BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1 -0 Liverpool

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a saying that suggests that in football players and managers are only as good as their last couple of results.

Now that Ranieri has gone he appears to be the new media 'Tinkerman'. This will be contentious I'm sure but having witnessed the press and media heap scorn on Ranieri, which ultimately led to him being replaced it seems to me that Benitez knows full well that his actions will attract serious criticisms and that there is a possibilty in my mind that he is actually angling for the sack and the huge compensation that always follows such!

Just imagine this scenario ....

1. if some Spanish club chairman (of a club that Benitez was a boyhood hero of :rolleyes: )wants him to replace the existing manager in the summer without paying Lpool any compensation.

and

2. Benitez is realising that he has bought badly and Lpool will not be in position to challenge the other 3 for years, and his reputation is being damaged, and life is not that easy in the Prem, and Houllier is going great guns at Lyon, and the weather is ###### and his wife hates the North West.

and

3. Rafa wants a huge and by now accepted payout a la Ranieri / SGE / GS / etc etc

then whats to stop him intentionally doing what he appears to be doing reluctantly...... other than his suspect acting ability? <_<

You have to be the most cynical person in existence drog! I think Benitez should be taking some stick but he is certainly not looking to get sacked! For one thing it actually hurts him financially in the long run as it will severely damage the demand for his services.

The man has achieved great things with Liverpool imo, the CL win was nothing short of mind boggling, but at the moment he has not got the mix right.

You have to be the most cynical person in existence drog! I think Benitez should be taking some stick but he is certainly not looking to get sacked! For one thing it actually hurts him financially in the long run as it will severely damage the demand for his services.

The man has achieved great things with Liverpool imo, the CL win was nothing short of mind boggling, but at the moment he has not got the mix right.

1. I think you are confusing the word cynic with reallist. :)

2. Who is to say a deal has not already been done with his next employers.

3. Mrs Benitez might like the dolce vita hegergehh.

4. Mind boggling jbn? Now this is mind boggling....... http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1989352,00.html

Substitute the word "lucky" for "mindboggling" and that would be a lot nearer the mark imo.

The FA Cup win was even flukier. If that West Ham defender hadn't have had a brainstorm and inexplicably put the ball out of play in a danger area the Hammers would have been parading the Cup round the East End.

1. I think you are confusing the word cynic with reallist. :)

Doubt it Gordon...you see even in British English, which uses two 'l's in the middle of a word far more than American English, there is no such word as "reallist"...

and you have the cheek to go on about falling standards in schools! ;)

Doubt it Gordon...you see even in British English, which uses two 'l's in the middle of a word far more than American English, there is no such word as "reallist"...

and you have the cheek to go on about falling standards in schools! ;)

Thanks FLB. The problem with criticism of that nature on a mboard is that your own spelling and grammar will be closely scrutinised from now on! ;)

Archived