BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bellamy Vs Benni

joeh8

just think how many goals benni would have if he didnt stray offside that many times thats just what hes going to have to improve on to become a rovers great

That is part of his game though, he has scored goals by taking risks like that and having a high rate is simply going to come with it. Not all of them are like that, but then none of the ones that aren't from taking a gamble would have been goals had he not been offside. Not sure if that is very clear.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is part of his game though, he has scored goals by taking risks like that and having a high rate is simply going to come with it. Not all of them are like that, but then none of the ones that aren't from taking a gamble would have been goals had he not been offside. Not sure if that is very clear.

I agree with that statement,

If he is always stays onside that will encourage the defence to sit deeper and ruin his game.

Its a close one and i think they are very similar in terms of ability

what i do know is that

bellamy__________________Mcarthy

up top would be a awesome partnership :( gutted we didnt get to see that

too true

This really should be opened on an even vote now, Benni is vastley superior at close control and Bellamy is equally superior at running fast. Apart from that, they are both superb.

Ask me whether I'd want Bellamy or McCarthy + £4.25 million...such an easy answer, McCarthy all the way.

FYI

Benni will be on the phone on soccer am shortly

EDIT: He was pretty much saying what he always says in interviews - hoping to keep doing well and scoring - happy for the team - loving england - blah blah blah.

Was getting some heckles from the lads - I am sure Sav was one of em

FYI

Benni will be on the phone on soccer am shortly

EDIT: He was pretty much saying what he always says in interviews - hoping to keep doing well and scoring - happy for the team - loving england - blah blah blah.

Was getting some heckles from the lads - I am sure Sav was one of em

I saw that the only comment which he made which worried me was when he said 'I want to do well in the FA Cup as I may only play in it the once'.

On another note that Simon Jordan is a right obnoxious ####.

How about if we told you that the 4.25 million spare would not be spent on the team? ;)

But surely it is spent on the team? As in paying wages for example. Some of the money that might've gone to transfers is going to improved contracts to key players, so that we won't have to replace them. And some of it goes to cover up the reduced attendances etc.

Yeah, I picked up on that but not going to read too much into it.

Yeah, I think that is best. Even if Benni does plan to leave us I would think that he would want to stay in England if he could, so it is a strange comment. He might mean with injuries or whatever. He does say some odd things.

Slightly worrying that in a NOTW aeticle Benni says he "does not know whether there is a get-out clause in his contract " but he would "certainly" join a "big club" if one came in. Of course he knows whether there is such a clause. Is this the start of another Bellamy-style chase? Surely Rovers are not stupid enough to have repeated that mistake. And if so does it also apply to Pedersen?

If McCarthy continues to bang them in like he is doing, I am more than happy to have him as a second best to Bellamy.

He can put 20 plus in this year and be 3rd, 4th best or whatever...the guy has his plusses and minuses but you cant argue with the goals scored column.

It was a great goal according to Radio Lancashire, might even stay up for match of the day! :blink:

Did anyone else realise you can watch MOTD from 8pm if you press the red button? I did that last night - and then it keeps getting repeated - so ended up watching Rovers twice :P

Daily Mail saying he has a 5 million pound release clause coming into effect in the summer. Thats ABSOLUTELY SICKENING, if true. Im sure the publicity surrounding the Bellamy debacle has led to other players thinking they can get the same. I wouldnt be surprised if this is true especially with his comments.

But seriously I couldnt take another one of these stories to be honest!

I don't believe he has a minimum release clause.

I think its the media assuming because we gave Bellamy one we would have to give Benni one. He didn't have anybody else to sign for, he wanted to come to England.

Why would he demand a minimum fee release clause?

dont know why but for some reason i feel more comfortable with benni at the club than bellamy....even when he (bellamy) was with us and bangin them in last season, i had a strange feelin he wouldnt be there long......just felt like a bit of a flirt.....

so with benni, its foreplay this season....

then we get him in bed next season in the champions league, if u know what i mean..... :rover:

so what im sayin is............i dont think hell leave us in the summer.

and, in case your wandering, no im not..........

Archived