BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan 0-3 Rovers

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the pitch like? Is it fit to put Tugay on in the second half?

Looks fine to me, but I'm watching a stream, so it isn't too easy to tell.

Lucas VERY lucky not to be given a 2nd yellow and be sent off.

Even the slightest foul by Neill and he will be off.

Overall, they have probably been the better team going forward, but luckily for us we have two or three lively and on-form players in the front third.

I think our major worry will be whether we can keep 11 men on the field with Mokoena looking a bit clumsy too.

PS. Looks like Derbyshire ISNT on the bench.

MARK Hughes has made three changes from the side that defeated Middlesbrough 2-1 on Saturday.

Stephane Henchoz and Zurab Khizanishvili come in at the back to replace the centre-half pairing of Andy Todd and Andre Ooijer. Whilst in midfield Aaron Mokoena is preferred to Tugay.

Update: It appears I was mis-informed with the Rovers subs, it is Derbyshire not McEveley

Wigan make two changes from the side that started in the abandoned match at Vicarage Road, Fitz Hall is preferred at the back to David Wright, whilst Andreas Johansson replaces Svetoslav Todorov who has returned to Portsmouth.

WIGAN: Kirkland, Hall, Boyce, De Zeeuw, Baines, Cotterill, Skoko, Landzaat, Kilbane, Heskey, Johansson. Subs: Pollitt (GK), Jackson, Teale, Wright, Cywka.

ROVERS: Friedel, Emerton, Khizanishvili, Henchoz, Neill ©, Bentley, Mokoena, Savage, Pedersen, Nonda, McCarthy. Subs: Brown (GK), Todd, Tugay, Gallagher, Derbyshire.

Good to see Hughes has confidence in Derbs, i guess that Nonda is injured/tired but still to throw him on at half time is a boost for him. I hope he can get his first goal.

Why is heskey so good against us? I know he scored at the wrong end today but he always seems to be dangerous against us.

Good goalline clearance there!

Archived