho would have been better off buying McCarthy cos just think how many goals Benni would have got playing for Chelsea compared to Shev!

SSShhhhhhh, the transfer window has just opened :rolleyes:

i'd agree with that, jansen from 1999-2002 that is :rover:

yeah man.....jansen was electric....two footed, quick, comfortable on the ball, clever and cool in the box.....i suppose im just a big matt jansen fan....i sometimes imagine what would have happened if wed have had him the season we finished 6th under souness....the duff, dunn & cole team......pure fantasy though as matty went on a bit of a senna :(

How about a straight swap for Sheva?

no thanx ;)

noone's claiming he's the complete package, but come on the guys scored 9 league goals already this season. remember the days when our front two consisted of the likes of ward and blake?? if we were lucky this would be their return for the season. benny isnt perfect but he puts the ball in the net on a regular basis than most strikers out there.

and he's adapting to a new league which makes his feats more impressive. stuff like offside can be coached to a fairly large extent, part of it might be to do with the way defences play here, although im not too sure. but you cant coach the art of being in the right place at the right time and scoring important goals, and bennys won us a few matches already this season doing just that.

noone's claiming he's the complete package, but come on the guys scored 9 league goals already this season. remember the days when our front two consisted of the likes of ward and blake?? if we were lucky this would be their return for the season. benny isnt perfect but he puts the ball in the net on a regular basis than most strikers out there.

and he's adapting to a new league which makes his feats more impressive. stuff like offside can be coached to a fairly large extent, part of it might be to do with the way defences play here, although im not too sure. but you cant coach the art of being in the right place at the right time and scoring important goals, and bennys won us a few matches already this season doing just that.

totally agree.hes put 12 goals away for us this season which is a very good total to say hes finding the league tough!

yeah great player so far, all respect to Hughes here, that why he's manager of Blackburn and thankfully none of us are lol

Bellamy has a injury problem which i don't like, and both different player, too hard to call

i like bellamy's pace though

What would Bellamy offer without his pace? One factor about Bellers is I think his mere presence causes the opposition to be so wary of him they change their game. They know they can get caught at any moment, this leaves space for other players to work in. It is my opinion that Bellamy and Benni in the same team would have been absolutely devastating.

Benni is a class act, on and off the park.

explain

He means Benni gives a good interview and seems a really positive influence on the team. If his enthusiasm is infectious across television to the fans it is not too much of an assumption to say it would have a good effect in the dressing room and the training pitch.

Personally I'd rather have Bellamy than McCarthy, but I'm not complaining either way. Bellamy has pace to burn and causes more problems for the opposition. He is also an obnoxious gobshite, which when paired alongside Savage, Reid, Todd, Mokoena and Tugay makes playing against us a real nightmare for the opposition.

McCarthy has an excellent goal record for us, no mistake. There are a couple of penalties in there which boost it up a bit, but even without those he is the match of Bellamy in terms of scoring.

Bellamy is just more my kind of player.

I have a portugese friend in the sports industry who knows Benni from Portugal and indeed from South Africa before that. He tells me that Benni is a splendid chap, who never drinks (His father died due to alcohol related illnesses - he'd had a liver transplant) and owns a disco in Vigo. He has wanted to play in the pemiership for years but his last chance was scuppered at the eleventh hour on a whim by the Vigo chairman.

He is apparently loving it over here and enjoying playing at Rovers. It seems that he and Robbie Savage are practically inseperable!

He is apparently loving it over here and enjoying playing at Rovers. It seems that he and Robbie Savage are practically inseperable!

Inseparable ;) I've softened on Savage quite a lot. The guy is not the brightest bulb in the pack, but his emotive and unassuming nature excuse him from his sometimes odious on-pitch behaviour. I particularly like his quote selected by BBC for their second batch of quotes of 2006:

"I got hit in the nose again - and with the size of my nose I'm surprised they didn't have to evacuate the Riverside!"

Robbie Savage gets a nosebleed at Middlesbrough.

I was thinking at Wigan about the amount of Times Benni is offside.

Maybe it not all Benni's fault, he is making these runs and surely if the midfielders spotted the run sooner and played the ball sooner benni would be onside.

I was thinking at Wigan about the amount of Times Benni is offside.

Maybe it not all Benni's fault, he is making these runs and surely if the midfielders spotted the run sooner and played the ball sooner benni would be onside.

that would be correct

one thing for sure he didn't like playing that amount of football over the christmas period

In that case let's have somebody naff him off before every game, the rate he was scoring

McCarthy has an excellent goal record for us, no mistake. There are a couple of penalties in there which boost it up a bit

Only one.

Archived