BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1 -0 Liverpool

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gerrard tried to squeeze a penalty out of us near the end of the 90 minutes, and he wasn't the only one. Where was the yellow card ref? And bloody diving foreigners, eh? I'm sure he's said he's above it a couple of times before and teammates who dive cop it in the ear.

Crikey that was a close shave! Three very welcome points though, may have been an ugly win but they all count. Quite a good christmas for sports really, Eagles made the playoffs yesterday by beating the Cowboys and we win today. Shame about that Arsenal business...

Another cracking good game involving the Rovers. All heroes out there today for Rovers although I notice Emo is slipping back towards some of his bad old ways. Friedel was immense.

We are no more out of the doodoo now than we were in it after the Arsenal game. Boro and Wigan are two must not lose games.

I must say after the crushing defeat to Arsenal the other day I was really not expecting much of a performance but I am very happy with the outcome. Don't know what's going on with the Rovers this year but I can only hope they can bounce back with some better performances in the new year.

I'm absolutely delighted with that win. We rode our luck and Liverpool could have scored three or four, but I couldn't care less! It was a great goal to win it, with Tugay showing what an important player he is for us. Hopefully this will lead us on to better things in the second half of the season.

Our two best players are the wrong side of 35. Oh well, enjoy them whilst we can.

As for the game, Liverpool probably should have had a draw with all the chances they had, but screw them we deserve some luck.

I thought both Neill and the ref had a shocker. Both looked like they were playing for Liverpool. Speaking of which, Alonso is scum - how there isn't a hate campaign against his name is beyond me. He took out Tugay and Benni when they showed him and his mates up - petty little player.

All in all a vital three points, but we need to keep it up now. Must pick up points in the next two fixtures and pick up a head of steam.

At half time I'd have snapped the hand off anyone offering a draw. The more it went on the more in control Liverpool looked. Todd was getting run completely ragged by Bellamy. Obviously Hughes' h/t talk was better than Benitez'. The second half display was immense, particularly the first 20 minutes where we had them totally rattled. Fantastic result and another goal for Benni. And what a ball from Tugay! :) Where the five minutes stoppage time came from I'll never know.

IMO Neill has been playing for himself the whole season, who other LB spends more time off position? No doubt Neill is one of our best players but Sparky has to know something I don't for keeping the liability a) as captain and B) in the starting XI. Neill spearing our attack with full backs technique and attacking vision creates a lot of unnecessary work for Gamst, Tugs, Ooijer etc and gives the opponents too much space on their right flank.

That said, Neill, playing at his best, is one of the best full backs on the league and it's sad to see him go, but I'm glad to see the situation get solved. Hopefully the Ukranian or Gray can replace Lucas adequately.

Pretty much stumped with what to say. I`ll never understand this game.

You earn your own luck in this game and Savage battled like mad until the ball broke our way which led to the goal.

Wasn`t it great to see Tugay make Gerrard look a fool when sliding the ball through for Gamst.

Tugay and Savage ate Gerrard and Alonso alive in my opinion.

As for Brad, the words just do not exist.

As for Neill`s after match interview, he`s obviously off and away. Didn`t think he did anything today that Mickey Gray can`t do anyway.

Well done boys.

My brother just had a small argument with Mr.Bellamy, we were waiting for the players to come out so we could get our England shirt signed and when Bellamy popped out my brother shouted '' Bellamy whats the score, Bellamy Bellamy whats the score?'', Bellamy just looked at him and the impression he gave was like he aint gonna bother, he just kept chanting away and Bellamy came over and said '' I get your team European football and this is how you respect me?'' My brother replied '' You said there was no clause?'' and Bellamy said '' You don't know the game mate''

Archived